Sponsored

My car is a bit more conservative than I am!

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Just picked mine up last night. Wow what a car! But as I entered the freeway I found out it will not go over 80! So then I thought I would check out what's doing on the Howard Stern show on Sirius and that channel was locked out. Later, when I picked up a friend for a ride it turned the radio off because they didn't have their seat belt on.

I'm sure all these matters can be handled if I do some digging in the owner's manual, but I was kind of surprised lol
Sponsored

TinmanX5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium DIB
Just picked mine up last night. Wow what a car! But as I entered the freeway I found out it will not go over 80! So then I thought I would check out what's doing on the Howard Stern show on Sirius and that channel was locked out. Later, when I picked up a friend for a ride it turned the radio off because they didn't have their seat belt on.

I'm sure all these matters can be handled if I do some digging in the owner's manual, but I was kind of surprised lol
You have the parental controls turned on with your my key feature. Get your second key. Insert it in the hole under under the rear cup holder. Go to my key and turn off all restrictions for the first key. Let us know if it works out for you

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You have the parental controls turned on with your my key feature. Get your second key. Insert it in the hole under under the rear cup holder. Go to my key and turn off all restrictions for the first key. Let us know if it works out for you

Dude there's parental controls on these cars? Wtf...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
If 80 is the limit, then I'm sure he'll have all the fun he can handle in a parking garage, upstairs none the less.
Needs to be 30 for that function.
I've never set up a key limit. How much control do you have over the max speed?

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
i find it interesting that your car came off the lot with all of the child proofing applied. i wonder if the dealership set it all up in the event of a test drive. how many miles were on the car when you got it?

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I've read that there are limits programmed in at the factory that are removed when the car hits a certain count on the odometer, but that sounds kinda made-up. Maybe they forgot to take it out of dealer mode when they did the PDI?

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
I've read that there are limits programmed in at the factory that are removed when the car hits a certain count on the odometer, but that sounds kinda made-up. Maybe they forgot to take it out of dealer mode when they did the PDI?
it could be that the dealerships are supposed to remove the limits during PDI, but the odometer thing is bogus, as i got mine with 4 miles on it. This was also the first Mustang that the dealership had, and the sales people learned everything about the car from me. (didn't pay a whole lot of attention during training, they admitted) so i am thinking that if you are right, the guys in the back who did the PDI took better notes. :)

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
100 Km/h? that is 60 MPH so, the child proofing would not have helped. and why on earth is the speed limit on that 4 lane road 22 miles per hour? that is oppressively slow!

speed was a factor in the damage, but idiocy was a factor on the cause of the crash. that 2014 does not lose control at 60 MPH.

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
You want a valet taking your 435 HP car for a joy ride?

Not that I'd valet anyways but how low can I set the limit? I want these mother f(*kers to wish they had got out and pushed the car instead.
Sponsored