New member with problems?

hauntedone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
New member here with a Black GT... (Pic included)

Being a life time GM guy this was my first Ford. The cars stunning looks is what made me buy this over a Camaro SS..

Now that the newness has worn off , I have started to regretted the purchase. So far the car creaks like an old used car and recently I had the car brought in for a "Clink" noise coming from under the car when shifting from Park to Reverse or drive. Very annoying to hear that from a $40k car.

So far the dealer has not been able to find the cause of the sound...Anyone on this board have that problem? Sounds like metal hitting another piece of metal....

Hope to find an answer so or otherwise this would be my last and only Ford.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Contact (PM) FordService on the forum here. They will ensure you get all the help you need to get your issue addressed.

Not sure if any auto owners have reported the same issue you have. Sorry.

What are the creaking noises you speak of? Do you know the build date of your car?

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I don't have any of these problems, but I am curious on how that mustang cost 40 grand? Looking at the pic through the windshield and going by the rims it would seem you have just a base GT, which as an automatic shouldn't have been anymore than 33k.

2yankeesoldiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I don't have any of these problems, but I am curious on how that mustang cost 40 grand? Looking at the pic through the windshield and going by the rims it would seem you have just a base GT, which as an automatic shouldn't have been anymore than 33k.
It's not a base, look at the lower rear bumper.
Only the premium's have the black trim.

OP
OP

hauntedone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the ford dealer info... It's a premium GT with automatic, nav & shaker, and radar...

As for the creaking it has been cold out but the plastic in the doors and near the windows just creak over every bump... Sucks to hear that much noise in an $40k car..

As for the clunk/clink noise the dealer replaced the driveshaft but the noise is still there. So far the car is still sitting at the dealer until they can find the cause of the loud sound.

Sponsored

2yankeesoldiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Thanks for the ford dealer info... It's a premium GT with automatic, nav & shaker, and radar...

As for the creaking it has been cold out but the plastic in the doors and near the windows just creak over every bump... Sucks to hear that much noise in an $40k car..

As for the clunk/clink noise the dealer replaced the driveshaft but the noise is still there. So far the car is still sitting at the dealer until they can find the cause of the loud sound.
maybe start reading here...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14267

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I think I have the same noise you describe. When I shift from park to reverse I hear a metallic clink-type of sound underneath. I wasn't going to complain about it though. I think its the drive shaft joints doing their thing when it shifts.... I could be wrong tho.

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just install the Ford Racing Sport Catback and all them little noises go away. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just a note on all the noises you are hearing. All cars even brand new ones are going to creak and rattle when temperatures are down to the ridiculously cold temps you have been seeing in northern Illinois lately. When it warms up to "normal" I'd be willing to bet most of those noises go away. Extended time below zero like you have seen shrinks things like crazy and lets things vibrate. I have noticed some noises on mine down here as it has been between 0 and 20 degrees for several days now. A brand new Camaro would do the same thing in these extreme cold conditions. As for your clunk when backing,that one sounds legitimate. Good luck with it. Give it some days/weeks to warm up outside and I bet the rattles, buzzes and small vibrations will go away. Problem is it is January, you may have to wait a month or more. Good luck.

OP
OP

hauntedone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Updated : so this is how ford takes care of the car and Golf Mil Ford Dealer operates... They can't figure out what is wrong??? Arrogant and assholes...they had the car for 2 days , replaced a part that didn't need to be fixed , admitted it still clunks into gear and then ford tells them it is normal.... First and last ford ever...

As for the creaking I had a GTO and it was parked outside for 8 years and didn't creak .... Sorry but this Ford Mustang looks good but is a piece of shit.. My mistake .
image.jpg

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT Alloy w/ Silver Racing Stripes
Hauntedone,

Does your state have a "Lemon Law"? If you can get enough evidence together that the car is not supposed to make this noise, and the dealer has just basically admitted they cannot fix the issue, you maybe able to file a lemon law case.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Can you record the noise or make a video? Curious what it sounds like.

Although not a 'click', my first snow/ice day with my new mustang and I was hearing a lot of rattling. I let the ice melt and the car warm up in a garage and after that it was back to smooth sailing.
Sponsored