Mustang outsells Porsche and Audi in Germany

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
FordMustang2015_64.jpg

Ford Mustang Best-Selling Sports Car in Germany in March

COLOGNE, Germany, April 8, 2016 – Ford Mustang beat its rivals to become Germany’s No.1 top-selling sports coupe in March, according to data published by German Federal Motor Transport Authority, KBA.

“Germans have fallen in love with the Mustang. Driving a Mustang GT on the Autobahn is a one of a kind experience for people who love cars,” said Wolfgang Kopplin, managing Director Ford Germany.

More details about sales in the sports car segment available here (pages 10/11). High resolution photos of the Mustang can be downloaded here.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...t-selling-sports-car-in-germany-in-march.html

See also: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/08/ford-mustang-germany-audi-porsche-sales-news/
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I didn't know people even buy the Audi TT in the first place. Porsche 911 is also a different league in terms of price so that's dumb to write an article acting surprised.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I didn't know people even buy the Audi TT in the first place. Porsche 911 is also a different league in terms of price so that's dumb to write an article acting surprised.
If you read the article it says that the Mustang also outsold the cheaper Porsches.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you read the article it says that the Mustang also outsold the cheaper Porsches.
I did. Same exact situation. The Mustang is cheaper. It's bad journalism. It's like being proud the McDonald's McDouble outsold the Kobe Beef burger.

BTW, hello fellow MN member :)

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
That 230 HP TT is also quicker (slightly) than the 310 HP ecoboost though. So I doubt people buy these cars for power, well the GT maybe but not the Ecoboost. It's new, it's unique and it looks amazing. Doubt this big early sales influx will continue throughout the Mustang's EU career.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
That 230 HP TT is also quicker (slightly) than the 310 HP ecoboost though. So I doubt people buy these cars for power, well the GT maybe but not the Ecoboost. It's new, it's unique and it looks amazing. Doubt this big early sales influx will continue throughout the Mustang's EU career.
Is the Ecoboost Performance Package available in Europe? I know the marketing and trim levels for Euro cars is completely different than for North America...;) Suffice it to say that if the Ecoboost is only slightly slower than a 230 HP TT, the 3.55 rear axle should solve the problem :thumbsup: Although the theoretical top speed is slower, which might disappoint a German consumer on the Autobahn...but you'd have to flash the ECU to disable the top speed limiter to even notice that :D

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Performance pack is standard in all european Mustangs.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I did. Same exact situation. The Mustang is cheaper. It's bad journalism. It's like being proud the McDonald's McDouble outsold the Kobe Beef burger.
While I agree that most people wouldn't cross shop the two, they said sports cars so unless you don't consider the Porsche or the Mustang a sports car the comparison is valid.

That being said I chased a 911 Carrera (don't know what year or spec, they all look the same to me but it said Carrera 911 on the back) along some mountain roads, He could not shake me. Once on the Autobahn, much to his dismay I overtook him at around 275 kph.

Full disclosure, my car isn't stock, but then again I could buy 4 of them for the price of a base 911.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Is the Ecoboost Performance Package available in Europe? I know the marketing and trim levels for Euro cars is completely different than for North America...;) Suffice it to say that if the Ecoboost is only slightly slower than a 230 HP TT, the 3.55 rear axle should solve the problem :thumbsup: Although the theoretical top speed is slower, which might disappoint a German consumer on the Autobahn...but you'd have to flash the ECU to disable the top speed limiter to even notice that :D
European Ecoboost Mustangs are all PP but don't get the 3.55s, they keep the 3.31 to just eek under the 200grams of CO2 per Km where taxes in alot of europe start getting crazy.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Cheaper or not, the Mustang has a strong presence in Germany. I didn't expect the Mustang to compete with those vehicles but, it appears the Mustang is a valued choice for performance.

That's 780 on top of the 12,5xx sold here in North America. 1000 were sold in the UK...

That's 14,300 Mustang's sold in March with just NA, UK and Germany. Maybe an additional 1000-3000 worldwide.

The 2015-'16 toppled the 2005-'06 I believe. The 5th Gen never sold over 11,000 in a month. I think Ford is producing close to 175,000-190,000 a year. They produced those numbers in 2004 as well.

The 7th Gen will be absolutely incredible!!!

Sponsored

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
How is this is not news? I asked my son what Coupe was the best selling in Germany for March. His jaw is still on the ground. It does represent a very good performance value, burger analogies aside.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
European Ecoboost Mustangs are all PP but don't get the 3.55s, they keep the 3.31 to just eek under the 200grams of CO2 per Km where taxes in alot of europe start getting crazy.
I see an opening for a killer second-hand mod market in Europe...3.55 rear differential "pumpkins" to Europe for the ecoboost cars :headbang:

P.S. There's not much of a mileage difference...:thumbsup:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
911 is expensive obviously. People don't just go buy them.
TT is for women.
Men want something cheap and manly looking like the Mustang.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Not a surprise. It's exotic over there. When I was a teenager, I had a friend who had just moved over from Germany. He was like German this, German that, blah, blah. We were all car guys so we didn't disagree. We loved German cars and they were amazing. We expected him to get a German car for his first car. You know what he got? A 90 Camaro RS V6. I was like...what? American? It was exotic to him. He was thrilled to own a big American sporty car. Plus they were like $15K new back then. Quite a lot of car for $15K. He wasn't into Mustangs. Frankly, none of us were back then. We like Fox bodies, but we were into imports and the Fox body V8 back then stock was less than impressive.
Sponsored