dastefster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
attachment.jpg

Hey everyone! New to the forum. I've been an active member on other mustang forums for awhile, but decided to join G6! Just wanted to share my build story/mods with fellow stang lovers.
A little bit about my car: its a 15' GT in ruby red. Has the performance pack and Recaro's from the factory. I've had it for about 2 months now and I love it! World's better than my 13'.

Anyway, I've already done a few mods:
-FRPP Sport cat-back
-Eibach pro-kit springs
-Diode Dynamics LED's (everywhere)
-Tint for: windows, headlights, tail lights, marker lights, and brake light
-Lethal Performance Grille delete
-MRT hood struts
-Badge and heat extractor blackout (plastidip)

The next mods to go in soon will be Kooks O/R headers and MMR billet oil pump gear and lower crank gear(prep for you know what!) :)

Just wanted to share with everyone as I add new mods! Here are some pics:

15% tint on the windows:

A few pictures of the lethal grille (not the greatest pics):

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dastefster

dastefster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oh and A few weeks ago I strapped her to the dyno for my "baseline" pull (only mod was the cat-back. No tune) put down 393rwhp/352rwtq. All the specifics for the conditions of the run are in the video description! Not bad for -nearly- sock numbers. [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]KAMD9pWS9wc[/MEDIA]"]

RyRy 0731

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Very nice! I have a competition orange GT with PP and want to do the exact same mods as you! So far I have the FRPP Sport Cat-back and 20% window tint all around.

How did you do your heat extractors? May I ask how much all the light tint (what color/shade tint) and the heat extractors cost you? Did you do it all yourself or have it done??

Thanks in advance!!

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Great mods, congrats on your car!!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Beautiful car!! Congrats and welcome to the forums!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
dastefster

dastefster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very nice! I have a competition orange GT with PP and want to do the exact same mods as you! So far I have the FRPP Sport Cat-back and 20% window tint all around.

How did you do your heat extractors? May I ask how much all the light tint (what color/shade tint) and the heat extractors cost you? Did you do it all yourself or have it done??

Thanks in advance!!
Thanks! :) Comp. orange is an awesome color!

The heat extractors and badges were all Plasti-dipped(by me). Wanted to make sure I liked the look before making it permanent. I'll probably think about buying real painted black parts if/when they hit the market, but for now the plastic-dip looks great! I had the lights tinted at the same time as the windows, I believe I paid $200~ for all the lights. Not sure what shade/color, the shop used their own tint, they didn't give me an option. Not complaining though, looks perfect! However, Anchor Room sells a tint kit that comes with pre-cut vinyl for all the lights..I believe its around $60~ if you want to do it yourself. I just hate doing tint work, its so finicky and the problem is..if you mess up once you have to start over and the Anchor Room kit only comes with 1 vinyl per light.

RyRy 0731

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks! :) Comp. orange is an awesome color!

The heat extractors and badges were all Plasti-dipped(by me). Wanted to make sure I liked the look before making it permanent. I'll probably think about buying real painted black parts if/when they hit the market, but for now the plastic-dip looks great! I had the lights tinted at the same time as the windows, I believe I paid $200~ for all the lights. Not sure what shade/color, the shop used their own tint, they didn't give me an option. Not complaining though, looks perfect! However, Anchor Room sells a tint kit that comes with pre-cut vinyl for all the lights..I believe its around $60~ if you want to do it yourself. I just hate doing tint work, its so finicky and the problem is..if you mess up once you have to start over and the Anchor Room kit only comes with 1 vinyl per light.
Thanks for the information! Any visibility issues with either the front or tail lights? Also, is the pasti dip color just 'black', nothing special'? How did you do the front pony emblem with the honey comb grill?

Thanks again and looking forward to more updates!!

OP
OP
dastefster

dastefster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the information! Any visibility issues with either the front or tail lights? Also, is the pasti dip color just 'black', nothing special'? How did you do the front pony emblem with the honey comb grill?

Thanks again and looking forward to more updates!!
No visibility issues with the tail lights what-so-ever. Even with the tint, once you step on the brakes you can barely even tell they're tinted. The headlight tint MAY have reduced the brightness of the headlights by a tiny tiny bit but honestly, if it has its so minimal I can't tell. It's still plenty bright driving at night even on roads with no street lights, so I have no complaints!
Yeah, the plasti-dip is just called "black" as far as I'm aware. If you just search black plasti dip on Amazon, the first thing that pops up is what I used.
To do the front grille I just used news paper and painters tape and masked it off from the rest of the car/grille like this:

This pic was taken after I had already started to peel the tape back, but originally it was taped up right to the edges of the pony.

Thanks! Looking forward to doing more mods :thumbsup: I actually just got my gears in the mail today.....Now I have to get them into the car :frusty: who knew such little things could cause so much headache/money lol

Sponsored

BOSS 32V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT pp
Good looking car

Munkywrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp+
Looks clean. Let us know when you install the headers. Want to hear if it's worth it or not

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Beautiful car Dastefster! I am envious. So let me axe you a question. Toy said the heat extractors and badges were all Plasti-dipped. What is plasti-dip? Is this the stuff in the spay can? Is it rubber sort of?

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
dastefster

dastefster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks clean. Let us know when you install the headers. Want to hear if it's worth it or not
Will do! I'll be posting a video to my YouTube channel (and the link here of course) and I'll have the dyno results to compare to my "baseline" dyno! Now all I need is for Kooks to get a move on it and send me those headers!!! :headbang:

Beautiful car Dastefster! I am envious. So let me axe you a question. Toy said the heat extractors and badges were all Plasti-dipped. What is plasti-dip? Is this the stuff in the spay can? Is it rubber sort of?

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah its a rubber compound that comes in a spray can

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Great looking car, I've seen you around Memphis.
Sponsored