Sponsored

Boss Manifold Tuning *Dyno Inside*

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Hey Guys,

I have finally acquired my Boss intake manifold for my 2015 Mustang GT 6MT PP. I only have the Steeda CAI, x pipe resonator delete, and magnaflow mufflers. I have self tuned my car up until this point, which includes full VCT tuning. I have been excited about being able to tune the Boss intake manifold on my car.

First impression, install was a breeze. Only took me about an hour to do the swap. Changing a few things in the initial tune to start the vehicle and drive it with no check engine lights have been successful. Not noticeable amount of low end power can be stated as of yet. Car feels very responsive and quite happy to accept the change. I will be doing a full tune on the boss manifold as well to see what kind of power can be made with full in depth tuning.

I will update the thread as frequently as possible with updates on tuning and drive ability. The idea of the this thread is to show what the boss can do in comparison to the stock manifold. I will also be introducing the setup to self made cat deletes at the beginning of the year and then eventually moving to long tube headers.

Stay tuned for more information and a couple of pictures to show the Boss exists on my car lol.

Kris
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Taken on my phone, and the camera isn't that great, but you get the idea.

Kris
20151129_141358.jpg
20151129_134049.jpg

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Good stuff Kris! Interested to see how much you adjust VCT and how it affects making the Boss shine. Can't wait to get mine!

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
What did you do to get it to fit under the stock hood? Lower motor mounts?

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
What did you do to get it to fit under the stock hood? Lower motor mounts?
I cut the hood and I have removed the "Boss 302" cover pictured. I am going to shave all the raised surfaces off the cover so its just nice and smooth. With the little cover on, it digs into the hood material, I'd like to keep that. The Boss speaks for itself, don't need the logo on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
How are you planning to compare them? Dyno or track numbers? Do you have a solid baseline with the stocker?
Dyno and tuning differences. I have solid baseline information to compare results.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can this increase your rev range, making the engine rev higher?

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Can this increase your rev range, making the engine rev higher?

The tune determines the rev range, but this intake allows the engine to continue making power beyond 7,000rpm unlike the stock manifold which begins to fall off at about 6,500-6,700rpm.

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
The tune determines the rev range, but this intake allows the engine to continue making power beyond 7,000rpm unlike the stock manifold which begins to fall off at about 6,500-6,700rpm.
Exactly. I am hoping to hold power to 7600-7800rpm. I'm a little concerned the catalytic converters will hold me back a little, but we shall see!

Kris

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hey Guys,

I have finally acquired my Boss intake manifold for my 2015 Mustang GT 6MT PP. I only have the Steeda CAI, x pipe resonator delete, and magnaflow mufflers. I have self tuned my car up until this point, which includes full VCT tuning. I have been excited about being able to tune the Boss intake manifold on my car.

First impression, install was a breeze. Only took me about an hour to do the swap. Changing a few things in the initial tune to start the vehicle and drive it with no check engine lights have been successful. Not noticeable amount of low end power can be stated as of yet. Car feels very responsive and quite happy to accept the change. I will be doing a full tune on the boss manifold as well to see what kind of power can be made with full in depth tuning.

I will update the thread as frequently as possible with updates on tuning and drive ability. The idea of the this thread is to show what the boss can do in comparison to the stock manifold. I will also be introducing the setup to self made cat deletes at the beginning of the year and then eventually moving to long tube headers.

Stay tuned for more information and a couple of pictures to show the Boss exists on my car lol.

Kris

Self made cat deletes, do tell us more. :)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Can't wait to see your results!!