Sponsored

It's a Black and Merry Christmas! My new V6.

Guitarbob3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven’t seen too many reviews of V6s in here so I wanted to share a bit about my black beauty. I’ve had her for a bit over a week now and loving it! Traded a 2011 auto V6 for her. The car is better in most every way, the only thing that’s disappointing is the reduced headroom in the back. This is also my first stick shift car so stalling out has brought out some embarrassment but I think for sure that it was the right choice for this car. It’s somewhat shameful though that I let my mother drive it and she was much better at it right off the bat.

The GT was way beyond my budget so I checked out both the EB and the V6. Coming from the same engine in the old platform, the V6 performance felt familiar and even improved in some ways. The EB was definitely more spritely at first go but ultimately I opted for the tried and true engine at the lower price.

A note on the stereo, I just had the base sound system in the 2011 and this new stock system is a marked improvement. I included a couple photos of the MTX Thunderform subwoofer in the old car that I was able to transfer successfully unto the new. Sounds fantastic! Even though it was built for the S197, the MTX fits the S550 very, very well.I think the Thunderform it’s a great option for those who are disappointed with the lack of bass in either the base or premium stock stereos. I am not an audiophile, but am a musician that likes to crank up tunes and have been more than satisfied with how things sound after the subwoofer addition.

Merry Christmas to all!
mustng.JPG
mustng2.jpg
mustng3sub1.jpg
mustng3sub2.jpg
Sponsored

Mike G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Looks great. Congrats!

And enjoy learning how to drive that stick. It will be time well-invested.

Sponsored

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Beautiful car. Enjoy her.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Black is classy looking. Sweet.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
How did you hook up that subwoofer and how much does something like that cost? Dost it have its own amp?

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Congratulations on the beautiful car! I also drove the EB and changed my mind after driving the V6. That engine is so lively!

Do you plan on adding anything to it?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Guitarbob3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks guys!

Waylap, it's a powered subwoofer with a built-in amp. It basically comes with all the cables you need to hook it up, though I did need an additional rca module that connects to the stock radio. I had a local sound shop install it but I don't think it's that difficult to do. I got mine through crutchfield a while back for about 500 and change.

Kart3, loving the V6 more and more. Had my cousins complimenting the sound today. I plan to get a CAI as soon as Airaid gets one ready for this model and maybe some 19" black wheels somewhere down the line.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Looks great, congrats!

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Gorgeous car! I test drove a Black EcoBoost. And while I wasn't looking for a black one, I found it hard to take my eyes off of it after the test drive! Good luck with it. :)

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
nice stang man

where did you mount the + and - power for the subs? Also where did you get wiring diagrams to hook up the remote wire to the Ford 'head unit'?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Awesome car man. I think a black S550 would look great with some tape stripes
Sponsored