Sponsored

UPR Plug N Play Catch Can - Ecoboost with Stock air box.

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 6MT
I wanted to add some clarity to the installation of the UPR PnP Catch Can on a stock Ecoboost Mustang. The catch can comes complete will all tools required for the install. (And a 2.3L emblem, Thanks UPR!) UPR provides the following video to assist with the install.

[ame]

The car used in the video has an aftermarket intake installed. For those of us with a factory air box, a few simple additional steps are required.

1. Allow the engine to cool.
2. Remove the engine cover using 8 and 10mm deep sockets.(I also used an additional extension)
3. Loosen the worm gear clamp from the intake tube.
4. Remove the 10mm bolt used to secure the air box.
5. The (Intake Air Temp) IAT sensor can be unplugged by pressing in the black tab (Red Dot)
6. I was unable to "gracefullY" remove the wiring where it's secured to the air box. I ended
up pulling out the securing clip. (Requires some force)
7. Once the IAT is removed, the factory air box can be removed by pulling it out and up towards the cabin.
8. To remove the original hose, press DOWN on the square White tab, then pull out the hose. I wrapped the tip of my screwdriver with duct tape to prevent marring the surface.
9. From the front of the car, I was unable to see the white tab of the connector on the dirty side. (I tried moving the loom of wires and still was unable to see it...) Luckily, I was able to press down on the white tab with my thumb, and pull it out. (the connector on the block swivels)
10. Fully insert the connectors on the new hose, then press down on the green tab to secure.
11. Reinstall the factory air box BEFORE, securing the catch can and bracket.
12. Due to tabs on the factory air box, I had to install the catch can at an angle.
13. Finally, Connect to the final two connectors to the catch can.

Thats it! Enjoy your clean intake manifold.
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_5835v2.jpg
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_5837v2.jpg
IMG_5834v2.jpg
IMG_0322v2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
Good timing. Mine is showing up tomorrow. Thanks.

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
I had just come across this video yesterday. I had my UPR catch can collecting dust for the past week but I'm gonna get this installed today. Didn't think it was soooooo easy :)

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I wanted to add some clarity to the installation of the UPR PnP Catch Can on a stock Ecoboost Mustang. The catch can comes complete will all tools required for the install. (And a 2.3L emblem, Thanks UPR!) UPR provides the following video to assist with the install.

The car used in the video has an aftermarket intake installed. For those of us with a factory air box, a few simple additional steps are required.

1. Allow the engine to cool.
2. Remove the engine cover using 8 and 10mm deep sockets.(I also used an additional extension)
3. Loosen the worm gear clamp from the intake tube.
4. Remove the 10mm bolt used to secure the air box.
5. The (Intake Air Temp) IAT sensor can be unplugged by pressing in the black tab (Red Dot)
6. I was unable to "gracefullY" remove the wiring where it's secured to the air box. I ended
up pulling out the securing clip. (Requires some force)
7. Once the IAT is removed, the factory air box can be removed by pulling it out and up towards the cabin.
8. To remove the original hose, press DOWN on the square White tab, then pull out the hose. I wrapped the tip of my screwdriver with duct tape to prevent marring the surface.
9. From the front of the car, I was unable to see the white tab of the connector on the dirty side. (I tried moving the loom of wires and still was unable to see it...) Luckily, I was able to press down on the white tab with my thumb, and pull it out. (the connector on the block swivels)
10. Fully insert the connectors on the new hose, then press down on the green tab to secure.
11. Reinstall the factory air box BEFORE, securing the catch can and bracket.
12. Due to tabs on the factory air box, I had to install the catch can at an angle.
13. Finally, Connect to the final two connectors to the catch can.

Thats it! Enjoy your clean intake manifold.

Hey SVOv2.0,

Thanks for a great write up on our Ecoboost catch can. Very happy to hear and read about how easy it was to install for you. Please keep us posted on how much it collects as you drive the car more. Have a great week.

OP
OP

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anytime, we're all here to help one another.

Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
When I did the mishimoto one I added some stuff on their install video, the hardest part is getting the block side connector off and I got it off this way(highlighted part)
1. You remove the stock disconnect but pressing down hard on the white part.
2. you can access the block side hose connection without lifting the car if you have smaller arms. you remove air box and you slide your arm under intake manifold and under the 3 T'd radiator hose coming from under the reservoir grenade overflow, your arm will be right above the motor mount. Reaching under you can grab ahold of the quick connect release it and slide it off.
3. You need to set the mishimoto connects to ready to lock, which is done by pulling up on the little green arrows on each side of their connector and pulling it forward slightly, now its ready to be locked by pressing on the big green piece.
4. when you connect the mishimoto hose pieces just go ahead on lock them...the guy in video says slide them on but don't lock them yet(they are actually locked if you look close)....you better lock them while youre connecting them.
5. put a little bit of oil on the hoses going into the catch can so they slide on without having to fight them because...rubber.
6. make sure to install the correct hoses to the catch can ports, I thought they worked together, left side to left side can port and right side to right side port on the can...its flipped

OP
OP

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
**2000 mile update**

The quick release connectors made draining the can a snap! Don't forget to hold onto the nut when removing the can from the mounting bracket. Here's confirmation that this product is preventing oil from entering your intake.
CatchCan2k.jpg

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
**2000 mile update**

The quick release connectors made draining the can a snap! Don't forget to hold onto the nut when removing the can from the mounting bracket. Here's confirmation that this product is preventing oil from entering your intake.
After seeing this post, I ordered it immediately. :headbang:

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
Aren't there passenger side cans also? This is the first I remember seeing one on the drivers side. Or am I losing it.:shrug: I want to get one foo sho. :clap2:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Aren't there passenger side cans also? This is the first I remember seeing one on the drivers side. Or am I losing it.:shrug: I want to get one foo sho. :clap2:
The UPR can that goes on the passenger side is the dual valve can. The one in this post is the single valve. They'll both do a good job, but the dual valve gives a higher level of protection overall.

Sponsored

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh. So I'm not losing it. Can you use both or is that a waste of money and not really going to do anything?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
They both hook up to the same places, the dual valve has a additional vacuum line that the single valve doesnt so they cannot be used at the same time.

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ok. Thanks for the info.

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
Received my UPR PNP catch can today. Very fast delivery. I must say, I'm impressed by the quality of the catch can and hoses. Looking forward to installing. Thanks UPR for getting it to me so quickly.
Sponsored