Sponsored

How do you rate the QC of your pony?

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
I personally found it below satisfactory level. I don't know if most of it related to the dealer or to the factory, but because the dealer is the representative of the factory I'll speak in general.
Couple weeks ago took a delivery of GT. Below are the pictures:
Bumper grille:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428941469.995109.jpg

Bolts holding the fenders:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428941524.252203.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428941550.972438.jpg

Loose nut found hanging under the hood (interesting what is not secured properly now):
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428941591.830159.jpg

Paint bubbling on the trunk lid:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428941688.737040.jpg

Trunk lid edge:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428941735.977179.jpg

It just sad that so many issues were passed by QC (factory or dealer - doesn't matter). And it is only by the quick look. I am afraid to look for anything else :)
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Below satisfactory as well. I have a paint bubble on my trunk, a paint run behind the license plate, exhaust rattle, squealing brakes and similar looking bolts heads.
Yours looks like it was built on a Friday near quitting time though.

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
That was a car built recently OP? Good grief, that's horrible. Why did you accept delivery of it?

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I went out and checked and I do have touch up paint on the 2 forward-most bolts on the front fenders but my paint is fully intact unlike yours which has been touched up and then re-adjusted.

Your pic of the trunk lid edge is hard to understand, I went out and looked at mine and I can't see anywhere that looks like that. How was that pic taken?

What was the build date on this car?

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The fender bolts are a bit nit picky as no one sees them under the hood. They were probably re-tightened for some reason after paint is all. Better tight than pretty paint obviously. You could touch up paint those honestly; although OP's look pretty bad like paint was globbed/swirled on around the bolts. If it was just the bolt heads I'd say touch up and let it be.

Mine doesn't have any of those flaws, delivered around Xmas. Mine is pretty good I don't see any paint defects or misaligned panels.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
While waiting on the delivery of my ordered car i was worried i would find issues with my car when it was delivered by all of the threads i've read about misaligned panels, paint runs etc. My only issue is the slight rattle near the head light switch, a license plate light that didn't light up but it was an easy fix because it wasn't plugged in all the way and the passenger rear bumper wasn't lined up with the rear quarter but another easy fix. Other than that i haven't found any other issues.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I am happy with mine.Minor issues: a couple chips on lower driver door that were amateurily touched up.will be covered by stripe. small scratch on passenger,rear glass.
I dont expect perfection.

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The fender bolts are a bit nit picky as no one sees them under the hood. They were probably re-tightened for some reason after paint is all. Better tight than pretty paint obviously. You could touch up paint those honestly; although OP's look pretty bad like paint was globbed/swirled on around the bolts. If it was just the bolt heads I'd say touch up and let it be.

Mine doesn't have any of those flaws, delivered around Xmas. Mine is pretty good I don't see any paint defects or misaligned panels.
The bolts were touched up after paint to correct an alignment problem. Ford then paints them because missing paint, chips around bolts is a sure sign the car has had collision damage.
Smart buyers know these things, so yea its a big deal. Its not like he got a price break.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
You should have made it a sliding scale op... my car is fairly good compared to others cars I have seen on here, yet I would still only rate it about a 6.7-7 out of 10 for satisfaction and when I compare this new car to other new cars I have purchased.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I honestly wouldn't have noticed any of these things except that chip in the trunk lid gasket. I guess some people go through things with a fine toothed comb...

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
That was a car built recently OP? Good grief, that's horrible. Why did you accept delivery of it?
As I noticed on the door sticker it build date is 10/14.

Usually when I purchase new car the only concern is to get the options ordered, right color and no scratches or dents (from being sitting on the lot for a while). Honestly I didn't expected that I need to do the QC when I purchasing brand new car. I kinda pay money to do so by the qualified personnel. Of course when I purchase a used car I'll take a look even under the car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd rate mine at about a 7 out of 10.

The one and only thing that really pisses me off with mine is the grind marks in the sheetmetal under the paint on top of the passenger rear quarter where it kicks up to the 'ducktail'. You can actually feel it. Whoever was inspecting for this kind of thing was really not on the ball. I missed it when I picked the car up, but my lighting in my shop reveals all body and paint sins...

The front of the driver's door could come up about 1/8" of an inch too. Beyond these things, I'm pretty pleased.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
I have had my GT two weeks now, build date 3-2015. I am very picky and detail oriented. I have owned (and still do) some high end European cars.
This my second new ford in two years. i traded in my 2014 Fiesta ST for my Mustang. I found no quality issues with my Fiesta or my new Mustang. I think Ford has really raised there game.
Ron

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
As I noticed on the door sticker it build date is 10/14.

Usually when I purchase new car the only concern is to get the options ordered, right color and no scratches or dents (from being sitting on the lot for a while). Honestly I didn't expected that I need to do the QC when I purchasing brand new car. I kinda pay money to do so by the qualified personnel. Of course when I purchase a used car I'll take a look even under the car.
That's an old car and you are just now getting it? I bought mine off the lot a month ago or more and it had a January 9th, 2015 build date and has hardly any issues at all. In fact, two specs of dust under the paint is all I can find.
Sponsored