CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
First wanted to thank @AMAlexLazarus at AmericanMuscle.com for the really sick deal on the RTR Rear Diffuser. When the diffuser first came out, I really wasn't a fan of it. Even after seeing some other member's pictures I still wasn't too swayed. But decided to bite the bullet and put it on. Absolutely no regrets with this diffuser. It really toughens up the rear of the car and gives it that more aggressive look. Especially when paired with RTR's Side Splitters.

Left OEM and Right RTR Diffuser

Install wasn't too bad, followed along with the directions provided by RTR along with popping over to Whitemare's and Khyber's installs as well. @Project Whitemare pointed out that the 7mm Nut Driver was the key to the install, and man was he right. Without that thing It would have been a lot harder.

Required and Optional Tools:

Left Side is required tools for this job:
-Masking/Painters Tape
-7mm 1/4" Socket
-7mm 1/4" Ratchet
-Flat Head Screwdriver
-Dremel Tool w/ Eye Protection

Right Side is Optional but will make the install go as seamless as possible.
-7mm Nut Driver
-Angled Needle Nose Pliers for push pins
-Two Beers of your choice :cheers:

Step 1:
Jack the car up and position it on jack stands.

Step 2:
Remove the lower (2) push pins securing the wheel well to the bumper. This will give you more room to remove 1 of the 3 7mm Screws in Step 2. Repeat on other side.

Step 3:
Remove the (3) 7mm screws securing the valence to the rear bumper. Start with the screw closest to the wheel with either the 7mm Ratchet, or preferably with the nut driver that is pictured. The other two can be removed with the ratchet. Repeat on other side.

Step 4:
Remove the (2) push pins securing the side of the valence to the rear bumper. You can use a flat head screw driver, or my preferred angled needle nose pliers. Repeat on other side.

Step 5:
Remove the (2) 7mm Screws below the reverse light securing the painted portion of the rear valence to the bumper.

Step 6:
Remove the (2) push pins securing the painted portion of the rear valence to the bumper.

Step 7:
Remove the (4) 7mm screws securing the reverse light to the valence. The bottom ones shown are easy to uninstall with the 7mm ratchet or nut driver. The top two are the hardest and are located over the top of the reverse light. Use your hand to feel for the screws then use the 7mm nut driver to uninstall them.

Step 8:
Remove the reverse light by turning the bulb socket counter-clockwise 90* to remove it. Then remove the white push pin securing the reverse light wire to the reverse light housing. Now pull the reverse light housing out and out of the way.

Step 9:
Now that all the screws and pins holding the valence are out of the way, now it's time for the part. Start on the side of the valence by quick-hard pulls with one hand while supporting the bumper with the other. It should make loud "Click" sounds when it frees. Use your hand as a wedge between the valence and the bumper each click of the way.

Step 10:
With the rear valence out of the way, place masking tape along the bottom edges of where the bumper connects the painted portion of the rear valence. This will ensure you don't accidentally bump or mare up your factory paint.

Step 11:
Get out your Dremel and cutting wheel and begin cutting right below the masking tape to disconnect the painted portion of the rear valence.

Step 12:
Now take out your new RTR rear diffuser and clip it into the stock rear valence. Every clip should make a fairly loud "Click" to let you know it is clipped into place.

Step 13:
Reinstall the reverse light housing into the rear valence with the (4) 7mm screws.

Step 14:
Place the rear valence on the car and ensure all the clips are in position. Give the top edge of valence a quick, firm force to put the clips into place. Work your way from center to left , then center to right. Each clip will give off a fairly loud "Click" noise to let you know it has been clipped.

Step 15:
Repeat Steps 8-1 in reverse order to reinstall the 7mm screws and push pins. Done!

BEFORE Pictures:
24407157435_b28b034072_b.jpg

24039326249_1536499806_b.jpg

24039337529_df95b366d4_b.jpg

AFTER Pictures:
23790406034_c3eb24f8bb_b.jpg

24392364936_fdf6c1dfdc_b.jpg

24336134801_b0134fd552_b.jpg

23790387004_473ddd9c9f_b.jpg

24050776409_410375f152_b.jpg

24050765839_cf426d8fb1_b.jpg

23790377064_5cce2aaebc_b.jpg

Enjoy!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Looking good man! Great job with the install write-up! Glad to know you were able to put your nut driver to use!

It's my favorite tool for this car thus far! Makes quick work of the front bumper and belly pan as well!

Those Side Splitters are next for me!

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
That rear diffuser really brought those side splitters into perspective. Before they looked out of place but now it completes the PHATNESS of that rear.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
haha if people can't figure it out with 3 install threads now on the rtr then people need to jump off a cliff!

anyways! looks great doesn't it! Love it on mine, looks even better on air with yours!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CompO5.sl0w

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
Looking good man! Great job with the install write-up! Glad to know you were able to put your nut driver to use!

It's my favorite tool for this car thus far! Makes quick work of the front bumper and belly pan as well!

Those Side Splitters are next for me!
Thanks man! Yes that was the key to the whole installation for sure lol.

That rear diffuser really brought those side splitters into perspective. Before they looked out of place but now it completes the PHATNESS of that rear.

Yess! Time for Mr. Stanginator to get one!

haha if people can't figure it out with 3 install threads now on the rtr then people need to jump off a cliff!

anyways! looks great doesn't it! Love it on mine, looks even better on air with yours!
Right lol?? Thanks man! I was skeptical at first on whether or not I was gonna like it. :cheers:

Ugh I want this. Fuck you Ford for using 2 different rear bumpers.
Can always get a new bumper lol!

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Damn you and your premium bumper!! :)

Looks great!

OP
OP
CompO5.sl0w

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys!

Wonder if it would be just overkill to paint the lower middle like the OEM piece.
I had someone suggest that, but I personally didn't want to go that route. I like the lower valence being all one color.

Sponsored

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Thanks guys!

I had someone suggest that, but I personally didn't want to go that route. I like the lower valence being all one color.
I think on some colors it might stand out too much or be too much material. Hmmm, it does look pretty good. Very tempting.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Great write up Trevor. Should have mine on this coming week. :thumbsup: Yuengling huh. Great beer. Two beer install. lol You guys crack me up. :cheers:

OP
OP
CompO5.sl0w

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! [MENTION=18483]CompO5.sl0w[/MENTION]
Thanks man!

Great write up Trevor. Should have mine on this coming week. :thumbsup: Yuengling huh. Great beer. Two beer install. lol You guys crack me up. :cheers:
Thanks Jeff! Shoot me a message if you need any help on getting it on but I'm sure you got it covered! And yes sir, love me some Yuengling! :cheers:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
@CompO5.sl0w

Looking good brother! Thanks for taking the time to post up your install and review (Happy the weather held out) Not too optimistic for the weekend but I think we're due for a snowpocalypse.

I'll keep my eye on the thread if anyone has any questions.

Alex
Sponsored