Sponsored

Dyno Update: Bama 91 Tune + JLT CAI + MagnaFlow Street Cat-back = 3HP less?!

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
A few weeks ago I posted a relatively strong and consistent baseline run on a DynoJet at a local shop here. The car made 372hp and 358ft/lb. So I was pretty pumped to see what the car would do on the dyno with the 91 Bama X4 sport tune loaded supporting the recently installed JLT CAI and Magnaflow Street 3" cat-back.

To my absolute shock and disgust, the car lost power! 362hp and 350hp! 10hp and 8ft/lbs less! Also, keep in mind that I kept the re-test as consistent as possible, again using Shell V-power and the same shop, operator and DynoJet as before.

Both myself and the operator assumed something definitely was wrong, so we decided to re-flash the Bama 91 Sport tune and let the car rest for a while, Maybe excess heat!? Why the lost 10hp!?

The best the car did was 369hp and 355ft/lbs, still 3hp and 3ft/lbs shy of the completely stock setup!

Anyone have any thoughts?! I'm at a loss here. I'm going to call Bama tomorrow to see how this can even be possible. I'm not impressed at all to say the least. I can think of a better way to spend a couple hundred bucks than to find out on the dyno that you car has been neutered.
adrian 2015 mustangNEW.jpg
Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Well that certainly doesn't sound fun. Looks like your AF curve is nearly indentical, so it would be interesting to see ignition timing logs of before and after.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Dude, I dynod my car stock, then with Bama Tune and picked up 2hp! Same tq! This is on the same dyno, same operator. I did this months ago. Maybe there is a "dyno procedure" or something cause the tune was a waste of $$. I'm now supercharged.

Call Bama and ask for a better tune, or refund.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I lost about $600 dollars on the "Bama" tune. What a joke! Even funnier is they have all these different flavors of tunes. There is only one tune needed, and that's the correct one! The only time you would need a different tune is for race gas or a E-85 set up. The BS is the "Economy tune" or "sporty spice tune" or "kinda fast tune" the "track tune" that's my favorite one! Lol

Sorry had to vent....

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
This is terrible. Advertising gains but losing HP and TQ on the dyno. Reminds me of the eBay super chips promising big gains from a resistor. Shouldnt a real tune from a shop net some gains from the CAI and new exhaust? I would defiantly call Bama and send it back for my money back. Now I know what tuner to avoid.

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Op, Do yourself a favor, call Livernois Motorsports, tell them what you got going on. They will set you up. Jlt and gibson with Livernois tune i made 422. You should have similar results. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! You won't lose horse power!!!

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Or go Lund tune via lethal performance. It's almost like the car didnt take the tune, the curve and A/F ratio are roughly identical. Log timing on both the stock and tune. I'd contact Bama before you jump ship and cut your losses.

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
A few weeks ago I posted a relatively strong and consistent baseline run on a DynoJet at a local shop here. The car made 372hp and 358ft/lb. So I was pretty pumped to see what the car would do on the dyno with the 91 Bama X4 sport tune loaded supporting the recently installed JLT CAI and Magnaflow Street 3" cat-back.

To my absolute shock and disgust, the car lost power! 362hp and 350hp! 10hp and 8ft/lbs less! Also, keep in mind that I kept the re-test as consistent as possible, again using Shell V-power and the same shop, operator and DynoJet as before.

Both myself and the operator assumed something definitely was wrong, so we decided to re-flash the Bama 91 Sport tune and let the car rest for a while, Maybe excess heat!? Why the lost 10hp!?

The best the car did was 369hp and 355ft/lbs, still 3hp and 3ft/lbs shy of the completely stock setup!

Anyone have any thoughts?! I'm at a loss here. I'm going to call Bama tomorrow to see how this can even be possible. I'm not impressed at all to say the least. I can think of a better way to spend a couple hundred bucks than to find out on the dyno that you car has been neutered.
I will agree that a tune plus your mods making LESS power is counter-intuitive. Here is the video that Anthony is referring to:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]sr8CDnAPk7g[/MEDIA]"]
If you have any questions or need some help shoot me a call.

Thanks,

Jaimie
[email protected]
313 561 5500 ext.102

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
Anthony Livernois must have really taken car of you lol. You rep them more then they rep themselves! You have to be their absolute favorite customer!

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

Hey Ehdrian - This is absolutely ridiculous and we've got to be missing something here - Bama is testing and developing on the same tune and despite the elevation differences etc I'd like to get you on the phone with Paul to get a datalog set up and what we'll do after the fact is cover you to head back to your same dyno to get a few more pulls in!

Shoot me a PM with your Order Number and I'll make sure that the Bama Team is reviewing your tune as soon as possible!

No worries! There's a small glitch here and we'll have the Bama Team make this right for you shortly! Again, we'd like to get you set up with with a few more pulls on your local dyno and we will be splitting the cost with Bama!

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Or go Lund tune via lethal performance. It's almost like the car didnt take the tune, the curve and A/F ratio are roughly identical. Log timing on both the stock and tune. I'd contact Bama before you jump ship and cut your losses.

Tha his for the recommendation. Our Lund Racing tuned packages are the real deal. The gains are consistent from car to car and are dyno proven.

Jared

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

I will definitely let American Muscle and Bama try and make this right before jumping ship. It's great to know there are some other options out there that people are happy with.

I have sent a PM to AMAlexLazarus with all the details and a datalog. I will keep everyone posted!

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

I will definitely let American Muscle and Bama try and make this right before jumping ship. It's great to know there are some other options out there that people are happy with.

I have sent a PM to AMAlexLazarus with all the details and a datalog. I will keep everyone posted!

Ehdrian - Received and replied! We'll get you set up in no time and I'm going to head down to Bama right now to take a look at what's going on!

Hang in there, we'll have this fixed up for you today!

Alex

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I wasn't terribly impressed with my Bama tune and got my car dyno tuned anyway, but I will say at least that their customer service has always been pretty good. I worked with them on my tune with my '11 way back. At least give 'em a call before blasting them... Goes for any product. Hell, it's what I did with SW - they just told me I was wrong lol.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Of course we'd love to sell you a lund custom tune. Trick dynoing months apart though, in fairness to AM is conditions always change and days make a difference.

we dyno'd our shop car 2 days apart, weather conditions and time seemed damn near identical, every pull was consistenly 7hp less "with the exact same tune in the car'

best way to test mods, especially n/a is back to back
Sponsored