2016 Mustang changes?

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Other than the awesome new Sync 3 that everyone is talking about I wonder what other new changes if any will be featured on the 16" Mustang? When will we find out maybe in the Spring ??

I also hope they offer the gunmetal wheel color as another wheel option for the PP.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Don't expect much. Introducing new colors and taking away current colors, maybe some repackaging of certain options, and the new SYNC 3. Other than that, don't expect much.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Guard and TY is out, Grabber Blue and Gotta have it Green in. (Based on Rumor)

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I think MY 17 will be the first time you'll potentially see GT350 bits available. Myself I'm most interested in magnetic suspension in a 2.7+ EB... We'll see ;)

Ford needs a pure performance car between GTPP base and the GT350 in price to compete with whatever C7 parts Chevy will drop in the Camaro performance editions (or bankrupt them).

I would expect '16 to include a name dredge to pull sales (mach 1 or whatever) and '17-'18 to actually have something exciting to add to the equation.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
new gunmetal wheel color for the PP !!! hahaha

I know that they are currently available through Ford Racing...but still !!

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
I have an interest in this topic as we're looking to hopefully take delivery of a EcoBoost Premium Mustang in the June-August time frame. I'm assuming that by that time, we won't be able to place an order for a 2015 model.

With that being said, what's the difference with this new 'Sync 3' software for the head unit that everyone seems to think is so much better?

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
With that being said, what's the difference with this new 'Sync 3' software for the head unit that everyone seems to think is so much better?
The hardware will have completely changed across all Ford models. The software will be Blackberry QNX instead of Microsoft. It will have a simpler interface to use while driving. It will be software-upgradable via WiFi (like how an iPhone updates its software). I'm sure there will be bugs in the first release. If there are bugs in the software, you can get an update.

In my opinion the current MFT is too clunky to use. I've used it in a Ford Edge I rented a couple months ago. You cannot upgrade a Microsoft SYNC headunit to the new 2016 Sync 3.

Sync 3 looks promising. With the simpler interface, you don't have to look at the head unit as much and keep your eyes on the road as they should be.

I know people think it is silly to complain about the software. But I don't think it is silly. If I am forced to shell out $4000 extra for the "premium" package as a whole (rather than component by component), then I want the head unit to be good! It is something you use every day! Also, I can't get leather seats with a base head unit.

Fomoco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Vert
They lef a lot of room on the engine for More HP. I bet they will see what chevy does with the comaro thingy

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Sync 3 and maybe minor color changes.

There won't be any hardware changes or horsepower changes save maybe wheel options and package options.

Edit: I don't know for sure (don't mean it to sound so sure). Major changes such as horsepower bump after first year are rare outside of some exceptions usually explainable by something's development not being complete (aka 2010 restyle and 5.0). That's not the case here. I don't expect any significant bump in power for 3-5 years.

Sponsored

mizer67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, please
I would like to see an 8 speed DCT and the 2.7L V6 Eco slotted in below the GT.

One can dream, right?

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I do not know where you guys getting the information that the QNX would be "updatable" via WiFi? If the QNX is like the units in the Chrysler Group, updates are made via USB stick. I for my person would never ever update via WiFi. What would you do if you have only 50% and the connection get lost? Calling a tow truck? Remember. QNX units are used in other cars for the whole car software. That's why there is NO OFF switch on this units. As soon you start the car, the radio units are on. The most annoying thing IMO. So I am happy with the 2015 MySync - if there where a switch to "switch off" the screen by night.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I do not know where you guys getting the information that the QNX would be "updatable" via WiFi? If the QNX is like the units in the Chrysler Group, updates are made via USB stick. I for my person would never ever update via WiFi. What would you do if you have only 50% and the connection get lost? Calling a tow truck? Remember. QNX units are used in other cars for the whole car software. That's why there is NO OFF switch on this units. As soon you start the car, the radio units are on. The most annoying thing IMO. So I am happy with the 2015 MySync - if there where a switch to "switch off" the screen by night.
Its been mentioned in the press releases that it will be updatable through WiFi

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Guard and TY is out, Grabber Blue and Gotta have it Green in. (Based on Rumor)
I would be super pissed if that happened, though I think I will love my CO but still.......

I wouldn't expect any changes outside of packages and colors, or sync as well, probably will mimic the 11-14 cycle.

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
I'm sure the QNX software will be updatable via WiFi or through your cell phone as it is paired to avoid that problem or via USB if you want to update it that way. I do not see Ford replacing or tieing the ECM software to the head unit, at this point. QNX is far superior for this purpose than Microsoft is at this point. Using an RTOS will provide better response and functionality and accuracy. Lets dream big here and see that perhaps one day we will be able to tune an engine with our voice sometime in the future.
Sponsored