Sponsored

2017 Order Banks opening tomorrow?

Kung Fu English

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e92 M3 but a GT350 soon maybe
Just an FYI - I received this email a little bit ago Thursday 4/8 from a dealer I am on a wait list for:

The order bank opens Friday and we will be going through the list and calling you all soon, so in the mean time I want you guys to get educated on the new car and options so please see the attached order guide. Pricing isn’t listed yet, but should be in a couple days.
Seems to indicate order banks are opening tomorrow 4/9.
Sponsored

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
If I ordered a 2017 this month, when would you expect it to arrive at the dealer?

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If I ordered a 2017 this month, when would you expect it to arrive at the dealer?
First 2017 job is rumored to start June 2nd. If that's true, with shipping, and probable QC checks, tack on an extra month to that, minimum. So I doubt any earlier than July, but it could be later.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Just an FYI - I received this email a little bit ago Thursday 4/8 from a dealer I am on a wait list for:

Seems to indicate order banks are opening tomorrow 4/9.
Do the order banks historically open before pricing is released and allocations are allocated?

Last edited:

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
First 2017 job is rumored to start June 2nd. If that's true, with shipping, and probable QC checks, tack on an extra month to that, minimum. So I doubt any earlier than July, but it could be later.
Thank you. I found a dealer who has an incoming 16 and should be arriving in May. But, I may hold out and place an order on a 17, Especially if I can get into one by August. I think it may be better to wait three months. This way I can get the track pack with recaros and nav., and the 16 the dealer wants 5k adm and the 17 I found a dealer who will do msrp. So it would probably cost me the same.

Sponsored

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thank you. I found a dealer who has an incoming 16 and should be arriving in May. But, I may hold out and place an order on a 17, Especially if I can get into one by August. I think it may be better to wait three months. This way I can get the track pack with recaros and nav., and the 16 the dealer wants 5k adm and the 17 I found a dealer who will do msrp. So it would probably cost me the same.
I'd wait for the 17 in your case, even if it's longer than 3 months, solely for no ADM. Plus, I would have loved to be able to get the track pack and sync 3. But just know it could be significantly longer than 3 months because it doesn't matter when you order, it matters when your dealer's allocation gets pulled for scheduling. And there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to how that works. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll be happy whichever way you go.

Fordman88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150 XLT Max Tow, 2017 GT350
Dealer Allocation

I spoke with My dealer yesterday and he still hasn't received his allocation for 2017. I am second on his list deposit paid getting it at MSRP. Come on Ford get in gear. He received 2 2016's hope he gets 2 2017's

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Stopped by my dealer to check on 16 build status and 17 order. :ford:

He tried to enter the order, but got the response "2017 Mustang Order Bank Pending". However, he also showed me that many of Fords computer systems are having trouble today, so can't tell if that's the issue at the moment. :shrug:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Ok, 2015 (2016MY) all over again.

Yes the Order banks open well before pricing is released. Order banks in theory initially open for dealer stock, not customer orders so pricing is irrelevant. Not to say a dealer won't custom order on day one, but it goes in as a dealer and not a customer order.

Ordering on day 1 or day 30 etc has NOTHING to do as to when you get your car. Cars are supplied by allocation and release by the zone manager. If your ordering from a small dealership that sells few mustangs then you can order on day one but your car may not be released and built until the last month of the build year--11 months later....

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Yes the Order banks open well before pricing is released. Order banks in theory initially open for dealer stock, not customer orders so pricing is irrelevant. Not to say a dealer won't custom order on day one, but it goes in as a dealer and not a customer order.

Ordering on day 1 or day 30 etc has NOTHING to do as to when you get your car. Cars are supplied by allocation and release by the zone manager. If your ordering from a small dealership that sells few mustangs then you can order on day one but your car may not be released and built until the last month of the build year--11 months later....
Are allocations released prior to the order banks opening?

Sponsored

ssr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pickup
My order was put in at 11:08 this morning on gt 350, I was sent the vehicle order confirmation: n6 -Lightning blue. B -Svt Leather seats. 1- ebony. 900a-eqpt. 21s- veh cover. 47s-ott racing stripe. 67u- convenience pkg. 17f- sync3 51h- htd/cool seats. Originally was supposed to get r , what can you do.:clap2: 574-dual zone A/C. 582- Sirius xm. 91n-nav 851- black/white

Last edited:

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
My order was put in at 11:08 this morning on gt 350, I was sent the vehicle order confirmation: n6 -Lightning blue. B -Svt Leather seats. 1- ebony. 900a-eqpt. 21s- veh cover. 47s-ott racing stripe. 67u- convenience pkg. 17f- sync3 51h- htd/cool seats. Originally was supposed to get r , what can you do.:clap2: 574-dual zone A/C. 582- Sirius xm. 91n-nav 851- black/white
No prices I assume? :D

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Not sure what that means. In my case, i don't care when I get it, I just want a written deal on a confirmed R allocation at a price I am willing to pay. I started the hunt last July for my 16, so I fully understand the process. I don't want to be one of the sad cases of being advised at the end of the MY that their allocation, and hence their order does not exist. These are very hard to find and I had (another) one fall on me. :cheers:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
You are correct, dealer has been great to work with for the past few months, and msrp.
Out of curiosity was it a dealership in Michigan?
Sponsored