Sponsored

GT350 Mustang PCM calibration files (RPM, fuel flow, airflow, firing order, etc)

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Our friends at HP Tuners dug into the GT350 Mustang Voodoo engine's PCM calibration files as they have added support for it to its VCM Suite software.

Here's a look at the tables that they sent us:

ElectronicReturnless-1.JPG

MAFCurve-4.JPG

MBTSpark-5.JPG

FiringOrder-2.JPG

Injectors-3.JPG

RevLimit-6.JPG
Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Any context to this? How did they get it? Is it final tune?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
8,050 rpm redline is lower than I expected. I was thinking 8,250.

Eric@HPTuners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Ford makes the calibrations available for download so that dealers are able to update their service tools.

I have no idea why this calibration was made available so early, and it is likely just a preproduction file, but I imagine it will be close to the final calibration.

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I'm lookin forward to seeing what the voodoo is capable of once you and other tuners do your magic

Sponsored

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
The 8,050 RPM rev limiter raises questions for me as well. All of the tachs on the show cars definitely looked more in the neighborhood of 8,200.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I see a bunch of different fuel flow rates - not sure which to use. Based on the numbers and assuming a typical BSFC, can anyone tell me what HP this amount of fuel consumption implies?

Edit - expect 0.45-0.37 lb/hp hr? I guess after reading more about brake specific fuel consumption there is so much variability between different engines that it is probably not going to be any better for a power estimate than what we already have.

Last edited:

Gripley

Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Griffin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium Redfire
Perhaps the lower redline is due to this data being collected from a non-R motor? Do we know if the R gets a higher redline?

FWIW, I know in those spy videos of the GT350 and the GT350R on the 'Ring, the R seemed significantly higher-pitched.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Perhaps the lower redline is due to this data being collected from a non-R motor? Do we know if the R gets a higher redline?

FWIW, I know in those spy videos of the GT350 and the GT350R on the 'Ring, the R seemed significantly higher-pitched.

No Resonators make them sound different.

As of the last update from FORD the two cars would have no difference in the power plant. The differences would be in the Suspension and the light weighting.

Sponsored

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'87 Mustang (Sold); '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '19 Ranger
I am sure they were sent a pre-production file and nothing final yet. I believe that even Ford press mentioned 8200 rpm + redline, so I wouldn't look at this table as the gospel just yet. Also, HP could have been fiddling with it. Also, this could indicate RPM for a different key (black key vs. red key) or even a break-in mode like the GT 500s had that restricted power, etc. for the first few miles...

The big injectors indicate that RPM is gonna be high. They are needed not just for the horsepower, but to keep flowing at high rpm without going 100% duty cycle. I am surprised they didn't use a low impedance injector which will survive 100% without failure.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Would it be more likely that the 8050 RPM is where the peak torque hits and the 8200 RPM would be the typical follow through on the torque band. If its geared more towards EPA configuration... then wouldn't that 8050 make more sense to see the relevant air to fuel ratios.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'87 Mustang (Sold); '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '19 Ranger
Would it be more likely that the 8050 RPM is where the peak torque hits and the 8200 RPM would be the typical follow through on the torque band. If its geared more towards EPA configuration... then wouldn't that 8050 make more sense to see the relevant air to fuel ratios.

Good reasoning.

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
What if it is like the previous GT500 where it has a higher RPM redline for 8 seconds and then goes down to a lower RPM redline?
Sponsored