Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
UPDATED WITH IN-CAR FOOTAGE:

[ame]

UPDATED WITH PICS/VIDEO AND INTERVIEW WITH BEN COLLINS:

[ame]

For those that missed the interview with Ben Collins, here are his comments:

Q. You’ve driven many a car, Ben. How is this compared to what you’ve experienced before?

A.
Unique. That was my first run up the hill [in the GT350R] and it was all hands on deck [showing his hands] to get it up there. It is an amazing vehicle, it’s got a fantastic grip, it’s super lightweight, 525 horsepower, but I really didn’t expect what I got. The amount of power surge you get is incredible so I had a lot of fun, had a big grin. I suddenly found myself on the grass, gathered it up and off we went so I’m learning very quickly.

Q.
Ford Mustang we think of as an American cruiser and certainly the older ones were not suitable for the British roads and certainly that road (the hillclimb) is very British. Is this GT350R working well?

A.
The new standard of Mustang is very much more European in style so I think the things that we were used to, during the rebirth of muscle cars in 2005, it was still quite soft. The new Mustang is completely different and I experienced that in the standard car and I thought, oh I’d be fine in this 350 Shelby, but this is another grade up, it’s weapons grade superpower.

Q.
What are the stats of the car?

A. It’s got 525 horsepower, it’s as light as a squirrel. I don’t know what the weight is but it’s tiny. It’s got big wide tires on it. It’s the Michelin Pilot Cup Sports that are providing a lot of grip. It makes a fantastic sound and you can do all kinds of extreme things with it, you can turn the traction control completely off which is what I did and just have loads of fun. If you really want to be a complete hooligan, you can put a line lock on the front brake and just sit there burning out until the tires shred so it’s built for having fun. I was being chased up the hill by Ken Block in his Focus so we had a good time … Don’t forget your earplugs.

UPDATE: The GT350R Mustang will be driven by Former Stig, Ben Collins!

That's the list of who's driving what:

2015 FoS GT350R Mustang.jpg

https://cdn.gwsrv.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Whos-Driving-What-2015-v7.pdf

Check out what Ben Collins is driving ;).
Anyone going to Goodwood Festival of Speed at the end of this month? Wonder if they will be showing the Euro Mustang this time, maybe even start her up?!
Sponsored

Paulo1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoke
Anyone going to Goodwood Festival of Speed at the end of this month? Wonder if they will be showing the Euro Mustang this time, maybe even start her up?!
They've already confirmed they'll be showing her there. no doubt it'll the yellow that is on tour at the min.

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
I'll be going on the Saturday. I imagine they'll be showing the Mustang along with the RS and Ford GT.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They've already confirmed they'll be showing her there. no doubt it'll the yellow that is on tour at the min.
I knew they'd be showing the Mustang, wasn't sure it was the Euro Spec. Looking forward to seeing those Elephant Ear wing mirrors in person! :)

Sponsored

Jamieh1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comapny car 2014 Toyota Yaris sport
Would love to be going again this year however can't get time off work, however got to see the beast in Cardiff on Tuesdays
20150616_105819.jpg
20150616_110013.jpg

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would love to be going again this year however can't get time off work, however got to see the beast in Cardiff on Tuesdays
Nice photos. If only we got the red tailights, got the bonnet vents and the GT badge was within the black back, all would be perfect!

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Y'all must be able to get some great vanity plates with those long plates.

I see many traffic citations in store for Yanks and Limeys alike because they traded their red and white taillights and thereby broke local vehicle codes. :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Y'all must be able to get some great vanity plates with those long plates.

I see many traffic citations in store for Yanks and Limeys alike because they traded their red and white taillights and thereby broke local vehicle codes. :)
The plates aren't that great as they have to follow a strict format and anything remotely resembling a word or name is removed and auctioned off. As with most things in the UK the DVLA are right up for screwing the most money out of us. For example MU57ANG sold for £10,000 a few years back...

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
And what does the auction winner get to do with the plate? Is it then relegated to being wall art?
He gets to put it on his vehicle, subject to a transfer fee on top of the auction price (and tax and buyers premium).

Or he can hold it on retention at about £100 per year.

Sorry, my fault, just meant removed from general sale.

Last edited:

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang

Just a teaser then....

[ame]https://vimeo.com/131130221[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a teaser then....

https://vimeo.com/131130221

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great video thanks.
If it sounds as good as it sounds on that video when i hopefully get to drive it, then i take everything back which i said about the tail-lights, vents and badge!!

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I think it's funny where one guy says "It's pretty quiet isn't it?". I'm wondering what the average car on the streets of the UK sounds like. :)
Sponsored