Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I can't think of anywhere else more relevant to post this, so here it goes.

Boomba Racing announced a short-throw shifter in late August, right after I purchased my 2015 Mustang. I was excited about this: It seemed to come in at a price point with which I was comfortable (even though I'd just purchased my car), and it looked to be of good quality. I quickly signed up for the pre-order. When the pre-order went live, I was among the very first to pay for the product.

I paid $348: $148 for the shifter, $200 refundable deposit for the removal tool.

The package was shipped out on September 12 and was to be delivered September 14. I wasn't home, so I requested redelivery with specific instructions on where the package was to be left (left on my porch, off the street).

On September 15, I had no package. Nothing. USPS said it was delivered, but it was nowhere to be found. Long story short, the carrier misdelivered the package and says that she put it in the mailbox (against my instructions). For the next six weeks I fought USPS, and finally recieved an admission of error from them in which they acknowlege that the package was not handled per my instructions, and the carrier wasn't authorized to sign for it. In the process, I discovered that the carrier had forged my signature and left an incomplete address on the delivery confirmation form. Amusingly, the USPS still marked this as having been "delivered." To this end I filed a formal complaint with the Office of the Inspector General. The supervisor in charge of this is now no longer working for the Post Office.

It's now eight weeks after I paid Boomba Racing for the product. I just learned the other day that, guess what, Boomba NEVER INSURED THE PACKAGE. The USPS paid Boomba Racing $66, which covered the amount they paid for shipping and the default $50 insurance. Boomba Racing never gave me the option to purchase insurance, nor did they indicate they weren't going to insure their package. They've edited their webpage since this happened, but here's a snapshot of their shipping policy at the time of the error:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150919031834/http://www.boombaracing.com/shipping-returns/

Note that there's no disclaimer about insurance not being available. Their excuse was, "We didn't think it would need insurance!"

Now, one of the guys from Boomba Racing called me after the appeal was successful.
"We want to do right by you!" He said.
He offered to send me a replacement shifter (to my work address), provided that I paid an additional $100 tool deposit, which would be refundable.
Great, except I'm apparently still on the hook for the $200 deposit (for a $20 tool) for the first tool that I never received.

After shipping, I'd be looking at $464 for a $148 part (presumably with $100 of that being refunded, leaving me on the hook for $364 for a part for which I budgeted $148).

That seems unsatisfactory, and I asked for a refund of the original tool deposit since I never received it. I also offered to purchase more products from them (e.g. shifter knob) at full price, to help offset the loss of the tool.

Instead, Boomba Racing sent me nothing and "refunded" me $66 -- the amount USPS gave them, since Boomba "didn't think [they'd] need" insurance.

I've requested again that Boomba send me the part I paid at the price I paid for it. Through all this I've done my very best to be polite and diplomatic. I've been clear that I'd review their service: If they ate the cost of the tool and sent me another, that's good, awesome customer service; I never received the package, but they never insured it or offered that option. If they declined, well, it's been eight weeks since I gave them my money in good faith and their bad faith handling of the case would be clear. An angry customer is much worse than a happy customer: An angry customer will tell more people about their experiences, and I am nothing if not dogged and vocal.

Here are snippets from the e-mail that Kris Krygier, President of Boomba Racing, sent to me this morning:

"YOU created all of the mess and now you want whole world to clean up for you. It is time to grow up and face the facts, there is nobody else to blame but YOU. We send thousands of shipments through USPS, many times they have proven that they are reliable carrier. Packages always reach their destination, because nobody is trying to outsmart the system like YOU."

"On the other hand we are contacting our legal team and law enforcement in regards to you blackmail and extortion attempts. We will have our legal team monitoring all forums for your false and negative statements. We will be forced to recover all involved cost and damages from you."
That's the level of service I received from Boomba Racing.

I'm out $282 and this is what I get.

