Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

ford-mustang-american-muscle-logo_zps8065c96a.png

2015-ford-mustang-rtr_100488919_l.jpg

Click Below to Buy Exclusively from American Muscle:
RTR ROCKER SPLITTERS

Disclaimer:
The RTR Rocker Splitters may cause broken neck syndrome to passerby's.

Tools Needed:
T20 Torx Bit
Panel Remover Tool
Optional for use with Roush Winglets: Dremel w/ Cutting Wheel

Difficulty Level:
1 out of 12 Beers

Parts List:
(2) RTR Rocker Splitters
(2) RTR Rear Valance Splitters
(2) Alcohol Swabs
(1) Adhesive Promoter Swab

Preparation:
Raise the vehicle from the side and place on jackstands.
(Can be done without lifting vehicle if you have AirLift and raise the car, as I found out on the other side)

Video:

>>>Coming Soon<<<​

Installation:

With the side of the vehicle on jackstands, pull out the RTR Rocker Splitters and inspect your parts.

You will need to remove the bottom-most retaining clip toward the front of the rear wheel well. A panel removal tool makes quick work of this. Highly recommend getting a set of these.

Once you remove the clip, you'll move underneath and remove the (2) screws holding this in with the T20 Torx bit.

Once you remove the retaining clip and the (2) screws, you can pull this out towards the driveshaft to remove it.

Now you are ready to move along side the rocker and remove the (8) retaining clips utilizing the panel removal tool. These suckers are nice and long.

It is now time to clean the underside of the OEM rocker and prepare to install the Splitters. In my case, I am currently running the Roush Winglets.

You can either remove the Winglets and replace them with the Rocker Splitter, or you can do what I did... Pull out your beer, take a swig, and get to work!

There is no easy way to do this. I simply lifted the rocker splitter into place, and used a scribing tool to mark the splitter along the Winglet. Cut the rocker splitter in a fashion where you retain the mounting location, but create a void for the Winglet to sit.

With the underside of the rocker clean from any debris, you are ready to mount the splitter.

I highly recommend using alcohol to clean the surface once it has dried, and let that dry. Once it's dry, you'll want to use the adhesive promoter to help secure a strong bond between the rocker and the splitter. Both simply wipe on. (Sorry to my East Coast brothers and sisters for the sunshine)

Once you are ready, peal back the back of the tape off just enough to have something to pull on as you press the splitter into the rocker. Next install the (8) retaining clips from the rocker before pealing the tape completely.

Once the splitter is in place, you'll want to pull the back of the tape off about 6" at a time as you firmly press the splitter into the valance. Use firm pressure and work to get a strong bond.

Work your way down, until you've reached the end.

The Side Rocker Splitter is now installed. Time to move to the rear and knock out the rear section of the splitter.

From underneath the car, you'll find the (2) retaining clips holding the valance to the bumper. Remove these.

Clean the bottom of the diffuser and also use the alcohol and adhesive promoter here as well.

Remove the back of the tape, and place the splitter up into place first securing it with the (2) retaining clips you just removed. Once it place, firmly press the splitter into the valance to create a secure bond.

You are now done on one side. Repeat the steps for the other side.

Before Pics:

FullShot.jpg

After Pics:

Sponsored

Last edited:

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Nice Job! Definitely looking forward for your After Install Pics, especially on how you integrated the Roush Winglet to the Rocker Splitter

OP
OP
Project Whitemare

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Nice Job! Definitely looking forward for your After Install Pics, especially on how you integrated the Roush Winglet to the Rocker Splitter
Hey bud. I'm currently at work, and I am still editing the pics at home. Will be done soon. Just wanted to at least get the write-up portion completed in case anyone was going to tackle this over the weekend.

:thumbsup:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it looks alot better on air. i had them but sold them..just looked weird imo when car isn't slammed. looks great on air.

Sponsored

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Hey bud. I'm currently at work, and I am still editing the pics at home. Will be done soon. Just wanted to at least get the write-up portion completed in case anyone was going to tackle this over the weekend.

:thumbsup:
No worries. I got nothing but time right now, since I am only stuck in my house with 26 inches of snow outside my door anyway :-)

OP
OP
Project Whitemare

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
i'm curious how it will look with the roush piece too. i think so far so good!
It looks great! I took inspiration from my brother Dezl50 and kept the winglets, and I'm glad I did.

it looks alot better on air. i had them but sold them..just looked weird imo when car isn't slammed. looks great on air.
I don't know man. Although it does look great while aired out, I think it looks just as awesome at ride height. They are nice and subtle when the car is by itself, but when next to another S550, it's pretty substantial.

One of my favorite mods to date! RTR Valance Diffuser and Rocker Splitters make for an amazing transformation. :cheers:

No worries. I got nothing but time right now, since I am only stuck in my house with 26 inches of snow outside my door anyway :-)
I'm off in a couple of hours. I'll head home, finish editing, and update the thread.

OP
OP
Project Whitemare

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Finished pics uploaded.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Nicely done plan on doing that myself with the Apr front soon. Like the winglet tho I don't plan on going that route

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
wow you never disappoint with your work. clean mod once again

Sponsored
OP
OP
Project Whitemare

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Just a couple more shots of the RTR Rocker Splitters:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Are you trying to make me trade my truck on a GT? Because it's bloody working!

Alex

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
WOW!

I have the RTR kit and love what you have done with the Roush winglets, gonna order some now and try to replicate your work. :)

Could you help me out by taking a few close ups of the area where the winglet is please from a few different angles to help me with where I cut the rocker splitters. :)

OP
OP
Project Whitemare

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'd be glad too. Give me some time, as I'm working, but you got it!

No easy way around it brother, just gotta install the Roush Winglet first, and then continue to raise the splitter up to the winglet, and take rough dimensions and cut. Less is more, and it will take several attempts to get it just right.

The look is perfect though!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I'd be glad too. Give me some time, as I'm working, but you got it!

No easy way around it brother, just gotta install the Roush Winglet first, and then continue to raise the splitter up to the winglet, and take rough dimensions and cut. Less is more, and it will take several attempts to get it just right.

The look is perfect though!

Cheers buddy some nice close ups from all angles would be great assistance.

Ordered the winglets and some 3M double sided tape as I am in UK will take a few days to get here so no rush. :)
Sponsored