OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
"Perhaps even more electrifying, a beast on the track and a Saturn V rocket out on the open road, the new Ford Shelby GT350 had us fighting for seat time. The mountain walls lining the serpentine asphalt of Highway 168 wriggling down into Big Pine, California, are probably still echoing with the shock waves of its 526-horse V-8 screaming at 8,500 rpm.

We sampled both the base and the more track-focused R versions of Ford’s new brute. Both blew us away. “The GT350R has a very ‘mean American’ feel but balances that with a very good chassis,” noted Noordeloos. “It’s a classic ponycar but has excellent dynamics.” Pilgrim: “This thing is loud in a way that homeowner associations just love. Not! Where do I sign up?” Lerner: “The flat-plane V-8 is a magnificent piece that makes all the right noises.” That said, there’s no escaping the vibrations that the flat-plane crankshaft telegraphs through the seat and wheel. These Shelbys define the word “visceral.”

Not surprisingly, the GT350R (base price: $63,495) is the more aggressive sibling—it deletes the rear seats to save weight and, among other changes, adds carbon-fiber wheels—but no one found the standard GT350 (base: $49,995) lack- ing. This is the car the old Boss 302—“and I liked that car a lot,” Morrison noted—wishes it could’ve been: monster brakes, studly six-speed manual shifter, standard Torsen rear diff, more power and grip than the Terminator. And that sound. Driving either of these Shelbys is like being in a nonstop “Bullitt” chase scene. That’s a very good thing."

Video:
[ame]

Last edited:

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Good find Bossing.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
And they tested & tracked at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump.... l like that place! I was there for the Ron Fellows C7 High Performance driving school (subsidized for C7 owners) and I believe [MENTION=7132]Trackaholic[/MENTION] has been there as well. I was on the North-South track for my 2-day event.

Don't mind the dig.... :lol:
But I do wish I could hoon the 350 there! :D

Last edited:

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hmm, they told me it was $1000 for C7 owners. Maybe i was had...
I agree though, that course is fantastic and the accommodations are simply amazing. First class all the way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My bad, yes it's 1k for owners since GM subsidizes 2/3 of the total cost.... I was thinking free for me since I had a 1k rebate from GM when I bought my car. Yeah the facility is great! Condo-like units are very very nice, clean too.

Did you guys see the new hardtop Miata yet? The current soft top version is also an all-star on this list of 7.... but the new one is a game changer. I really like it! And watch the retractable top! Very cool... targa like!

https://instagram.com/p/BDRtmsySJvM/

http://jalopnik.com/the-2017-mazda-miata-rf-convertible-this-is-it-1766514055
"Instead of an affordable Jaguar E-Type style Miata coupe, we get an affordable 911 Targa style Miata. I dig it."
:thumbsup:
image.jpg

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Wow, that looks really really nice. Good job Mazda.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
My bad, yes it's 1k for owners since GM subsidizes 2/3 of the total cost.... I was thinking free for me since I had a 1k rebate from GM when I bought my car. Yeah the facility is great! Condo-like units are very very nice, clean too.

Did you guys see the new hardtop Miata yet? The current soft top version is also an all-star on this list of 7.... but the new one is a game changer. I really like it! And watch the retractable top! Very cool... targa like!

https://instagram.com/p/BDRtmsySJvM/

http://jalopnik.com/the-2017-mazda-miata-rf-convertible-this-is-it-1766514055
"Instead of an affordable Jaguar E-Type style Miata coupe, we get an affordable 911 Targa style Miata. I dig it."
:thumbsup:
Wait, so it's only a retractable targa?

Last edited:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
And they tested & tracked at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump.... l like that place! I was there for the Ron Fellows C7 High Performance driving school (subsidized for C7 owners) and I believe [MENTION=7132]Trackaholic[/MENTION] has been there as well. I was on the North-South track for my 2-day event.

Yes, I went there for the 3-day course. Not subsidized unfortunately, but well worth the $3000 price. Really loved the whole experience, and the C7's were amazing.

I actually am thinking about bringing my GT350 up there for a private lesson. Want to do some skidpad work so I can get used to sliding the car around on track in order to have more confidence at the road course.

Clearly Automobile as great taste in cars!

-T

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
And they tested & tracked at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump.... l like that place! I was there for the Ron Fellows C7 High Performance driving school (subsidized for C7 owners) and I believe @Trackaholic has been there as well. I was on the North-South track for my 2-day event.

I bet those C7's were a kick at Spring Mountain...I love that facility. I've had the opportunity to flog a C7, but not at Spring Mountain. I have had the opportunity to spend a few days in my favorite road car, to date, at SM...the Radical SR3 RS.

turn up the sound to enjoy the Hayabusa.

[ame]

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
[MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION], that Magnetic Miata hardtop is sweet. I wouldn't mind having one but I'm torn on that new C7GS... That Miata would save me $30k though.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Can you guys actually fit in a Miata? Be satisfied with less than 200 HP?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Over 6'2 and your knees will bump the steering wheel. But other than that, around town it's insanely fun for spirited driving. The gears are super short, so the ~155 HP feels quite a bit faster than it actually is. Plus... 2300 lbs.

I wasn't a believer until I test drove one. But while it's one of the better sounding 4 cyl out there, I'd rather have the drama and theater of a V8.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Lol, yes, but it's a shoehorning akin to stuffing a Boss 429 in a pinto.

My sister has a last generation Miata and the car is fun to look at but basically feels like a tin can. From what I have heard regarding the latest version, people are finding it to be a more comfortable, sporting offering.

I'm still gunho over the C7GS platform for now, tho...
Sponsored