It's not my fault the USPS f*cked up delivery. It's certainly not my fault Boomba Racing "didn't think" the package didn't need insurance. It's not my fault I wasn't even given the option to purchase insurance on the package, and yet apparently "I want the world to clean up after me."

This has been my experience with Boomba Racing. I just gave them $282 to be insulted. That's an expensive lesson, and it's one I hope nobody else here has to learn.

So that's what I have to say about this. It's an expensive lesson learned, and one I hope nobody else has to experience.

ETA:

Boomba's response is on page 12.

In this thread I've also posted evidence of the forgery, evidence of USPS misconduct (by their own admission), etc.

Ultimately USPS wrote a letter considering this a missing package.
Since Boomba Racing didn't purchase insurance against loss or damage, they were refunded their shipping amount and the standard insurance included with all packages. Boomba's stance is they "didn't think [they'd] need insurance," and that signature confirmation is insurance. It isn't.
They sent the $66 to me, and pocketed the $282 difference.
Sponsored

Last edited:

glossygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Wow, this is disappointing. Sorry this happened to you. I was about to buy from them yesterday, but found out they had increased their prices.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Wow, that's not a great situation. Why don't you put a hold on your credit card or file an incident with your bank about never receiving goods? They'll be on your side FAR MORE than Boomba seems to be.

Pretty irresponsible of a company to assume you're a thief and to not insure their products in shipping.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Bad publicity will always stick in peoples minds more than good publicity. Good on you for standing your ground. You can try a small claims court if you really want to pursue your claim further, but that's going to be on your time and dime.

Good luck! I'd also file a complaint with the credit card company or paypal, whichever you used.

Sponsored

glossygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
A company should side on the customer 99% of the time. Especially in a case like this. All companies should have reserves for this sort of thing. Its the cost of doing business and it shouldn't be transferred to the customer.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I think you are spending energy on Boomba that should be spent on USPS. Just my thoughts after reading the OP twice.

Disclaimer: I do not, and have never ran a Boomba part on my cars. Just so you know I'm no fanboy.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So it was not in the mailbox I take?

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
brandonsmash, Wow what a load of crap! From your post, it sounds like Mr. Krygier has let his emotions overrule good business sense. Good luck and Thank you for the heads up!

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Sounds terrible.

I am very curious as to all facts and circumstances. Based on the out of context email you posted from the President, it sounds like there is a bit more to the story. Why would they say you tried to "outsmart the system".

Sponsored

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I think you are spending energy on Boomba that should be spent on USPS. Just my thoughts after reading the OP twice.

Disclaimer: I do not, and have never ran a Boomba part on my cars. Just so you know I'm no fanboy.
I agree with this. You have admission of fault from USPS... they should be footing the bill, not Boomba. They committed fraud and forged your signature. There are services online for around $40 that will send an official demand letter for you that looks really legit and that will most likely have your case settled very quickly, especially since you stated you have proof and admission of fault.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wow, I was considering getting a Boomba shifter. Not anymore. That nastygram from their president was so unprofessional. It's Boomba that needs to be going after the USPS for forging your signature.

I would be filing with my credit card company for goods not received. They almost always will side with the consumer.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. With no signed delivery confirmation you will win, get your money back, and they will be hit with a chargeback fee on top of losing the money.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The saddest part is threatening you if you made your experience public...

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Here are snippets from the e-mail that Kris Krygier, President of Boomba Racing, sent to me this morning:
"YOU created all of the mess and now you want whole world to clean up for you. It is time to grow up and face the facts, there is nobody else to blame but YOU. We send thousands of shipments through USPS, many times they have proven that they are reliable carrier. Packages always reach their destination, because nobody is trying to outsmart the system like YOU."

"On the other hand we are contacting our legal team and law enforcement in regards to you blackmail and extortion attempts. We will have our legal team monitoring all forums for your false and negative statements. We will be forced to recover all involved cost and damages from you."
That's... remarkable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.