Sponsored

Drivers side window catching on seal (Video)

drevildevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Ruby Red Metallic
2016 Ecoboost when opening the drivers side door catches on the upper seal badly, to the point if you open the door like you normally would it bounces the glass off the lip of the seal pretty hard.. It appears that the window motor may not be coming down fast enough? Possibly the seal itself could be playing a part as well in the issue..? Very frustrating.. has anyone experienced this and had it resolved?

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Can you tell any difference in how fast the window notched down between the driver and passenger door? Try opening the door without swinging it out fast to get a feel for how fast the window comes down, and compare to the other window.

Doubt it's the weather stripping unless you can see a difference between the two door showing something is misaligned.

OP
OP

drevildevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there does appear to be a delay compared to the other door.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Best thing to do then is show issue to the dealer and show how there's a difference in the two windows.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Does seem like a bit slow. Maybe the sensor on the handle needs to be adjusted.
Probably pull the handles slower.

Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Mine does that in the passenger. Annoys the piss outta me. Its been a couple of times. But can't fix it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
My '13GT drivers side door did that exact same thing. Annoyed me! I would just pop the handle and open the door slower to give it time to clear the seal. I even tried the window recalibration method to no avail.

OP
OP

drevildevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have an appointment with the dealer to take a look next week, will report details on a fix if any.. I hope there is.., Dont think the window assembly can take that much force for long without damaging the seal or other components eventually..

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Just saw this post, I have the same problem so I brought my car in today to get it looked at. When I get it tomorrow, I will let everyone know what they found.

Hinds90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
My driver door is the same. Feels like the door drops slightly when I open it.

Sponsored

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Dealer didn't fix mine, they reset the module apparently and the engineer said it opened fine after that. They brought my car around and the service rep noticed it was still catching, and he said he put in an inquiry in...I didn't get anywhere with it.

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
Chris I feel the pain , that's why i don't want to deal with the "it's normal and fixed" B.S. There will be a service letter within a year for a new reprogrammed or replacement module after somebody from ford royalty has their window break on them. by the way how do you like your MBRP street exhaust set up?

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Chris I feel the pain , that's why i don't want to deal with the "it's normal and fixed" B.S. There will be a service letter within a year for a new reprogrammed or replacement module after somebody from ford royalty has their window break on them. by the way how do you like your MBRP street exhaust set up?
I'm hoping it's going to be within the year, they don't want me coming back saying I have a defective car :p.

I really like the MBRP streets. I was looking for something louder than stock, but not stupid loud to annoy people (also have clients, so needed something subtle). On a cold start, it roars, but after 15 seconds or more, it gets quieter and quieter. When it's warm at idle, it's a perfect note for me (not loud, but enough sound that you can hear there is a v8 under the hood. When on the throttle, it gets pretty freaking loud to me. I am still under 1000 miles total, so I'm only getting to 3500 and occasionally 4-4.5k RPM's, so I haven't pushed it hard just yet. Just hard accelerations for a brief moment, and like I said, it's got a pitch to it! Some people don't like the sound when on the throttle, but I think it's definitely a great sound, and a catback for only ~$500. Just FYI, the driver side tip may hang lower than the passenger, but my father and I came up with a clever way to bend one of the small metal hangers for a better fit.

Overall, for the price and sound, I would give it an 8/10. If you are looking for that natural v8 roar, this may not be the system to go with. If there is someone in your area that has the MBRP's, definitely check it out.

OP
OP

drevildevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have an appointment with the dealer to take a look next week, will report details on a fix if any.. I hope there is.., Dont think the window assembly can take that much force for long without damaging the seal or other components eventually..
STILL
waiting on a fix... hope the window mech, seal or glass does not fail in the meantime. Lame
Sponsored