Sponsored

tourqe management/clutch protection bogging at the track.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
so most of us at the drag strip have experienced it, the bogging from a hard power shift from 1st to 2nd gear even after a little bit of wheel hop. I have a bama tuner and the question is can you tune this problem out? can I have bama fix it so it doesn't do this anymore? I know im engaging into 2nd gear hard, but I know im in gear and I not grinding or missing the gate, honestly I don't care if its hard on the clutch lol. I just want to be like stfu and take it stop being a little bitch about it and goo!!!
Sponsored

96Mustang460cid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP
A couple times, my car had a significant bog shortly after the launch. I thought this was a result of the traction control disliking what the sensors are telling it. I'd be curious to understand the root problem if somebody in the know would take the time to explain.

Have a good day!
Michael

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Contact Bama. Until a couple weeks ago sct device could not remove the clutch and torque protection now they can. They just not gonna send automatic update you have to request it.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19575

Removing torque management in the tune isn't as simple as unchecking a box in the software. It requires some work on the tuner's part as well as yours in the form of feedback.
Correct my tuner did adjustments to mine a couple times to get it where i liked it,but its not just checking a box and turning it off like rear 02s,.Tq mangment is needed for many other saftey features.

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Hey Mike - Shoot the Bama Team a call and they'll get a revision out for you, I didn't realize it was January since we last spoke!

Alex

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Can you shed some more light on this?

Have a good day!
Michael
Tq management is used in ur different drive modes along with trac control and stability control.Depending on what mode ur in the ecm uses different strategies from abs,trac contol,and stability control to help keep the car under control.Thats why u cant turn it completely off.The clutch protection senses slipage and cuts power to protect the clutch.Even with the advance trac control off tq mangment and clutch protect still work,being off adds alot more fun driving.Guys are having problems when using Dr with the car cutting power either from clutch protection or tq mangment,but these can be adjusted with ur tune.

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey Mike - Shoot the Bama Team a call and they'll get a revision out for you, I didn't realize it was January since we last spoke!

Alex
haha yeah man its been a while but I gave them a call and they helped me out. im just going to get it tuned for E85 since I wont be going back to the track until I buy my 47lb injectors and run E85.
Sponsored