MAS Delivery #0635

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I received my GT350 (Tech) on 10 Dec, through Military Autosource. I think I might be the first person to receive their car through the program. Unlike the majority of the forum, I’m no Mustang fan boy. In fact, I found past Mustangs repulsive and always gave my Mustang friends grief. Well, here I am now, a GT350 owner.

Most of my Pros/Cons are in line with other members. I own a 2014 BMW 335i MSport and went through my share of cars in the past, with the last one being a 97 Supra with a 74 trim turbo. This car is the replacement for my Supra. I love the exhaust sound of the car. I’m impressed with the seats, very comfortable and love the air cooling (I live in Florida). Better than the seats in my wife’s BMW (can’t help but compare the two since that’s what we own, the price point is about the same). The Sync system is impressive and much easier to navigate than the BMW’s. The interior is surprisingly nice. I thought cheap Ford plastics.Honestly, it’s well done and nicely put together. It has a nice feel and touch. Yes, there are some cheap feels and the quality doesn’t exactly match the look and feel of the BMW (subjective) but overall, I think Ford has stepped up their game. I love the color, which is AG w/ black stripes. Handling is solid. I’m surprised how large the car is. It’s a hair longer than the BMW (which is a four door), and much larger than the Supra. You can feel the weight but the car manages it well, I feel very confident behind the wheel. Speaking of which, great steering wheel, but I prefer the feel of the BMW’s.

As for my gripes, there’s not much. I love the tech package but the sound is almost subpar. The car needs a woofer.I know it’s probably a weight thing, but honestly, those that chose the tech pack chose to sacrifice a little weight for better equipment.No parking sensors in front (I knew this but it’s still a valid complaint). The front is low and will hit most parking blocks/curbs. Gas mileage is terrible. I average 13.I’m still breaking the car in. I’m not really pushing things and I’m cruising on the highway about half the time. Yes, I know it’s a sports car, but come on, my friends off road jeep gets better mpg.

I bought this car when my Hellcat deal fell through, but I’m happy and have no regrets. It’s a garage car that will be driven. It’s not a straight line powerhouse, but it has potential. I drive and modify my cars. I don’t think this car is some sacred object that will somehow increase value (although my Supra did). I will modify the car when the time comes with bolt-ons when the time comes. For now, there’s a lot to enjoy and it’s great seeing the smiles on some people’s faces when I drive by them.

-Jason
Sponsored

deathmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I received my GT350 (Tech) on 10 Dec, through Military Autosource. I think I might be the first person to receive their car through the program. Unlike the majority of the forum, I’m no Mustang fan boy. In fact, I found past Mustangs repulsive and always gave my Mustang friends grief. Well, here I am now, a GT350 owner.

Most of my Pros/Cons are in line with other members. I own a 2014 BMW 335i MSport and went through my share of cars in the past, with the last one being a 97 Supra with a 74 trim turbo. This car is the replacement for my Supra. I love the exhaust sound of the car. I’m impressed with the seats, very comfortable and love the air cooling (I live in Florida). Better than the seats in my wife’s BMW (can’t help but compare the two since that’s what we own, the price point is about the same). The Sync system is impressive and much easier to navigate than the BMW’s. The interior is surprisingly nice. I thought cheap Ford plastics.Honestly, it’s well done and nicely put together. It has a nice feel and touch. Yes, there are some cheap feels and the quality doesn’t exactly match the look and feel of the BMW (subjective) but overall, I think Ford has stepped up their game. I love the color, which is AG w/ black stripes. Handling is solid. I’m surprised how large the car is. It’s a hair longer than the BMW (which is a four door), and much larger than the Supra. You can feel the weight but the car manages it well, I feel very confident behind the wheel. Speaking of which, great steering wheel, but I prefer the feel of the BMW’s.

As for my gripes, there’s not much. I love the tech package but the sound is almost subpar. The car needs a woofer.I know it’s probably a weight thing, but honestly, those that chose the tech pack chose to sacrifice a little weight for better equipment.No parking sensors in front (I knew this but it’s still a valid complaint). The front is low and will hit most parking blocks/curbs. Gas mileage is terrible. I average 13.I’m still breaking the car in. I’m not really pushing things and I’m cruising on the highway about half the time. Yes, I know it’s a sports car, but come on, my friends off road jeep gets better mpg.

I bought this car when my Hellcat deal fell through, but I’m happy and have no regrets. It’s a garage car that will be driven. It’s not a straight line powerhouse, but it has potential. I drive and modify my cars. I don’t think this car is some sacred object that will somehow increase value (although my Supra did). I will modify the car when the time comes with bolt-ons when the time comes. For now, there’s a lot to enjoy and it’s great seeing the smiles on some people’s faces when I drive by them.

-Jason
Congrats! I am glad that someone got their 350 relatively early through MAS! I was in the first round of raffle winners and I locked my order in 20 minutes after my rep let me know. I asked for the earliest build possible, but they gave me March...though I just got my VIN a week or two ago. How long was it between you getting your VIN and actual production/delivery? And was there anything special you needed to do upon delivery because it was through MAS instead of the dealer?

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
Yes I to am curious about how the delivery went? Enjoy, I have still heard absolutely nothing about my car.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
As nice as the GT350 is, I think I would still prefer the Hellcat. There was a Hellcat in the Walmart parking lot the other day and it just looked badass. Of course 707 hp is nothing to sneeze at.

I've yet to see a GT350 in real life so maybe I will think different once I see the real thing.

Enjoy your new car.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats on the car. You must be pushing the loud pedal quite often because so far mileage for me has been 19-23 mixed around town and highway. I guess I'm being a wuss as I break in the engine. 620 miles on the odo. EDIT: around town only mileage is closer to 11-13 mpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MastrHU

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Thanks for the congrats. I try to keep off the pedal as much as I can. The car hasn't seen above 5k rpm yet. That's going to change soon. I got the window sticker about a week after I received the VIN (September). That will give you an estimated build date. MAS isn't exactly up to par with updates, so I checked with Ford performance about once every two weeks. Don't go by the buyers order for delivery (mine said February at one time). My build date was originally October and was moved to the first week of November. From that point, it took 5-6 weeks to receive the car. Funny thing is I actually got a call from MAS yesterday telling me that I could go pick up the car, even though I already had it for a week. When I picked up, I had to pay tax and registration (check or debit only) and proof of insurance. Make sure the dealer received the purchase paperwork from MAS prior to your pickup. Good luck and hang in there, it is worth the wait.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
These objective assessments are few and far between. Setting aside the fanboy excitement is tough, so an assessment coming from a non-fanboy is welcomed...thanks.

deathmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thanks for the congrats. I try to keep off the pedal as much as I can. The car hasn't seen above 5k rpm yet. That's going to change soon. I got the window sticker about a week after I received the VIN (September). That will give you an estimated build date. MAS isn't exactly up to par with updates, so I checked with Ford performance about once every two weeks. Don't go by the buyers order for delivery (mine said February at one time). My build date was originally October and was moved to the first week of November. From that point, it took 5-6 weeks to receive the car. Funny thing is I actually got a call from MAS yesterday telling me that I could go pick up the car, even though I already had it for a week. When I picked up, I had to pay tax and registration (check or debit only) and proof of insurance. Make sure the dealer received the purchase paperwork from MAS prior to your pickup. Good luck and hang in there, it is worth the wait.
Thanks for the info, I got my VIN about a week ago, so then from what you said I should see my window sticker this week or next. Speaking of tax, I know I will have to pay the state tax and such, but did they ding you for the gas guzzler tax, or is that excluded since it's a federal tax and we bought it overseas from MAS?

I'm looking forward to driving it a lot, it was one of the things that got me through my deployment, so hopefully it's a mild winter like they're predicting!

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for the info, I got my VIN about a week ago, so then from what you said I should see my window sticker this week or next. Speaking of tax, I know I will have to pay the state tax and such, but did they ding you for the gas guzzler tax, or is that excluded since it's a federal tax and we bought it overseas from MAS?

I'm looking forward to driving it a lot, it was one of the things that got me through my deployment, so hopefully it's a mild winter like they're predicting!
Unfortunately if you take Stateside delivery you have to pay the gas guzzler tax also, Keep in mind that the gas guzzler tax is added into the price of the car so you will be paying sales tax on the gas guzzler tax as well. The only way to beat it is to take delivery overseas, You still have to pay the sales tax on it when you ship it to the states but you will be paying the sales tax on a used car and the Gas guzzler tax only applies to New cars

Sponsored

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mine is being shipped overseas So I don't pay the sales tax or the Gas Guzzler tax

OP
OP
MastrHU

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
So you did pay gas guzzler tax?
The gas guzzler tax is included in the MAS purchase order total. So, it was rolled into my loan. I didn't think it was an option to pay for it as a separate cost.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be taking delivery in Germany. And will have 1 to 2 more years before I return to the states. Hopefully I will save a nice chunk of sales tax in addition to the GG tax.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

OP
OP
MastrHU

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I'll be taking delivery in Germany. And will have 1 to 2 more years before I return to the states. Hopefully I will save a nice chunk of sales tax in addition to the GG tax.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

It would of been nice to have the car when I was in Germany. Depending on where you PCS to stateside, you may be exempt from sales tax. We moved back to Florida in July and did not have to pay sales tax on the 2014 BMW, just the title/registration fees. The car had to be at least one year old with x amount of miles.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a Texas resident, so first time registering in Texas I have to prove I paid sales taxes.

Sponsored