Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
2nd time I'm heading to the drag strip, first with my Stang

Waiting for my cousin since he's gonna record with his camera, but I'm anxious and excited.

Totally stock (not counting the breather valve cap), Auto, PP and convertible, gonna switch between Track and no traction period, posting the results once I get a chance

Any tips and/or advice would be appreciated. Not expecting to break 14's, just wanna see what I can run stock
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Use the foot brake to build boost off the line. Just do it slowly so you don't do a burnout or push through the line. Remember, reaction time doesn't mean anything so if you aren't in boost when it goes green don't be afraid to give it a second or two for the boost to come up. Oh yeah, and have fun.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
Just got back from Raceway Park, managed to do 3 runs, definitely got a story to tell...

In my hand is my first run, here it is zoomed in for a better look:

I was against a Camaro SS, not bad for stock. Brake boosted, had it on track mode and definitely my best run of the night

This one, I made the mistake of turning off advance track and then revving up to 3k-ish, nearly wiped out but recovered, definitely shook me up that leads us too...

Kept it in sport, kinda got the car moving but was hesitant after the near wipeout, so I didn't run as fast

That all said, glad I got an established baseline for stock, can't wait to see what I can run tuned :D

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well...........Not incredibly bad for a first time.:D Get the sixty down and you'll be sitting fat.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
Well...........Not incredibly bad for a first time.:D Get the sixty down and you'll be sitting fat.
Will do

Will revving to 2500-2800 with Track mode active be too much or was that just going advanceless?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im not sure what your asking but if your an auto trans. You wont be able to build RPMs above 1800 or the tires will spin. Ease into the throttle on launch. Don't just floor it or you'll spin the launch which I assume you were doing.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
Im not sure what your asking but if your an auto trans. You wont be able to build RPMs above 1800 or the tires will spin. Ease into the throttle on launch. Don't just floor it or you'll spin the launch which I assume you were doing.
That, hence #2 there which psyched me on #3

I felt the car start getting squrriely past 2500, so next time I run I will go around low 2k-2.2

Appreciate the advice, thanks man!

Side note, definitely need to do the exhaust, just trying to figure out whether i wanna go HFC or Catless for the downpipe as well
Sponsored