Roof Wrap

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Morning (PST),

Anyone here have their roof wrapped but also removed the stripes from the top (please post pics if you have them too)?
I am getting mine done this Saturday and just wanted to know what to expect such as the antenna being removed, quality etc.
Thanks in advance.

While I'm at it, I am also getting the windows tinted, any recommendations on percentage? I was thinking 15% on the back and side windows and 30% front windows.

I posted this topic on the 350 forum too but since Saturday is right around the corner, I thought I would also get your expertise. thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I have mine wrapped but I'm not sure what stripe you're talking about. I also don't have any antennas. I have had other cars done as well. Usually they will wrap the antenna as a separate piece. I'm not sure of Ford's process but some you need to remove the interior roof liner and unbolt to get the antenna off so it's just easier to leave it on and wrap it.
IMG_20160708_202353.jpg

G-Rell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
you do it yourself? 3m or oracal?

OP
OP
AGGT350

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Thanks and you car looks great :clap2:. Sorry I guess mine has the antenna, maybe because of the Navi or Sirius radio?
Sorry best pic i have of the antenna and stripes.
Antenna.JPG

OP
OP
AGGT350

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I have mine wrapped but I'm not sure what stripe you're talking about. I also don't have any antennas. I have had other cars done as well. Usually they will wrap the antenna as a separate piece. I'm not sure of Ford's process but some you need to remove the interior roof liner and unbolt to get the antenna off so it's just easier to leave it on and wrap it.
Also, is that a Gloss black? I like it

Sponsored

OP
OP
AGGT350

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
you do it yourself? 3m or oracal?
I don't trust myself :). Plus their only charging $180 and they've been doing this for over 5 years, so they say :D and good yelp reviews

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yo main you got that ROOD wrap?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine and never removed the antenna. I bought a shark fin cover that fits right over the antenna from cj pony parts. It does not interfere with my reception!

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGGT350

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Damn that looks good!

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I did mine and never removed the antenna. I bought a shark fin cover that fits right over the antenna from cj pony parts. It does not interfere with my reception!

Do you have some shots so we can see the whole car and how the roof looks? Thanks

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
That's the only 1 i have now. did you know with the 3m gloss black wrap you can wax regularly to help strengthen its resistance to the sun's rays, and it looks super shiny!

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP

3M gloss black. the puck was wrapped separately while on the car in two pieces, one for the top inside the detail line that he traced a template for to precut, and another that wrapped around the sides. installer precut a small hole in the main vinyl sheet before applying it on the roof and then trimmed off the rest as he carded it down.

it looked like a pain in the ass to do because the window glass has no rubber seal so you have to tuck the vinyl deep into the gap at the glass header and cut it from there otherwise you are going to get a strip of body color showing.

the installer also used this special thin cutting tape that he laid down along the gutter lines before the vinyl went on. he would then pull on this tape and it would cut a straight line through the vinyl, which was more accurate than trying to chase the gutter with a blade and scoring the paint.

precleaning is really important. even after clay bar and alcohol prep on my part, there was still stuff i could not see that the installer caught with some sort of commercial solvent that showed up on his microfiber that he said will show through the vinyl.

Last edited:

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Would any of you gents be able to take a picture of the edges of the wrap nearest to the doors. I just want to get an idea of how the wrap goes to the edge, please?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored