MT-82 to 6r80

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
First off, if anyone near Mississippi would like to trade their 6r80 for my MT-80 (w/ MGW and McLeod Rxt - no power shifting, perfect condition), let me know by PM.

Anyone looked into acquiring the parts to make this work? How expensive would this be on average? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
May want to do some drag racing down the road, and I don't want to risk tearing my trans up.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
You'd be better off trading someone cars. There is a lot involved, good luck.

OP
OP

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
...wouldn't be concerned with factory or bolt-on power, but I'm a "little" beyond that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I've got too much money/time in this motor/car to think about trading cars. May just end up sticking with manual, but I know several people have made the switch, so I just wanted to get some feedback.

Thx for the responses so far.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
:D:D:D Can't say I didn't try.

I am sure there is someone out there dying to feel "more connected" and pick up a "man pedal".

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I doubt it's that big of a swap. And like said above. There's always some looking to break a manual out there that should trade you.:D

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I love my auto nom noms. :headbang:

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
People that break there manual transmissions, simply don't how to drive.

Kind of like the auto guys who brag about there 1/4 times, yet there is really no driving skill required to do that.:lol:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
People that break there manual transmissions, simply don't how to drive.

Kind of like the auto guys who brag about there 1/4 times, yet there is really no driving skill required to do that.:lol:
Winning is winning. All losers claim they got skills right up til they lose!:lol:the statement above is kinda like hating a guy for choicing the right tool for the Job.;)

Last edited:

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you feel satisfied letting a computer do the winning for you...then bravo!!

No fun when you can't really determine who's the better driver.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

LOL you don't drag race do you? The whole idea is to get to the end of the track first. Period! Its as much a contest of the best set up vehicle as it is driver skill. If that wasn't the case there would be no such thing as drag radials, Line locks, launch control, trans brakes, ETC. You feel good about grinding your gears. I like to get to the end of the track first. Just find a different kind of racing if you want to row gears cause this aint it for you and you'll always be the guy losing. That's just the way it goes.:)Dont hate the game because your not set up to play it.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

I E.T. bracket raced for years with an auto and no computer, I found it was one of the hardest things to do consistently and win.
You're statement may have some truth when applied to those that go out and just RUN their cars for Heads-up/grudge/bragging rights but the days of Grumpy Jenkins banging gears consistently and competitively at the strip have been long gone for many years.
Oh and by the way every serious drag racer I every knew ran an auto.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL you don't drag race do you? The whole idea is to get to the end of the track first. Period! Its as much a contest of the best set up vehicle as it is driver skill. If that wasn't the case there would be no such thing as drag radials, Line locks, launch control, trans brakes, ETC. You feel good about grinding your gears. I like to get to the end of the track first. Just find a different kind of racing if you want to row gears cause this aint it for you and you'll always be the guy losing. That's just the way it goes.:)Dont hate the game because your not set up to play it.
If we want to talk about real racing and track racing...I don't remember Nascar allowing automatic transmissions in their sport? There's a big reason why to that.

Auto cars are faster in the 1/4 mile or in a line, that's not a sure thing on a track.

"Don't hate the game because I'm not set to play it":lol: Everyone in the world can drive an auto, how many people can say they can drive a manual? More so, how many can drive one effectively with all the techniques that it requires?

Most car enthusiasts and people on this forum have a manual...it's not surprising why.

If I wanted to just press the gas pedal and race...I would've gotten an auto. I prefer a real challenge.

have fun just using your right foot and playing with your paddles:thumbsup:
Sponsored