Sponsored

weekend project - TRON AMRs lol (reflective red accents)

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
****Inspired by the dude who did the white reflective accents on his PP wheels*****

Mail man just came so Im experimenting this weekend on my AMR wheels with reflective red accents. It may come out pretty cool and be a keeper, it may come out terrible and I remove them. Im hoping it turns out good, as the red wheel accents will match the red / nickel Cyclone badges Ill be getting from Oysmallfry / Nathan.

The strips are 8mm, wont be able to do the full circle on the very outside of the wheel diameter since the AMR spokes come to the very edge and the stripe would not lay flat over it. Im going to put them in the fatter flat areas right below the very outside diameter, leaving the spokes alone to break up the circle a little.

Here is the stuff, TONS of people use this company in the motorcycle world, and swear by the quality

Its got a pretty cool looking pattern to it

Quick flash pic of it from 3ft away (my camera made it look orange on my screwed up iphone)

here it is from 8ft away.....crazy brighter then up close

Going to the store to get rubbing alcohol, a 6pk of corona, and then ill be going to work
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Install is done.........ill post a night pic later

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
i like the look!
Im torn down the middle right now.......the red ring deff changes the entire look of the car versus the blackout appearance. I bet it looks pretty cool when the wheels are spinning at night under lights. Ill have to have the girlfriend drive it (scared) and film from her car

$35 and 45 min of my time on the driveway invested, worst comes to worst and I decide its not for me, another 45 min of my time to remove them and clean off the goo from the adhesive

OP
OP

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
evening pics........UDO (Unidentified driving object)

I had the girlfriend drive it by the house in the daylight, when no light source is on the wheels, its just a regular red ring which looked great driving by. The reflection will be on / off when cruising on the hwy under the lights, etc but not as bright as these pics since this is camera flash

Last edited:

Grandmarshal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cool :cheers:

OP
OP

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
The pics make it look like a neon ring (due to the camera flash) which it really does not look like to the human eye when light hits it. Its one of those things you have to see in person to really get a good idea of what it looks like, but so far im digging it

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
TO THE GAME GRID WITH YOU PROGRAM!

Very cool looking, but then again I am biased. Tron is one of my favorite movies.. both versions :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Some clearer night pics

Without direct light source from camera, headlights, etc, it still just looks like your typical red "speed ring"

With a light source......must be wild going through an intersection with cars headlights on em

OP
OP

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Video with the camera led

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads