Sponsored

Just picked up my car/dad's car/the mustang

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Picked up my white GT w/PP today. Had 16km on the clock. After the ride home and quick demo with a friend am sitting at about 50km.

Really nice car. Love the looks and the interior is great. Had a whole bunch of xpel ultimate put on and got the windows tinted as well. AMR wheels on for my winter tires.

I've only taken it to red line once or twice, but I have to say it was a little underwhelming. At least compared to my full bolt on 135i. Obviously things need to break in a little more - I hope that makes a difference. Also not sure what octane gas is in the tank right now. Also, I'm sure my altitude (~3600ft) does not help things.

Was anyone expecting a bit more go than what they got? Anyone have any idea if the engine is put in a 'detuned' state by the ecu for the first x number of miles?

Anyways, I'm sure things will improve with time. I'll leave these here.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Congrats man, looking good. I really like the color combination.

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
Looks great! Love white.

Hope you don't pulled over for the scratched out license plate...

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
:thumbsup: Looks great!

Sponsored

milo4753

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2009 f150, 1973 240 Z
Congrats! I think this color combo is in my future.:thumbsup: Are the AMR's a square or staggered set-up?

Last edited:

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
It seems no line lock tell 50 miles and detuned until 200 miles as its seems mine woke up today at 200,

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've only taken it to red line once or twice, but I have to say it was a little underwhelming. At least compared to my full bolt on 135i. Obviously things need to break in a little more - I hope that makes a difference. Also not sure what octane gas is in the tank right now. Also, I'm sure my altitude (~3600ft) does not help things.

Was anyone expecting a bit more go than what they got? Anyone have any idea if the engine is put in a 'detuned' state by the ecu for the first x number of miles?
With the passage of a few hundred miles, premium gas, and using Sport mode, the seat-of-the-pants feel changes from the initial experience. Perhaps the altitude is amplifying the early "weakness" of the acceleration.

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Congrats! I think this color combo is in my future.:thumbsup: Are the AMR's a square or staggered set-up?
Square for winter. 8.5 all around with 245/45 tires.

It seems no line lock tell 50 miles and detuned until 200 miles as its seems mine woke up today at 200,
I hope that is the case. One thing I didn't consider when I did my 2 red line pulls was that I had almost 300lbs in passengers - so that's not doing me any favors.

just got back from another little jaunt with my ~100lbs son. Seemed a little peppier. I think I really just going to have to get used to the different power delivery vs. my 135i.

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
With the passage of a few hundred miles, premium gas, and using Sport mode, the seat-of-the-pants feel changes from the initial experience. Perhaps the altitude is amplifying the early "weakness" of the acceleration.
Probably right. I am liking this line of thinking. :)

Sponsored

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
Square for winter. 8.5 all around with 245/45 tires.

I hope that is the case. One thing I didn't consider when I did my 2 red line pulls was that I had almost 300lbs in passengers - so that's not doing me any favors..
Why so skinny?

And so what you're saying is you had 1 Wal-mart shopper riding with you?

I've had my heart set on RR until I saw CO in person. I have a CO coming in 7 days for a customer (vert, at that) and I might be hard pressed to make the choice between them. My current car is white. Damn yours looks good. But I can't do white 2 cars in a row. I can't. Nope. I've never had orange. Hmmm.

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Why so skinny?

And so what you're saying is you had 1 Wal-mart shopper riding with you?

I've had my heart set on RR until I saw CO in person. I have a CO coming in 7 days for a customer (vert, at that) and I might be hard pressed to make the choice between them. My current car is white. Damn yours looks good. But I can't do white 2 cars in a row. I can't. Nope. I've never had orange. Hmmm.

Generally speaking, skinnier the better for winter rubber (cheaper too). I still have the factory pp wheels and tires for summer. Was my friend and his son in the back.

I will never own a black car again and probably not a darker one either. Too hard to keep clean and show every little scratch/chip. My wife's edge is white as well. I love white vehicles. No flash, just look good.

I had autumn orange on my '97 gt. I loved it, but it definitely not for everyone.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC00659.JPG

Not my car.
Sponsored

Last edited: