Sponsored

Anyone Having Issues From the Factory?

sfcoates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
I have seen on here that a few people have been receiving there cars with mostly cosmetic damages. Has anyone had any mechanical issues?

Let me tell you about my experience on delivery (ordered the car on 8/18/2015, built on 10/27/15, delivered on 12/3/15 and picked up on 12/4/15 Chassis# G544). Arrived at the dealer at 2 pm on 12/4 and noticed that the right rear fender and quarter panel did not line up. The GM went into a panic and thought it would take a day to fix, then his body guy looked at it and said give him 20 min and he will have it fixed. Sure enough he had it realigned in no time. At that point I was so excited to sit in the car that I drove off and left the car cover in the dealership. Well about 20 miles down the road I started to hear a squeak in the front end, didn't really think it was much of an issue but none the less I called the dealer when I got home and said it needs looked at. Took it back to the dealer and had the service guys tear into it to try and find it. Before they even opened the hood they called me from the waiting area to see something. Went to the back and seen that there was a crescent shaped scratch going from the right strip to the left stripe (we will come back to this issue later). Then they begun working on it thinking that the sway bar link was loose. Nothing was loose. They then keeping looking from the top of the car down trying to find the issue. After one of the techs "bumped" the engine oil coolant line, it made the same squeaking noise. Turns out the line had never been bolted down and was rubbing on the frame. Seems like they would of caught that in the factory. Luckily they were able to bolt the line down and no squeak has been present since then.

Now back to the stripes. After looking at the stripes in one of there paint booths we all seen (myself, the GM and the detail guys) that there was a scratch on the lower section of the hood stripe. They had a ford rep look a the stripe and decided to replace the lower hood section and the nose stripe. I can post some pictures of it once I get home tonight.

Has anyone else had any mechanical issues with there GT350?

I was very disappointed in the original build quality but I am still loving the car.
Sponsored

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
where is the Ford Quality Control especially for a $60-70K specialty car, i'm sure the corvette and porsche ensure their cars are shipped with no major flaws

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
where is the Ford Quality Control especially for a $60-70K specialty car, i'm sure the corvette and porsche ensure their cars are shipped with no major flaws
Porsche yes. Corvettes I'm not so sure

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
My C6 Corvette arrived from the factory without a defect in the paint or any shipping damage and was 100 percent reliable for the 7 years I owned it - not a single warranty claim or recall. The overall build quality was excellent.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So the coolant line was loose and that's a mechanical issue?

Hmmm....

OP
OP
sfcoates

sfcoates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
So the coolant line was loose and that's a mechanical issue?

Hmmm....
It required them pulling off parts, which was interesting to watch. Couldn't really think of anything else to call it. :shrug:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Mechanical IMHO implies a powertrain issue... An unaffixed coolant line seems QA to me.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Build quality issue that was not caught in QA/Final test

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
You are "sure?":confused:

Sponsored

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert