• One of One convertible
  • Wimbledon White paint
  • Serial plaque 0001 of 0001 with Bill Ford’s signature
  • Cashmere and black leather seats
  • 19-inch Y-Spoke wheels
  • Special leather portfolio
  • Ford raffled this Mustang for charity
  • Equipped with a special Performance Pack

The year 2015 would mark the 50th anniversary of continuous production for the Mustang, with over 9-million cars being sold during this time. The new design was started in 2009 with anticipation of the anniversary of the car that has been referred to as the “heart and soul of the company.” By 2010, hundreds of sketches were submitted incorporating all the various cues that set the Mustang apart. Through to 2011, the sketches were narrowed down to a few designs that were then transformed into clay designs for 3D evaluations. In early 2012, three designs were selected to move onto the final selection stage.

During the summer of 2012, the design studio hunkered down and worked on refining the design to make this a production car. Designers spent many hours refining the three-dimensional clay model, giving it a powerful stance, forward leaning nose giving it an all-around aggressive look. Small details including the size and shape of the headlamps and grille were redesigned and the rear of the car was widened by 70 millimeters for the more aggressive stance. The front and rear bumpers now flowed smoother with the car, and the new rear quarter windows gave the car a fashionable but current design.

The same amount of attention was paid to the interior design. The relation of the various elements were designed and incorporated in such a way that the interior is fit and clean. Everything from the gauge cluster to the center console give the car a modern look and feel, which is unique to this design.

The Mustang convertible has unique body work that is closely related to the fastback. These differences were subtle but crucial. The shape of the rear gives the open top car a distinct design that is noticed when it is seen driving on the road.

The 2015 Mustang was available with three different engine options. These included: a V-6 engine with 300 horsepower, a 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine producing 310 horsepower and the favored 5.0-liter V-8 engine that produced over 400 horsepower. Each of these power plants were available with either an automatic or manual transmission.

On December 5, 2013 the all the new design was released to the world. Ford reported that “the shape of the new Mustang underwent twice as much aerodynamic testing as any previous generation.”

In April of 2014, Ford announced that it was building 1,964 special Mustang 50th Anniversary Edition fixed-roof coupes. And Ford announced that it would also build one convertible version, but no matter how much money you offered Ford you could not acquire it. This convertible was to be raffled off during the Woodward Dream Cruise on August 16, all taking place on Mustang Alley. A limited number of raffle tickets were on sale for $20 per ticket, with all proceeds benefiting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

This exclusive example is a one-off model that is finished in Wimbledon White paint with chrome accents around the tri-bar tail lamps, a grille with a corralled pony emblem; axle spin-finish aluminum instrument panel trim, cashmere and black two-tone leather seats with contrasting stitching on the instrument panel, steering wheel, shift boot and door inserts. Loop carpet floor mats with cashmere stitching and suede binding adorn the floor. The wheels are special 19-inch “Y-spoke” wheels inspired from the first generation Mustang chrome wheels. The rear decklid has a “GT 50 Years” badge and special-edition badging is found throughout the car. The owner’s manual came in a special leather portfolio with a “50 Years” badge adorning the outside.

This unique convertible is fitted with a special performance pack that includes Pirelli P Zero summer tires, Brembo brakes and a limited-slip differential that receives power from the 420 horsepower, 390 pound-feet of torque 5.0-liter Coyote V-8 engine with a six-speed manual transmission. It also features a special serial plaque with the number 0001 of 0001 and the Ford Motor Company executive chairman Bill Ford’s signature.

This exclusive one-of-one example is worthy of closer inspection, and is ready for a new stable to call home.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Article still says 420 hp

The original winner must be looking to turn a quick profit.

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
1 of 1 convertible auction

Not to impugn the features of this unique vehicle but the Wimbledon White color looks kind of dull compared to the brightness of my Oxford White GT.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to impugn the features of this unique vehicle but the Wimbledon White color looks kind of dull compared to the brightness of my Oxford White GT.

Have you seen it in person? It's a much richer color than washing machine white (and I traded in a perf white 11).

I was iffy until it arrived. Once I saw in person, I love it.

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Wimbledon White

I have not seen it in person but after having owned my Oxford White a few months and then seeing web photos of the W.W., I prefer the brightness of my O.W.. Yes the W.W. may be a richer color but I prefer the brightness of mine.

Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
So just because it's convertible it's worth 250,000? Lol

RubyKojote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I agree the Wimbledon White looks great in person. It also would appear that it is also the only 2015 convertible with a performance pack.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
So just because it's convertible it's worth 250,000? Lol
GT350 #001 went for $1,000,000 and it's not special. This is #001 and it's a 1 of a kind.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
GT350 #001 went for $1,000,000 and it's not special. This is #001 and it's a 1 of a kind.
A gt350 is special.

A regular GT with PP is not. Kind of sad some people will waste 250,000 on a vert because it's a special white. Just shows how idiotic some are. :lol:

Sponsored

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
The original winner must be looking to turn a quick profit.
I would do the same thing. Sell at auction for big bucks, buy a daily driver and pay off the mortgage. This car should be in some rich guy's show room and driven 30 miles a year.

RubyKojote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I would do the same thing. Sell at auction for big bucks, buy a daily driver and pay off the mortgage. This car should be in some rich guy's show room and driven 30 miles a year.
Agreed. You can not replace this car.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
A gt350 is special.

A regular GT with PP is not. Kind of sad some people will waste 250,000 on a vert because it's a special white. Just shows how idiotic some are. :lol:

Just because you don't see value in it doesn't mean someone else will not. I personally don't have the disposable income to just collect cars for fun (and I also don't know if THIS particular car would be on my list) but I wouldn't call someone who can, an idiot.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A gt350 is special.

A gt350 is not special. There will be 5000 of them.

Go somewhere else, troll. Just because you don't like something or it's not what you would choose to buy doesn't mean it's not for someone else. You're opinion means jack squat to anyone else except you.

Little tip. Stay away from investing. With that attitude, you'll fail miserably.

RubyKojote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
A gt350 is special.

Funny. Someone could sell this car, go buy a couple of GT350's and probably pay their house off. As long as someone thinks it is special is all that matters. Should just go in a museum somewhere IMO.
Sponsored