Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
They emailed me today that it's coming ,info next week.
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'm perfectly happy with Sync 2/MFT especially after they added Siri hands-free in the last update.

I also like the custom wallpaper option - Does Sync 3 offer that?

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Nope, during the day it looks good, at night its boring. Just keeping you all up to date.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Nope, during the day it looks good, at night its boring. Just keeping you all up to date.
Thanks. I'm perfectly happy with MFT and Sync 2 and I like the personalization it offers. Why are others wanting to upgrade to Sync 3 if it's basically the same? Have I missed something feature wise (other than pinch to zoom on the navigation apps, and wi-fi updating).

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
The need to have the latest and brightest is strong in these guys ;)

Sponsored

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I'm perfectly happy with Sync 2/MFT especially after they added Siri hands-free in the last update.

I'm 100% with you on this one Jeffrey. Firstly, I just don't like the look of Sync 3. Visually, the layout of Sync just looks better to me. Secondly, I really like being to customize the display with my own wallpaper. Finally, with Siri hands-free, I can now seamlessly stream Apple Music.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I just had my Sync 2 reflashed yesterday since I was having issues of screens locking up.
Noticed a few differences, but can't point them out yet.
Anyone have a link that shows the differences?

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
It's an update to support Siri eyes free that's about all

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
And it is supposed to make the Bluetooth connections more reliable

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
From what limited info I have seen so far for a swap the SYNC 3 needs an external GPS Antenna with a Blue Fakra connector. I am not sure if a flash or something of that nature is needed to change the Sync3 to your VIN number for updates. If just picking up a Sync3 from a junkyard putting it in with the needed additional pieces is all, that would for sure be a cheaper alternative.
This is from a Fusion FYI, just to show the jist of the swap.
https://2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881

oemautopartsco has this swap available for 2k that anybody looking to do the swap has by now already seen.
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/products/myford-touch-sync-2-to-sync-3-upgrade

I-5 Autohaus has also just released a REPLACEMENT for 1k that I'm really considering. It's not Sync3 but, it instead is a 10.5 display that goes from vents to toggles, basically a tablet! From the photos it incorporates the radio, AC/HEAT, seat controls also. The two buttons on it could have been designed and maybe placed someplace else and it looks like the CD player is gone but, other than that I would almost call this an upgrade from Sync3.
http://www.i-5autohaus.com/product-page/0be18493-95f3-5842-a3da-b87303652899

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
From what limited info I have seen so far for a swap the SYNC 3 needs an external GPS Antenna with a Blue Fakra connector. I am not sure if a flash or something of that nature is needed to change the Sync3 to your VIN number for updates. If just picking up a Sync3 from a junkyard putting it in with the needed additional pieces is all, that would for sure be a cheaper alternative.
This is from a Fusion FYI, just to show the jist of the swap.
https://2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881

oemautopartsco has this swap available for 2k that anybody looking to do the swap has by now already seen.
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/products/myford-touch-sync-2-to-sync-3-upgrade

I-5 Autohaus has also just released a REPLACEMENT for 1k that I'm really considering. It's not Sync3 but, it instead is a 10.5 display that goes from vents to toggles, basically a tablet! From the photos it incorporates the radio, AC/HEAT, seat controls also. The two buttons on it could have been designed and maybe placed someplace else and it looks like the CD player is gone but, other than that I would almost call this an upgrade from Sync3.
http://www.i-5autohaus.com/product-page/0be18493-95f3-5842-a3da-b87303652899
Don't quote me on this but I think you have to have your VIN programmed in it to even work. At least that's how it was presented to me. I got my Sync 3 unit programmed with my 2015 VIN and couldn't be happier about the upgrade.

OEMRadio (a user and sponsor on here) is the route to go for anyone looking for Sync 3 upgrades. He beats oemautopartsco on price (2199 for A unit with Android Auto is outlandish) and has a presence on these forums. Everyone who has gone through him on here has said he is top notch and offers great support.

I wouldn't touch that Autohaus product with a ten foot pole. They don't even bother to show you what the interface looks like. It could be a decent product but the sales pitch stinks.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the Autohaus conversion from the "Anything S550 2015+ Mustang" group on FB that a guy did to his own ride. When I looked at the site itself it didnt even have a description it only had a picture on. The site now has a description of the product a couple days later. New product to hit the market is how I see it. When more info becomes available is when I'll make a choice. I am also waiting on a reply from the guy that I saw that had it for more details. I tried to attach a pic of the interface but the photo just wont attach here.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't quote me on this but I think you have to have your VIN programmed in it to even work. At least that's how it was presented to me. I got my Sync 3 unit programmed with my 2015 VIN and couldn't be happier about the upgrade.

OEMRadio (a user and sponsor on here) is the route to go for anyone looking for Sync 3 upgrades. He beats oemautopartsco on price (2199 for A unit with Android Auto is outlandish) and has a presence on these forums. Everyone who has gone through him on here has said he is top notch and offers great support.

I wouldn't touch that Autohaus product with a ten foot pole. They don't even bother to show you what the interface looks like. It could be a decent product but the sales pitch stinks.
So you have the Scyn2 to Sync3 swap done in your ride then? Can you shed the light as to how we go about this mkenny28?

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So you have the Scyn2 to Sync3 swap done in your ride then? Can you shed the light as to how we go about this mkenny28?
Contact [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] for everything you need. I upgraded Sync 2 MFT to Sync 3 by purchasing a Sync 3 with Nav unit and having it programmed with my VIN. After that it is plug and play really. You just have to remove a few bezels and bolts and do the quick swap. Now to get Apple Car play to work you need the 2.2 upgrade which is available to download on another thread on here as well as a new USB hub (HU5Z-19A387-A) for the center console. With a 2015 Stang you also need to splice a WPT-1239 pigtail connector into the current HUB connector in order to connect the new hub. Everything works perfectly once you are done.

OEMRadio Base mustang to Sync 3 upgrade video (the steps are mostly the same except MFT to Sync 3 just require removal of the MFT APIM, Plugging in the new APIM, and running a GPS Antenna)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]iCmrXcuWETM[/MEDIA]"]

Hub install from a Ford Fusion forum. I used the single port hub HU5Z-19A387-A but you can use either of the part numbers listed over here as well. The only drawback of the 2 port hub is loss of the front USB port

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881&pid=94199#pid94199

Android Auto/Apple Car Play Update Thread

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41251

Parts Used:
Sync 3 with Nav APIM programmed with VIN

Blue Fakra connector GPS Antenna https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U33K82/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Single Port HUB

HU5Z-19A387-A but that seems to no longer be available for purchase. GR3Z-19A387-B is the Lincoln part number but will also work.
http://www.fordparts.store/oe-ford/gr3z19a387b

WPT-1239 for the new hub wiring is tough to find but I managed to find one from a local Ford Dealer. OEMRadio may include all of this stuff with the 2.2 update but I am not sure at all.
Sponsored