Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
For those who've taken delivery of a GT350 with stripes, did you notice any hairline scratches in the vinyl stripe material?

My stripes have this issue mostly on the hood. I suspect that something happened in the dealership wash department, perhaps they clayed the stripes.

In any case I'm going to demand that it get resolved (it's on the due bill) but wanted to see if maybe they're arriving from the factory that way.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No scratching but I must admit the stripes are the weakest part of the car, in terms of quality.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Thinking about removing stripes from my order and just adding them later professionally.

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
If I don't like the sounds of the repairs to mine I may have them do just that and refund my stripe money. :)

Then perhaps get the roof wrapped in black.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Do you have any pictures of the scratches?

Sponsored

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
I opted out of the black painted roof because It can be wrapped easily, and you can remove if you get tired of it. I'm thinking about removing my stripes as well if they are having quality issues. I have a AG with black OTS

Schilling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I was at my dealership two weeks ago checking out the first GT350 they received. I'm number 2! Mine should be here in the next week or two. The one at dealership had black stripes and the first thing I noticed was scratches on the stripes. I'm thinking it happens when they detail the car. It was very discouraging but I couldn't cancel the striping because my car was being built. I did a lot of research on properly cleaning the stripes and how to fix the scratches. Pretty much SOL if they're scratched.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I was debating whether or not to allow dealership to wash - I think this firms up that I will be taking delivery of a dusty car.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Clay barring the stripes won't do any good because they are vinyl I'm surprised they even tried. I'd be pretty po'ed

Schilling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just talked to Invisibra. They office next to me. He said that it's pretty common to get the scratches on the vinyl and there's nothing that can be done once it happens. He's going to install the invisibra right over the bumper and hood stripes for me. Hopefully that will eliminate my concerns on the hood and front bumper scratches. As far as the top and rear,, I'll have to deal with it.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
I don't think you can fix it. But wonder if dealer can either refund the OTT option and remove the stripes or redo it.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I would think for what you guys are paying for GT350's the dealership would fix whatever the hell you want fixed on minor stuff like that. You've got to be in the top 1% of their customers for sales dollars on a single car.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
I would think for what you guys are paying for GT350's the dealership would fix whatever the hell you want fixed on minor stuff like that. You've got to be in the top 1% of their customers for sales dollars on a single car.
Dont disagree. But Ford should fix quality issues like that even on a $20k Fiesta! BTW nothing wrong with Fiesta...
Sponsored