Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Hi all,

Straight after our Mustang6g meet in Luxembourg, I brought my car to my detailer to have it paint corrected and coated this week. I had given him advance warning that I would probably be bringing it in 'quite dirty'. Here's a video on what was done, before and afters etc. Enjoy.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]bfcHYc3J-o8[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Looks great.
How much 200 Euros did it cost?

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Looks great.
How much 200 Euros did it cost?
6 of them including VAT. It takes him 3 days of work to get a result like this, so considering that, it's quite reasonable.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Daaamn. I did not see that coming :))

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Very nice. I got a similar treatment - wheels, body, interior, everything cleaned up + nano coating. Got it for 250 EUR tho, my friend has a detailing garage and he did it only for a price of materials (some of them he even gave me for free) + he was pretty happy he could do it since he spent 3 days on it as well.

That nano-coating is ridiculous, I washed the car this weekend and it disperse water like hell. He also ordered me a full washing kit for less then 50 EUR - shampoo, wheels brush, washing glove, drying towel, microfiber towel, detailing spray. It shines brutally, you can see everything reflecting on the body.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hi all,

Straight after our Mustang6g meet in Luxembourg, I brought my car to my detailer to have it paint corrected and coated this week. I had given him advance warning that I would probably be bringing it in 'quite dirty'. Here's a video on what was done, before and afters etc. Enjoy.

Really awesome work! I don't have such a budget to get mine done though but I will try to go present the car to a few people first before settling down on an appointment. I was kinda surprised you had such a deep scratches that had already been tried to be removed, was this done at the factory, dealer or by yourself?

The video also shows how important it is to have a clean room with great lighting and the heating tools etc. I'm not sure if the shop I planned on has this stuff there.

Anyway, congrats man!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Very nice. I got a similar treatment - wheels, body, interior, everything cleaned up + nano coating. Got it for 250 EUR tho, my friend has a detailing garage and he did it only for a price of materials (some of them he even gave me for free) + he was pretty happy he could do it since he spent 3 days on it as well.

That nano-coating is ridiculous, I washed the car this weekend and it disperse water like hell. He also ordered me a full washing kit for less then 50 EUR - shampoo, wheels brush, washing glove, drying towel, microfiber towel, detailing spray. It shines brutally, you can see everything reflecting on the body.
Lucky b*stard. The Modesta stuff is pretty expensive, but it's one of the best coatings out there. I also got a complete set of 2 washing-mitts, drying towel, a bottle of Angelwax shampoo and a small bottle of Modesta M1 shot detailing spray.

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I was kinda surprised you had such a deep scratches that had already been tried to be removed, was this done at the factory, dealer or by yourself?
I didn't do anything to the car other than rinsing it down and/or hand-wash it 2 or 3 times. I have no idea where the scratches came from. The 'previously corrected' stuff is certainly done elsewhere, but no way of telling if it was at the factory, importer or dealer. I am pretty sure none of them would give me a straight answer if asked, so I won't even bother.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Lucky b*stard. The Modesta stuff is pretty expensive, but it's one of the best coatings out there. I also got a complete set of 2 washing-mitts, drying towel, a bottle of Angelwax shampoo and a small bottle of Modesta M1 shot detailing spray.
Yup, just showed this thread to my friend - he doesn't use Modesta but knows it really well. He said it's more expensive but also much more durable and protective. Good choice there!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
HOLY MOLY, I wouldn't even want to drive it after such a makeover. Could just stare at it all day
Heh, I do just that. But it also needs to get out in the open air, because the coating needs exposure to UV to harden more over the next few weeks.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The guy you brought it to was definitely professional, even down to how he takes the wheels off. Lots of work goes into a detailing like this. Looks fantastic!

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Wow....What a super detail job! I wish my black GT has a shine like that!
Best investment!
Enjoy your beautifull car....
Sponsored