Sponsored

3 350's at PBIR in limp mode?

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
Can those who attended please elaborate on their experience? I heard the driver on the youtube video mention during the 3rd session that the car went into limp mode and the session was cut short. As you were pulling into the pits someone mentioned that all 3 GT350's there went into limp mode. Without causing panic can the originator of the video elaborate on the car types that were at that event. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
Bossing was that your car? great video, you quickly replied to my youtube post, so I will wait for your reply there. Thanks.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If they are tech packs being ran hard, for sure they are going into limp mode in sunny south FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
If they are tech packs being ran hard, for sure they are going into limp mode in sunny south FL.

They were night sessions, I would post the video but I can't having trouble with my trackpad.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
They were night sessions, I would post the video but I can't having trouble with my trackpad.

Night or day, it's still not cool here in FL and the tech packs are not equipped to be ran hard at track events.

This issue keeps coming up for the techs or base cars.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yup.... me. And the vid is in my GT350 thread. Unfortunately, it did for the 3 at PBIR and even yesterday at Sebring an instructor with this Tech pack hit limp mode after 15mins into each of his sessions. PBIR is a walk in the park compared to Sebring... what disappoints too is you don't even need to run it hard. Something is up... I hope it's just a conservative threshold in the ECM. Who knows at this point w/o a real data logger analyses.
dib-shelby.PNG

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I MIGHT never track my car, but I am some frustrated that I pretty much won't be able to. I get that the Track pack and the R SHOULD be more track capable, but as other have said, even a base and in my case tech car should be as able to run hard at a track as a mustang GT or a miata. Oh well, might not affect anything but my pride. Hey, what if a Camaro SS can run at the track for 30 min+ without going into limp mode?

Last edited:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I MIGHT never track my car, but I am some frustrated that I pretty much won't be able to. I get hat the Track pack and the R SHOULD be much more track capable, but as other have said, even a base of in my case tech car should be as able to run hard at a track as a mustang GT or a miata. Oh well, might not affect anything but my pride. Hey, what if a Camaro SS can run at the track for 30 min+ without going into limp mode?

The Camaro most prob won't lol

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I MIGHT never track my car, but I am some frustrated that I pretty much won't be able to. I get that the Track pack and the R SHOULD be more track capable, but as other have said, even a base and in my case tech car should be as able to run hard at a track as a mustang GT or a miata. Oh well, might not affect anything but my pride. Hey, what if a Camaro SS can run at the track for 30 min+ without going into limp mode?
We all feel your pain ! What else can we do at this point than what has already been said over and over again.

Like i said before, those we're hearing from right now, is just the tip of the iceberg.
Wait till it starts getting warmer, new members will start pouring in like crazy and hopefully we'll have a fix by then. Well one can hope right.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
We all feel your pain ! What else can we do at this point than what has already been said over and over again.

Like i said before, those we're hearing from right now, is just the tip of the iceberg.
Wait till it starts getting warmer, new members will start pouring in like crazy and hopefully we'll have a fix by then. Well one can hope right.
WISDOM!

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
yet another thread where I read and ask: why do people order a 'Tech pack' option instead of a 'Track pack' option then track their cars and wonder why they aren't working optimally on a track?
The fact that ~2/3rds of people ordered Tech pack on a GT350 surprises me.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
yet another thread where I read and ask: why do people order a 'Tech pack' option instead of a 'Track pack' option then track their cars and wonder why they aren't working optimally on a track?
Yet another constructive reply where i ask mysef. " how is this going to help the base/tech owners in any way . " !!!!:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I don't understand why this would be any kind of a surprise; That's a really easy question to answer. I plan for my GT350 to be pretty much a daily driver, I need the exact features that a Tech Pack car offer. I also plan to do track days with the car probably 6-7 times per year and auto cross about the same. I'm certain there are a lot of owners of TP or base cars that are planning similar activity.
There is no reasonable situation that should not allow my car to participate in those activities and be successful, with a minimum of problems. That is what we spent premium $$ for, we certainly did not expect an all out race car, just a good performer - as advertised.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
The fact that Track Pack cars are going into limp mode now too is scary.