Sponsored

STOP Buying TPMS Training Tool for 2015+

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
All - Stop buying TPMS Training Tools for the 2015+ Mustangs, the S550 with the new 315MHz TPMS Sensors Auto Learns within 25-miles of driving.

Can you manually train the 2015+ Mustang for immediate reading after installing new sensors, yes, but if you check and set your tire pressures before driving off on your new tires and wheels, everything will be fine and the new sensors will start reporting the pressures.
Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Yeah i never had an issue and i swapped wheels and tires 4 times now.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Agree, swapped my OE's for take-off PP's & they self adjusted before I got home !

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Wished I knew this before. LOL

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Glad I saw this because I was about to buy one for my new wheels coming.

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
EB competition orange convertible
If this is true it comes about a week too late for me. My training tool arrived in the mail yesterday.

I do see how the car might start reading from all four sensors, but I don't see how the car would be able to figure out which wheel is on which corner of the car without training.

There would be an easy way to test this. Just over inflate one tire by 3 to 4 psi, then either change it's position on the car or train the car incorrectly on purpose. Drive your 25 miles or so and see if the tire pressure display changes the position of the over inflated tire to it's actual position.

Sponsored

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If this is true it comes about a week too late for me. My training tool arrived in the mail yesterday.

I do see how the car might start reading from all four sensors, but I don't see how the car would be able to figure out which wheel is on which corner of the car without training.

There would be an easy way to test this. Just over inflate one tire by 3 to 4 psi, then either change it's position on the car or train the car incorrectly on purpose. Drive your 25 miles or so and see if the tire pressure display changes the position of the over inflated tire to it's actual position.
The system knows which wheel its picking up the signal from, as to how it accomplishes this I dont know. I discovered this the hard way when I cracked my wheel on some road trash and had to re-install one of my oem wheels in its place. The computer picked up the signal from the oem wheel and displayed it for the correct wheel location. The TPMS system came in pretty handy since I could watch on the display the pressure dropping from my tire and hand enough time to pull off the freeway and park at a gas station. Changing a wheel at the side of the freeway at night is never a good idea.

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
EB competition orange convertible
The system knows which wheel its picking up the signal from, as to how it accomplishes this I dont know. I discovered this the hard way when I cracked my wheel on some road trash and had to re-install one of my oem wheels in its place. The computer picked up the signal from the oem wheel and displayed it for the correct wheel location. The TPMS system came in pretty handy since I could watch on the display the pressure dropping from my tire and hand enough time to pull off the freeway and park at a gas station. Changing a wheel at the side of the freeway at night is never a good idea.
In this case you only replaced the one wheel. I would assume the Mustang would have seen that three sensors were unchanged, so the car had only one sensor's reading to update.

I'm uncomfortable assuming that if multiple wheels were changed the car would know which wheel was where. If it weren't so darn cold I'd test this with my car right now. But the OEM PZeros don't like 15 deg F weather.

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
I remember reading that it's proximity based. Each wheel well has a module that monitors the sensor closest to it. At least that's how I understood it.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
This is agreed 100% I inform all the members I do setups on you dont need them anymore this is the awesome thing about the S550, besides its sexy, fits wide ass wheels and tires, and you can def have some fun with them. This i like a cherry ontop.

OP
OP

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Rotate at will, the car will figure the new location quickly.
Sponsored