HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys!

I searched high and low for a install video for the APR front splitter and could not find one for the 2015+ Mustang. So, I've taken it into my own hands and made a video of the install. (linked below)

Why I chose the APR splitter: This thing is a piece of art, its functional, and it looks mean! APR does very high quality work and it shows in the piece. I think the OEM front fascia looks great, but this splitter puts it over the top.

What is it: APR Performance Front Air Dams integrate with the front bumper to reduce front-end lift and increase high-speed stability. Formed in the autoclave at high temperatures, APR Performance Front Air Dams are made from pre-preg carbon fiber materials to be strong and light weight. (Yeah that's right...I know how to use copy and paste)

The install: This was actually a pretty straight forward and easy-ish install. I have never removed a bumper on a car and the thought of drilling into body panels, on a brand new car, send a chill down my spine. However, with a little help from our friends over at Roush and their fascia removal instructions, I was able to remove the bumper with relative ease. The most difficult part was the small screw on each side that takes time and patience to remove. Don't rush it! Take a few breaths and a couple swigs of a cold beer and you'll have it off in no time. Although it is not needed, removing the inner fender well would make a huge difference in the difficulty of this install.

The Video:

[ame]
mid install.jpg
moch up.jpg
On vs Off.jpg
resized.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
NICE!! I would love to put the same one on mine, I just can't bring myself to spend the money.

Agent_Kay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Mustang GT
Are there other options on where to mount the rods?

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Does the install require removal of the bumper?

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Does the install require removal of the bumper?
yes, you need access to the top of the belly pan and the backside of the bumper so you can properly secure the splitter to the fascia. Also, the rods have to be mounted in the inside of the bumper. There is really no getting around it, it has to come off.

stang6515

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 w/HP
did you keep the stock belly pan on or removed it when you did the install?

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
did you keep the stock belly pan on or removed it when you did the install?
Kept the stock pan. I actually just posted the video. Check it out.

stang6515

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Did you reinforce your bumper where you put your rods in? Did any of your bolts go directly to frame of car or just into plastic of belly pan? I would think with the down force on it you would want bolts going directly to solid metal of car and for the rods going into some metal and not just plastic. Been told it needs to go directly into solid areas and not to just bolt it to plastic

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did you reinforce your bumper where you put your rods in? Did any of your bolts go directly to frame of car or just into plastic of belly pan? I would think with the down force on it you would want bolts going directly to solid metal of car and for the rods going into some metal and not just plastic. Been told it needs to go directly into solid areas and not to just bolt it to plastic
Nope, the instructions, although general, showed it Being bolted directly to the front bumper. No drilling of metal is required. I'm sure you could rig up something if you did it yourself but everything I researched has it being bolted to the belly pan. It's very solid on the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Update on the APR Splitter: I have had it install for a month or so now and have had zero issues with clearance. I have gone over larger speed bumps and up and down fairly steep hills. No problem at all and have not scrapped it once.

Also, I took it to the track and hit 130mph-135mph on 4 roll races and plus the 80mhp on the 2hr drive out there. This thing held up great. Plus it looks sooo sexy!!

IMO its worth the $$ if you are willing to do the install yourself. Hopefully with this video you wont have any issues with that either!
1472.jpg

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

ktapia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hmm is it just me or is the video not available anymore?

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium