Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

I have been researching and trying to find a touch screen infotainment system to replace the 4.3 inch screen in my Shelby GT350 (which I am still waiting for).

I have read all the posts in the forum about the MFT swaps, the TOMTOP units and the Taobao units. They seem good, but still not enough. I would really love to have a Sync 3 system in my car. However, it seems like no one has done it yet....

While I was researching on Taobao and Tmall (same company), I came across this 10.2 inch Android system for the Mustang. It seems very cool. Link: http://world.tmall.com/item/5244155...35569ed55e27b&abbucket=19&skuId=3121021326276

I am a Chinese high school student studying here in Oregon. I am going to college next year for transportation/car design (I love cars, especially the new Mustangs).

While I was visiting back in China this last summer, I used one of these aftermarket Android systems in my friend's Toyota (he is an American working in China). I think the system is made by the same company as the one in the link. The Android system worked great! It is just like using a normal Android tablet. It has English language in it, and everything worked fine with the car, including the car infos and back up cameras. You could even go on the internet using the hotspot from your phone.

Now, I wonder if any of you have seem this Android system for the new Mustang. Has anyone tried this or wanted to try this unit? I am very interested in this unit.

Sponsored

Last edited:

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
Not relate to topic: you are
I am a Chinese high school student studying here in Oregon
but about to own a
Shelby GT350
.....:headbang:
Maybe call you friends in china and ask them to check out this unit for you. Or at least contact the company whom makes this unit.

Sub-Moa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Magnetic
Good find man. I would definitely call them like tritran said and let us know what you find out. Is there a shop in the states that is known for doing S550 infotainment upgrades yet? If so, I would coordinate with them as well.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Sell the Audi A6 and have dealer install Sync 3. Problem solved.

geeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blackie
Looks crappy.
Who needs a smarphone GUI on a car!!! The manufacture doesn't even have the capability of customizing the android UI

Sponsored

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Looks crappy.
Who needs a smarphone GUI on a car!!! The manufacture doesn't even have the capability of customizing the android UI
you would be surprised. There are some already good Automotive aimed apps that transform the android ui into something pretty decent. I am using AutoMate, and its already way better than most OEM systems i have seen. And of course its easy to upgrade as new changes occur, which is absolutely not the case with the oem or big name proprietary systems.

having said that, i still dont think the android car apps are quite where they need to be. my guess is maybe another year before they start really knocking it out of the park.

Lein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Android-as-Radio is actually a pretty neat thing. I had a Nexus 7 tablet with cellular service as my "radio" on my 2011 V6 base Mustang for a while, hooked up to power and the aux input. It needed a bit of work to get the home screen to be as usable for car-purposes as possible (a custom install of Android and a bunch of interface tweaks, such as cranking the text size way up,) but it was nice to have podcasts automatically download via cellular or wifi, and to use navigation programs that pulled live traffic and crowd-sourced police reporting.

If this type of kit would interface with all of the expected Sync functions somehow, it would be a killer alternative to the other replacement systems if you're interested in going a more expandable route. It would need wifi at least to be able to tap into your cell phone's hot spot functions, otherwise I wouldn't bother.