Sponsored

Intake cover Emblem

JeepN3RD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
If this is being applied to the same location, really any reason the item could not be applied over the 5.0? Car is at home so not sure how smooth that area is...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
The stock emblem is indented but I think the biggest issue with putting it over the top is that it would stick out instead of laying flush in the recessed area under the stock emblem. There is a molded cutout under the stock emblem.
[MENTION=20738]ponie1992[/MENTION] that looks good. goes well with your painted cover

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
The stock emblem is indented but I think the biggest issue with putting it over the top is that it would stick out instead of laying flush in the recessed area under the stock emblem. There is a molded cutout under the stock emblem.
[MENTION=20738]ponie1992[/MENTION] that looks good. goes well with your painted cover
Thanks!

Here is a pic with the emblem removed.

cowboyfanVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black Performance Package
Got mine in the mail yesterday. I went with the 50 yr logo. Haven't had time to put it on but it looks really good. I will post some pics up when I get it on.

Sponsored

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
So I came up with another Engine intake mod. I was working on the carbon fiber cover and wasn't happy with how it was turning out. What I realized is that the blue carbon fiber is really hard to work with because it is actually carbon fiber and blue Kevlar which is some pretty tough stuff to cut and sand. and get clean edges.

Long story short I bought another intake cover off ebay for cheap and I was thinking of different mods for that and thought it might be cool to make custom emblems to replace the 5.0 Badge.

I was trying to think of some different ideas for logos and text and I'm going to try some new metallic aluminum I have for the base plate with some different color combinations. I made these with my 3D printer. The base plate is actually a carbon fiber filament which is a real close match to the texture and color of the stock cover.

What you think? Would love to hear ideas for different designs or color combinations.

Intake.jpg

Intake covers.jpg
That one you have in the photo, is that the one described as 'metallic silver' on your ebay page? These look fantastic.
Just ordered one.

Last edited:

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Thanks!

Here is a pic with the emblem removed.

How do you remove the stock emblem, is it simply takeoff or need to be cut or grinded.?
As you said you can do any custom txt there. I will come back after finalising what I want there.
It's a very cool idea.

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black accent package
Sent you a message on eBay. Looking to do a gloss black with ford racing in white.

Update: anddd order has been placed.

Last edited:

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
How do you remove the stock emblem, is it simply takeoff or need to be cut or grinded.?
As you said you can do any custom txt there. I will come back after finalising what I want there.
It's a very cool idea.
I just pulled mine off. It's just stuck on there. If you wanna save it, use a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the adhesive first. I bent mine pulling it off, but that doesn't bother me. It is metal and very thin.

Sponsored

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
Received and installed - thank you Sagacity! Very happy with it.
IMG_9571.JPG

Bo50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
50 Years LE WW 6sp #1353
What color do I order to get this exact color? Thank you.

Intake.jpg

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
The pic I put up was the black carbon fiber with silver logo. You did a fantastic job Sagacity - thanks so much.

Bo50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
50 Years LE WW 6sp #1353
Thanks all; order placed.
Sponsored