Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
here is the V-Series review/install vid and pics as promised from [MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] and myself! Both vids are in 4k, so if you got the bandwidth make sure you change youtube to 4k! Sorry everything is so ugly, we did this Christmas eve morning and it never stops raining anymore in SC and [MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] wanted it on before Christmas and cars and coffee today(26th)

The car is [MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] 's car. I will let him take over the thread. I am simply posting it because I have the video, all the pictures, and was just easier for me to create the thread. Feel free to ask him all your questions but I'll be here to answer as well. Also [MENTION=11564]15COPP[/MENTION] was our 3rd pair of hands.

--------------------------

Now on to the review/install! Everything you need to know is in the video.

[ame]

To sum it up! We all LOVE it. PICS LIE. The spoiler is NOT as big as it looks in person! PICS MAKE IT LOOK HUGE. It's big but is NOT ridiculous at all. :love: :love: :love:

Pros:
Fitment
Finish
Quality of the part is A+
Even a cave man could do it.
Simplest template design ever, especially compared to roush(which still wasn't hard just much more involved template)

Cons:
The holes are tight but it's not a big deal at all, just don't be a girly man and don't cross thread. It wouldn't hurt to make the holes BARELY bigger.

Get your's at
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-v-series-prepainted-rear-spoiler-1516.html & [MENTION=10447]AMAlexLazarus[/MENTION]

and bonus video and thanks to [MENTION=11564]15COPP[/MENTION] for bringing his car out with the MMD by Foose spoiler. Roush is mine.

MMD V-Series vs. MMD by Foose vs. Roush

[ame]

------------------------------------------------------

Pics of the MMD V-Series

--------------------------------

V-series vs foose vs roush pics

s4HhtGth.jpg

kCNNe3hh.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

birdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT 6M
I love it. I was thinking Roush but I think I like this one better. I'm thinking black would go best on my CO GT.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Great pics! The rear decklid really is a blank canvas. I like seeing what people come up with.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I have the Roush and am really happy with it

Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
You will not be disappointed with this spoiler. I was iffy at first with the size, but looks fantastic at so many different angles and fits great. The cockpit views are so much nicer now it's hard to keep your eye on the road ahead.

It's especially a no brainer if you have the oem spoiler so you don't even have to drill holes.

Very special thanks to [MENTION=12175]Khyber[/MENTION] for the help (and drilling perfect holes in my car). To [MENTION=11564]15COPP[/MENTION] for the extra hand on alignment and the tissues. And especially [MENTION=10447]AMAlexLazarus[/MENTION] for an amazing product and being so helpful. American Muscle has a great thing going with this MMD line!

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
Looks great Josh and good job on the video and review Landon.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
thanks!

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Wow that looks amazing. So, since I have the oem spoiler, it's a direct fit? I don't even have to drill any holes? My biggest concern with after market spoiler is I may get leaks after filling the oem holes or properly covering the oem factory holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Wow that looks amazing. So, since I have the oem spoiler, it's a direct fit? I don't even have to drill any holes? My biggest concern with after market spoiler is I may get leaks after filling the oem holes or properly covering the oem factory holes.
Thanks Sam! Yeah with the oem you already have the holes this spoiler needs so you skip pretty much 90% of the install instructions. With the holes being reused and the adhesive on the MMD V the chance of a leak is very very slim. I don't want to say impossible, but maybe if a tornado pealed the spoiler back you could have a leak :lmao:

Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Hey Landon, great video on the install and also the review of the 3 spoilers side by side.

I'm wondering though, if you didn't miss a step on the install. I haven't seen the V series spoiler install instructions, but you should have had 3M tape on the bottom of the spoiler (at least the Foose spoiler did and it's a smaller spoiler) that you peel the backing off before bolting it down. From the video, it looks like the tape is there. When you trimmed the little pads that go around the 4 screw holes, your trimming it to fit inside the 3M tape. You don't really notice the 3M tape because there's black spray paint covering the red backing tape. If you peeled off the yellow tape that's around the 2 outside holes, you'd see the spoiler base color is kind of silver gray, and mine covered part of the 3M tape as well (I removed the yellow tape before installing mine). Just a thought to maybe check this out. I was wondering why the 3M tape was there, cause it seemed like the 4 screws alone would hold the spoiler in place since the spoiler was so light. The only thing I could think of was maybe it's to stop water from getting under the spoiler.

If Alex views this thread, maybe he can chime in if the V-series spoiler doesn't have the 3M tape.
Spoiler looks great "merica"

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
[MENTION=19354]Martman GT[/MENTION] yeah there is adhesive tape on the bottom that follows the border of the bottom of the spoiler. Like you said, it's most likely to keep any water from getting under the spoiler.

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Thanks Sam! Yeah with the oem you already have the holes this spoiler needs so you skip pretty much 90% of the install instructions. With the holes being reused and the adhesive on the MMD V the chance of a leak is very very slim. I don't want to say impossible, but maybe if a tornado pealed the spoiler back you could have a leak :lmao:

Thanks for the info and detailed pics and vids. You guys are awesome.

Those wheels flow perfectly with the rest of the car and IMO your car looks so much better with the current set of wheels. One of my fave S550 on this forum. I will be nagging you with questions once fall comes around because I plan on getting this spoiler before summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored