Sponsored

Extreme Performance Tires - Sizing

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am sending out the following to the various tire manufactures requesting more tire options suitable for the Mustang s550. Feel free to copy and send it yourself, and maybe we can get enough requests to get some attention.

Dear sir,
As the owner and autocrosser of a new 2015 Mustang, I am disappointed in the very limited selection of tires available that are close to the stock tire diameter. While I recognize that the Ford sizing is a bit tall, I would think that this is a rather substantial market that is currently under served. In addition, I suspect that taller tires in the 27" diameter range for 19" wheels would be an attractive lightweight option to some car owners with 20" OEM wheels, such as the Camaro SS 1LE, making the potential market even larger. Please see the attached file with desired tire size options that will fit on the Mustang verses what is currently available.
Sponsored

Attachments

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
do you have anything that doesn't require me to download a zip file?

kind of suspicious... if you know what I mean.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Good letter brotha hopefully they take this as a que to get their game straight and bring in some proper rubber

OP
OP
Grintch

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
do you have anything that doesn't require me to download a zip file?

kind of suspicious... if you know what I mean.
Forum doesn't support Excel file attachments for some reason. So I had to zip it in order to post the file.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I want to know where to get these wheels and tires:

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I am sending out the following to the various tire manufactures requesting more tire options suitable for the Mustang s550. Feel free to copy and send it yourself, and maybe we can get enough requests to get some attention.

Dear sir,
As the owner and autocrosser of a new 2015 Mustang, I am disappointed in the very limited selection of tires available that are close to the stock tire diameter. While I recognize that the Ford sizing is a bit tall, I would think that this is a rather substantial market that is currently under served. In addition, I suspect that taller tires in the 27" diameter range for 19" wheels would be an attractive lightweight option to some car owners with 20" OEM wheels, such as the Camaro SS 1LE, making the potential market even larger. Please see the attached file with desired tire size options that will fit on the Mustang verses what is currently available.
Thanks Excel was super helpful. I want to get 9.5 inch rims to lose weight and mount wider tires up front - looks like 285'is out for me as it reduces wheel diameter, which will make the short 3.73 gears feel even shorter and reduce sidewall, which makes the ride worse. I want a 40 sidewall like OEM. Luckily, it seems Pilot Super Sports offer the 275/40/ZR 19's, which should work well for my future 9.5's front and back.

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
OP
OP
Grintch

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes, I had to go MPSS this time around because of their superior tire selection. But still couldn't go as wide as I wanted out back. Hopefully the new GT350 sizes will be out soon.

In the extreme performance street tires (200 TWR), several have now come out with a 285/35-19. So a little progress has been made there.
Sponsored