Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Ford Mustang

The Ford Mustang is our 2015 MotorWeek Driversā€™ Choice Award Best of the Year and for many reasons.

Thereā€™s the total chassis reboot with standard independent rear suspension that helps the Mustang cling to the road like never before. Thereā€™s the new EcoBoost turbo-I4 power to not only boost fuel economy here, but to give the new Mustang real global appeal. And, donā€™t forget the vastly and smartly upgraded interior.

They all play a part, yes. But, the biggest reason for our accolade, Ford has matured the Mustang from a piece of well-loved American muscle car into a world-class sports car looking to compete with the likes of Corvette more so than traditional rivals like Camaro and Challenger. Okay, itā€™s not quite there yet, but Ford has essentially taken what was already our favorite pony car and made it worlds better.

Usually when a car gets as much hype as this sixth gen Mustang, it rarely lives up to it. Not the case here, as every version weā€™ve driven, weā€™ve found better than advertised.

Sure, the incredible stable new chassis helps it handle better, and the 2.3-liter turbo-4 is cool. But itā€™s just one of 3 engine choices that get over 300-horsepower. The standard 3.7-liter V6 carries over, and the 5.0-liter V8 gets even more power, now at 435.

As for that interior, while the classic layout stays familiar; the switchgear, seats, and most materials are better than anything else in the current Ford brand lineup, and blows everyone else in this segment away.

The same can be said for the exterior. You instantly know its pure Mustang, yet itā€™s modernly different.

The 2015 Ford Mustang is not just a redesign, but a restart for the icon. It shows that while Ford has a great sense of history and admiration for what the Mustang has done for the brand, they are not standing still; rather looking forward.

We know thereā€™s a new Camaro just around the corner, but itā€™s going to have to be pretty special if it wants to stop Fordā€™s new ā€˜stangā€¦our 2015 MotorWeek Driversā€™ Choice Award Best of the Year!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Mods need to change the title of this thread to reflect the 2015 MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Award of the Year.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Best Sport Coupe too!

Ford Mustang

Weā€™ll continue our big-time American Muscle car theme with our next award, Best Sport Coupe, which goes to the all-new Ford Mustang.
Big changes are ahoof for ā€™15, with a new independent rear suspension that seriously upped the handling performance, the return of Turbo-4 power that boosted fuel economy without losing any fun-factor. Plus, a Euro-spec level of refinement to the interior that has raised the bar for the segment.
It fully lives up to Fordā€™s claim of being a world class sports car, and itā€™s a game changer for sure.

And Best Pick Up to the F150! Great work, Ford!

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Mods need to change the title of this thread to reflect the 2015 MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Award of the Year.
If the OP double clicks out to the right of the thread title while in the General Section, it will let him change it himself.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
If the OP double clicks out to the right of the thread title while in the General Section, it will let him change it himself.
:cheers: and done

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Ford Mustang

The Ford Mustang is our 2015 MotorWeek Driversā€™ Choice Award Best of the Year and for many reasons.

Thereā€™s the total chassis reboot with standard independent rear suspension that helps the Mustang cling to the road like never before. Thereā€™s the new EcoBoost turbo-I4 power to not only boost fuel economy here, but to give the new Mustang real global appeal. And, donā€™t forget the vastly and smartly upgraded interior.

They all play a part, yes. But, the biggest reason for our accolade, Ford has matured the Mustang from a piece of well-loved American muscle car into a world-class sports car looking to compete with the likes of Corvette more so than traditional rivals like Camaro and Challenger. Okay, itā€™s not quite there yet, but Ford has essentially taken what was already our favorite pony car and made it worlds better.

Usually when a car gets as much hype as this sixth gen Mustang, it rarely lives up to it. Not the case here, as every version weā€™ve driven, weā€™ve found better than advertised.

Sure, the incredible stable new chassis helps it handle better, and the 2.3-liter turbo-4 is cool. But itā€™s just one of 3 engine choices that get over 300-horsepower. The standard 3.7-liter V6 carries over, and the 5.0-liter V8 gets even more power, now at 435.

As for that interior, while the classic layout stays familiar; the switchgear, seats, and most materials are better than anything else in the current Ford brand lineup, and blows everyone else in this segment away.

The same can be said for the exterior. You instantly know its pure Mustang, yet itā€™s modernly different.

The 2015 Ford Mustang is not just a redesign, but a restart for the icon. It shows that while Ford has a great sense of history and admiration for what the Mustang has done for the brand, they are not standing still; rather looking forward.

We know thereā€™s a new Camaro just around the corner, but itā€™s going to have to be pretty special if it wants to stop Fordā€™s new ā€˜stangā€¦our 2015 MotorWeek Driversā€™ Choice Award Best of the Year!
Thumbs up if you read this in John Davis's voice. :thumbsup:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I had a 2014 C7 Z51 and all I can say is now a have a 2015 Mustang GT premium. I also have $16K back in my pocket. The Shelby GT 350 will compete very well with the C7.. I also think it looks better.
Way to go Ford. Just wait till the Ford GT competes in IMSA along with the Shelby GT- R.
The C7 Z06 can't even compete a few laps @ most tracks without overheating and going into limp mode. There are a lot of pissed off people on the Corvette forums

ThreePedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford Mustang

Exactly how I feel!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I've only had my car for 2.5 months, I still smile every time I drive it! :ford:

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
:ford:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: 113

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Ford has matured the Mustang from a piece of well-loved American muscle car into a world-class sports car looking to compete with the likes of Corvette more so than traditional rivals like Camaro and Challenger. Okay, itā€™s not quite there yet, but Ford has essentially taken what was already our favorite pony car and made it worlds better.*

Like this comments. Eventually gt350 will be in competition with Stinkray, for $49,990.00 you have base gt350 05 base Stinkray, good time to be cars guys and gals.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I grew up watching Motorweek on public tv. Have watched it since the 80's..and love that theme to the show which has remained the same mostly, cool tune...I waited all winter for them to test the new mustang and when they finally did it wasnt to their usual test format. Kinda disappointed in it.. Then a few months later they tested the dib pp gt. Kinda made up for the previous letdown..
Sponsored

Last edited: