Sponsored

PCV TSB done- what they found

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Why gut it if the new one makes it so the car doesn't smoke?

The check valves are now in the UPR catch can kit, so the check valve ( PVC ) at the block is not really needed, you could probably have it as well, but thats a question for UPR. They have always steered me in the right direction.
Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The check valves are now in the UPR catch can kit, so the check valve ( PVC ) at the block is not really needed, you could probably have it as well, but thats a question for UPR. They have always steered me in the right direction.
Ah okay was jw I prefer to have both

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
how many times have they revised the PCV?

I have a 2016 that has smoked once from leaving it idling with the A/C on

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Yeah, I'm curious about this... Specially what the ECU update does, since it probably gets overwritten when you guys reflash your cars
Only Catalyst get overwrite I think, the code I get is not the same. I could be wrong. Maybe some tuner can tell us.

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
how many times have they revised the PCV?

I have a 2016 that has smoked once from leaving it idling with the A/C on
Just once, I think. Old style has a barcode on it. New style has a QR code. Your dealer can check it for you.

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just once, I think. Old style has a barcode on it. New style has a QR code. Your dealer can check it for you.
Anyone can check it, you just need a mirror.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I got this done and some how I get the p04DB error code for crankcase ventilation system disconnected error. I bought it back today and still waiting for the diagnostic. They marked my mishimoto catch can with hose with some sort of yellow paint and it is disgustingly hard to remove.

It did fix the smoke issue from catless DP upgrade.
I got this same code last week and have a UPR duel valve Catch Can. i haven't brought it into the dealer yet because I was concerned the Catch can was the issue. Also not getting any oil in the catch can. Could this tsb be the reason? I haven't noticed any smoke though.

93tcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang
part number is FR3Z-6A785-C I paid $ 23 haven't installed it yet.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I got this same code last week and have a UPR duel valve Catch Can. i haven't brought it into the dealer yet because I was concerned the Catch can was the issue. Also not getting any oil in the catch can. Could this tsb be the reason? I haven't noticed any smoke though.
I just received a follow up call from the dealership. They said the part they installed maybe faulty. :shrug: as far as right now, the tech said he will clear it and see if it come back when I drive.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I just received a follow up call from the dealership. They said the part they installed maybe faulty. :shrug: as far as right now, the tech said he will clear it and see if it come back when I drive.
Try this. Take the line off that runs from the valve cover (on the passenger side) to the intake tube. After you get it removed, reinstall it but start at the intake tube connection for that line and end with the valve cover connection. For whatever reason, they don't always get a good connection at the intake tube connection and it will throw that code. Ask me how I know and how I fixed it. :thumbsup: Removing the line from both ends and reconnecting on the intake tube first should get you squared away though.

Sponsored

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Thanks Juben. I'll try that this weekend. I'm a bit confuse as I am not a words person. I'm a visual. If you could do a quick video to show would be amazing?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Thanks Juben. I'll try that this weekend. I'm a bit confuse as I am not a words person. I'm a visual. If you could do a quick video to show would be amazing?
I'm at work, so I can't record a video, but it's in the pic in this link. Look at the line shown with a triangle (6758). It's real simple to see when you're looking at the car. It's the only line on the passenger side of the engine that runs from the valve cover to the intake tube. It'll only take about 30 seconds to take it loose and reconnect it.

Last edited:

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
NICE.

I just picked up the car. They cleared the code. Ill be in for a long drive this weekend to see if it would pop up. So far the car is running really nice.

UPDATE:

after a long trip to PA, no p04DB. The only code I get is the catalyst which will be disable after tune. I havent try your method yet Juben, Ill try it if this code pop up again.

Last edited:

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Friend of mine is a tech at the local ford dealer and did the PCV TSB today. He said the new PCV looks the same on the outside but is a different color plastic. While he had the intake off, he looked at the valves and said they all still look like new- basically what you would expect from a 10K mile car. Said that there was a tiny amount of oil in the intake manifold but also nothing unusual. Also did a PCM update that was required with the TSB but he had no info on what changes were made with the update. The car runs and feels the same, so just some peace of mind that any oil/smoke issues are minimized. Car is bone stock and built in July '15.
yup.. looks the same on the outside except for a blue PCV and different barcode. I ordered the updated oil separator Part # FR3Z-6A785-C for my car and it arrived earlier today.

26170311952_fba2a79f4c_b.jpg

25989890930_8b984dd076_b.jpg

My car smoked like a chimney once I installed the DP and exhaust so I gutted my PCV with a DVCC which solved all the issues. I'm going to install the updated PCV just as it is and see if the car smokes at all. I'll also cut open the original oil separator and take photos just for giggles.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Keep us posted if the smoke stays away with the new PCV
Sponsored