Sponsored

2015 Mustang wins MotorWeek's Driver's Choice Car of the Year award

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I couldn't find this topic on the last couple pages, so I'm guessing this is somehow either super old news, or that no one here likes MotorWeek, heh. But I think they're a respectable auto show. They've had admirable choices in the past.

Then again, maybe people just don't care about these kindsa awards at all. I thought this was kinda cool, though:

http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/drivers_choice_awards/#/

Ford Mustang

The Ford Mustang is our 2015 MotorWeek Driversā€™ Choice Award Best of the Year and for many reasons.

Thereā€™s the total chassis reboot with standard independent rear suspension that helps the Mustang cling to the road like never before. Thereā€™s the new EcoBoost turbo-I4 power to not only boost fuel economy here, but to give the new Mustang real global appeal. And, donā€™t forget the vastly and smartly upgraded interior.

They all play a part, yes. But, the biggest reason for our accolade, Ford has matured the Mustang from a piece of well-loved American muscle car into a world-class sports car looking to compete with the likes of Corvette more so than traditional rivals like Camaro and Challenger. Okay, itā€™s not quite there yet, but Ford has essentially taken what was already our favorite pony car and made it worlds better.

Usually when a car gets as much hype as this sixth gen Mustang, it rarely lives up to it. Not the case here, as every version weā€™ve driven, weā€™ve found better than advertised.

Sure, the incredible stable new chassis helps it handle better, and the 2.3-liter turbo-4 is cool. But itā€™s just one of 3 engine choices that get over 300-horsepower. The standard 3.7-liter V6 carries over, and the 5.0-liter V8 gets even more power, now at 435.

As for that interior, while the classic layout stays familiar; the switchgear, seats, and most materials are better than anything else in the current Ford brand lineup, and blows everyone else in this segment away.

The same can be said for the exterior. You instantly know its pure Mustang, yet itā€™s modernly different.

The 2015 Ford Mustang is not just a redesign, but a restart for the icon. It shows that while Ford has a great sense of history and admiration for what the Mustang has done for the brand, they are not standing still; rather looking forward.

We know thereā€™s a new Camaro just around the corner, but itā€™s going to have to be pretty special if it wants to stop Fordā€™s new ā€˜stangā€¦our 2015 MotorWeek Driversā€™ Choice Award Best of the Year!
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for sharing!

I like the last sentence:

We know thereā€™s a new Camaro just around the corner, but itā€™s going to have to be pretty special if it wants to stop Fordā€™s new ā€˜stangā€¦our 2015 MotorWeek Driversā€™ Choice Award Best of the Year!

Gripley

Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Griffin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium Redfire
Dang I love that blue (on the homepage).

MBrasser22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT DIB

Sponsored

OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
That's why I had to have it. DIB is just stunning in the sunlight.
Yeah, it's a beautiful color, and I'm normally not a fan of blue. I love the flake in that car... That's the only thing I'd change about the color of mine -- I wish it had a metallic flake.