1989 upgrade to 2015 GT PP

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP, Wipple Stage 2
Hello, new guy here. Been lurking for a while, waiting for my car to arrive.

It's sad to see my 89 go, especially since I bought it new and had 20+ years worth of custom/performance parts in it. Hopefully the new GT PP will keep me from getting too emotional about it. I included a pic of where it sits now, on the dealer's showroom floor.

Unfortunately I'm in WI, so after a few quick pics of the '15 it's time to put the car in the garage until spring. This is the first and last time the tires touch snow.

Now the fun begins....deciding what mods to install! Thankfully I found this forum and a wealth of great info within to help me make my decisions!
image1.JPG
2015mustangGT.jpg
2015mustangGT-3.jpg
2015mustangGT-2.jpg
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Nice. I had a couple '85s and a '92 back in the day. Welcome.

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
Why didnt you just keep it too? I mean I cant imagine it has much value and its been paid off for decades.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Welcome, great cars, both of them! Those pictures of the v15 in the snow are outstanding, you are obviously a very talented photographer!

aclos3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Champagne Beige 6cyl hardtop
Your 2015 is nice, and great pictures.

Your 1989 is one of the best restored fox bodies I've seen. Do you have more pictures of it somewhere?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Don

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Why didnt you just keep it too? I mean I cant imagine it has much value and its been paid off for decades.
That would've been nice but not enough room in the garage. And I actually got a number I was comfortable with on the 89. I have a great relationship with the dealership and GM. And it doesn't hurt that I purchased two other cars over the past few months (including a 2015 twin turbo explorer sport), so they took good care of me. I could've maybe got a few points higher on the private market but it would've taken me a long time, and it's dead of winter here.

Welcome, great cars, both of them! Those pictures of the v15 in the snow are outstanding, you are obviously a very talented photographer!
Thanks for the compliment! I do some professional photography on the side.

Your 2015 is nice, and great pictures.

Your 1989 is one of the best restored fox bodies I've seen. Do you have more pictures of it somewhere?
Thanks, I put a lot of time into it over the years! I have a ton of pics. I'll upload some more later today.

How many miles on it? I'm sure they will try and get way over it's true value.
The speedo reads 130k but that's all on the frame. Everything else is less than 3k. The motor and drivetrain, maybe 500 miles. It's undergone 3 transformations/motors/body kits in it's lifetime. I'm sure they have it marked up way high.

Eeeww Fox body so gross.
Haha...funny. :) I grew up in that era, so of course I love the fox body. Though pretty much everyone that saw mine had nice things to say and appreciated it for what it was--an excellent representation of a fox body. The few that didn't usually ended up staring at the ass end of the car trying to catch up to it.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Nice photography. Are they black?

OP
OP
Don

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
^^ Is the car black? Yes.

SkapeGote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150
Hello, new guy here. Been lurking for a while, waiting for my car to arrive.

It's sad to see my 89 go, especially since I bought it new and had 20+ years worth of custom/performance parts in it. Hopefully the new GT PP will keep me from getting too emotional about it. I included a pic of where it sits now, on the dealer's showroom floor.

Unfortunately I'm in WI, so after a few quick pics of the '15 it's time to put the car in the garage until spring. This is the first and last time the tires touch snow.

Now the fun begins....deciding what mods to install! Thankfully I found this forum and a wealth of great info within to help me make my decisions!
Wow those are amazing cars. Being from Canada I can appreciate the snow pictures. You must work hard to afford cars like that. I would love to have the money to do a fox body coyote swap with a full suspension upgrade a a 6 speed. Dream car. Your 2015 is so sexy I keep looking for a bra clasp to unhook. Thanks for sharing.

Skape

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Beautiful Fox! I currently have a 93 5.0 that I've had since i was 19 and i don't intend to get rid of it as I'm the 2nd owner :)

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
I kept my coupe. I would not sell it for anything. My wife knows and respects that. The S550 has been a great choice and I like driving it, but there is just something about a foxbody with some power.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
I would never sell a classic mustang. Keep that one! if you want just get the new mustang. I am thinking of having my 67 as a get away from technology car. I'd use the 2015 stang as a car to get to work with every day. All you need then is a sedan!

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Eeeww Fox body so gross.
Yes, the 80's were years where cars got really bad looking, but its a piece of history. You always want to compare a older model to a new model.
Sponsored