RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Picked her up yesterday around 5pm. I'm still in shock that it's finally here.

I'm keeping this short as I plan on doing a full write-up after a week or two with the car. Just a few things, both good and not-so-good:

1) it's gorgeous and gets plenty of attention

2) I'm in love with guard

3) the recaros are good but the bolsters actually impede arm movement when dialing in some heavy lock

4) the PP is great, but I'm having serious reservations about the 3.73 final drive... I much prefer the non-PP rear end so far

5) the manual is fantastic but I'm noticing inconsistency with the shift action depending on what gear I go in

6) it's big... this is not a car you become entirely comfortable with if you're coming from a smaller car. I've got a good driving position, but there are some niggles I have with the user interface when it comes to feeling like I've got the "perfect" positioning. Haven't found it yet

7) fast, linear power delivery with more than adequate low-mid range shove... needs more power, or maybe...

8) it needs to be louder. Much louder

9) that turning radius.

10) everyone loves the pony 'welcome' lights that project from the door handle more than anything else.

11) not a fan of how bright the MFT screen is at night; won't go dark enough.

12) this PP-equipped car feels much more at home when being pushed. Maybe I haven't adjusted to it just yet, but it feels RIGHT at home when being driven at about 6-8/10ths.

13) what break-in? I've been doing plenty of WOT runs and varying up the speeds. Tires are a bit slick but it's gradually going away. I've got 100+ miles on the odo so far.

I'll get back to this thread in a week or two with something that isn't written like a Buzzfeed article. Stay tuned!

fihuWDN.jpg

OhaJupr.jpg
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Congrats again. WRT #6, it'll get better with time. Mine also felt big at first, bigger than my S197 for sure. Parallel parking was not fun for the first two weeks, but i'm totally fine now.

Also, what exhausts are you considering?

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats again. WRT #6, it'll get better with time. Mine also felt big at first, bigger than my S197 for sure. Parallel parking was not fun for the first two weeks, but i'm totally fine now.

Also, what exhausts are you considering?
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm hoping for as much. So far my driving position is coming down to some actual physical obstacles... the pedal arrangement makes heel-toeing difficult. The steering wheel is a bit chunkier than I recall around the 9-and-3, and not in a way I'd say is positive. And these Recaro bolsters... I've got to get the right recline angle set so my elbows don't smack into them... doing way more shuffle steering than I'd like to at the moment.

I'm looking at FRPP and Corsa. Everyone's hyping up Borla so I'm keeping an open mind and holding out for some audio clips. Gibson looks pretty good. SW sounds great but it's ultimately not to my tastes. I'm looking for an X-pipe setup; something that has a wide range of pitch with a sharp bark and some bass, more euro than muscle. I just haven't found anything that's sold me yet.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I approve of #13....I broke mine in hard and it has clicked off 12.7's ever since I was stock.

Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm hoping for as much. So far my driving position is coming down to some actual physical obstacles... the pedal arrangement makes heel-toeing difficult. The steering wheel is a bit chunkier than I recall around the 9-and-3, and not in a way I'd say is positive. And these Recaro bolsters... I've got to get the right recline angle set so my elbows don't smack into them... doing way more shuffle steering than I'd like to at the moment.

I'm looking at FRPP and Corsa. Everyone's hyping up Borla so I'm keeping an open mind and holding out for some audio clips. Gibson looks pretty good. SW sounds great but it's ultimately not to my tastes. I'm looking for an X-pipe setup; something that has a wide range of pitch with a sharp bark and some bass, more euro than muscle. I just haven't found anything that's sold me yet.

This is an s197 setup but its x pipe with borla S types. Im sure something similar will be made for the 2015's.

I love this sound in person...no rasp, no drone, and turns heads everywhere you drive by.

[ame]

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
That is awesome!

#5 - Remove the clutch helper spring :)

#12 - I agree 150%! This is so spot on.

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Congrats, beautiful car!! What did you end up doing with your 335?

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I approve of #13....I broke mine in hard and it has clicked off 12.7's ever since I was stock.

I love this and plan on doing it when I get mine. I swear that is how you create factory freaks out of new cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Could you clarify a bit on #6, how much of a smaller car?

And is the turning radius good, or bad(huge)?

Sponsored
OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is an s197 setup but its x pipe with borla S types. Im sure something similar will be made for the 2015's.

I love this sound in person...no rasp, no drone, and turns heads everywhere you drive by.

I like it! Wonder how similar the S550's version will sound now.

That is awesome!

#5 - Remove the clutch helper spring :)

#12 - I agree 150%! This is so spot on.
I am definitely going to do that, at least temporarily to see how it feels. This spring has the oddest point of ramping up, like right where the engagement point is (dafuq kind of engineering decision was that?). Thanks bro!

Congrats, beautiful car!! What did you end up doing with your 335?
Aha! In glad you asked. :) I still have her... and I just bought a GoPro with a head cam mount. Guess what I'll be doing? Heh, I'll sell the 335i in the next couple of weeks but not until I take advantage of this situation.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Could you clarify a bit on #6, how much of a smaller car?

And is the turning radius good, or bad(huge)?
The turning radius is a bit large...

The car feels big because of how long the hood appears. You will get used to it. The car does feel a bit bigger as I had a 03/01 Cobra and just turned in my 2011 Maxima that I leased.

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
Really sweet ride man.. enjoy brother!

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
I like it! Wonder how similar the S550's version will sound now.

I am definitely going to do that, at least temporarily to see how it feels. This spring has the oddest point of ramping up, like right where the engagement point is (dafuq kind of engineering decision was that?). Thanks bro!

Aha! In glad you asked. :) I still have her... and I just bought a GoPro with a head cam mount. Guess what I'll be doing? Heh, I'll sell the 335i in the next couple of weeks but not until I take advantage of this situation.
Sounds like a great plan... Saying goodbye to the twin turbo was hard for me!!

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Sweet! Congrats looks niiiiice
Sponsored