New Step Plate Label...

2017 Shelby GT350-4.jpg
Sponsored

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Im going to install an "SVT" door sill in my GT350R. SVT reminds of the good 'ol days - you know, before Ford was shoving V6 EcoBoost down our throats. I love the GT350R, but Im not really happy with anything else that Ford is doing, performance or not.

V6 Ford GT supercar? check.

Full Size, next-gen Raptor? V6. Check.

No V8 in the Expedition? Check.

Feminize the new Ford Explorer, remove the V8 and all off-road prowess and make it look like a minivan? Check.

Plan to make Lincoln look like a cheap rental car compared to it's main competitor, Cadillac? Big Check

Refuse to offer a full-size flagship sedan to compete with the CT6 or Charger? check.

Refuse to give the only close-to-full-size car (Taurus) any love or refinement? Check.

Let GM build a LT4-powered CTS-V, a 6.2L Escalade that weighs 5,900 lbs and gets better MPG and performance out of it's Vortec 6.2L V8 then the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 does in the lighter F-150? check.

Let Chrysler and GM flood the market with the one thing that Americans want: full-size cars with V8's with plenty of room and luxury - and not even address this need? CHECK

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I like the GT350 logo better but wasnt too fond of the area to the right of the GT350 logo, so not unhappy thats gone. Would have been better with something like Ford - GT350
Im more concerned about the color of plastic. Looks more grey than charcoal, but may just be pics. I'd much prefer the darker shade!

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Soft rollovers seem nice... Is it really an extra speaker compared to prior tech pack?

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Me thinks the 15/16 MYs will be more sought after.
Considering the MY17 standard package, no sacrifices over one package or the other, and the value added of the Convenience Package, then add the color options and the result is nope, no way. If you want to call it even, call it even but there is no 15/16 advantage over 17 unless someone wants a particular chassis number.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Oh god damn it. Another tweeter was NOT the 2 extra speakers I was hoping for. Seriously, the system had problem with LOWS not highs.

Anyway, I liked the FPs plate better. The whole "Blah: blah" thing seems like something my 6 year old would print out.

Looking forward to not resting my elbow on that hard ass door plastic though.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Im going to install an "SVT" door sill in my GT350R. SVT reminds of the good 'ol days - you know, before Ford was shoving V6 EcoBoost down our throats. I love the GT350R, but Im not really happy with anything else that Ford is doing, performance or not.

Feminize the new Ford Explorer, remove the V8 and all off-road prowess and make it look like a minivan? Check.

Plan to make Lincoln look like a cheap rental car compared to it's main competitor, Cadillac? Big Check

Refuse to offer a full-size flagship sedan to compete with the CT6 or Charger? check.

Refuse to give the only close-to-full-size car (Taurus) any love or refinement? Check.

Let GM build a LT4-powered CTS-V, a 6.2L Escalade that weighs 5,900 lbs and gets better MPG and performance out of it's Vortec 6.2L V8 then the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 does in the lighter F-150? check.

Let Chrysler and GM flood the market with the one thing that Americans want: full-size cars with V8's with plenty of room and luxury - and not even address this need? CHECK

Ahh yes.. SVT.. with such machines as the Contour SVT, the rowdy SVT focus, the Lightning - 5.4 supercharged powerhouse that if prompted would spill it's guts making whp similar to what a modified 2.3l ecoboost can on stock internals. I think you're looking through rose colored glasses and have some type of gripe with Ford.. not sure why you're purchasing the R if you contain so much hatred for the brand. I'm certain there is someone out there looking for one, I'd leave the cheesy upgraded door sill logo off to protect the resale value. What I see Ford doing is outselling GM this year for the first time in 5 years back in March. The Ford GT has way more buyers than it will produce units to satisfy, being a former Raptor 6.2l owner I would absolutely welcome the new ecoboost, the 6.2 wasn't impressive in any way and left a lot to be desired in the 12.6mpg I got on average and most of that was highway driving @ 70mph. I personally think Ford is on quite a roll and most of the industry agrees.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

You must just be talking about what you want. If you actually look at US sales you would know Toyota is the most profitable car maker in the world and the Camry has been the best selling car in the US almost every year for a couple decades now. And what was the last exciting car Toyota made for the average buyer? Have you seen Cadillac's car sales? Terrible. The Mustang outsold the entire Alpha platform last month and its sales were down like everyone's.

Ford is just bringing to market what it thinks people will buy just like every other car maker.

And I also want to say that I agree on the GT and the Raptor needing at least a V8 option or special edition. But unfortunately for Ford I can't afford either so are they gonna listen to me or soccer mom who's husband is pullin in 6 figures.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Considering the MY17 standard package, no sacrifices over one package or the other, and the value added of the Convenience Package, then add the color options and the result is nope, no way. If you want to call it even, call it even but there is no 15/16 advantage over 17 unless someone wants a particular chassis number.
Color choices?... No DIB, of which looks vastly better than LB IMHO... Yes RuR is nice...

The changes make the MY17 car more civilian, which is how MY67 changed from MYs 65/66. But, today's culture is more about amenities than it is rowdiness and character, so you may be right.
Sponsored