Sponsored

My White Ecoboost Mustang. (high quality SLR Photographs)

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
the Mods list as of 11/09/2015
Cobb AP
Mishimoto FMIC
TurboSmart BOV
Ultimate Racing 3" single Turbo back with resonator
FFtec CAI
Diode Dynamics LED reverse light and brighter LED trunk light
Disconnected noise cancellation/Piped in engine sound system
Removed Shutter system from FMIC
Mishimoto Charge Pipes
Tune+ tune
Blacked out pony emblem and dipped rear valence.

UPR Dual valve Catch can on the way to replace the Mishimoto can.

Mods to come..

Ford Racing emblememless tail panel
Some kind of front grill
BMR Cradle Busing lockout
Turbo Kit or upgraded turbo.
Wheels and tires.
lowering springs and better shocks.
most definitely water/meth just for the extra protection and keep the valves clean.

Figured I'd make a journal thread of the progress with my car since I am an amateur Photographer and love to take lots of pics.

The car.. White 2015 EB Mustang with the Performance pack. Ordered 11/01 and picked up the car 12/10. First off.. Yes my other car is a Z28. its alot faster than the EB. I don't like the LS motor enough to overcome the huge letdown in styling and horrible interior of the 5th gen so I've gone Ford and EB mustang Ford at that.

Day 1 the car had 15 miles on it.

I pre-ordered this the same day I ordered the car.

couple days into owning it.

I've got Ultimate Racing cat back single 3" exhaust on order and just picked up a sticker for the car because this Mustang is not like any other Mustang because its...

Other plans are IC, intake, DP, exhaust, probably a mild turbo upgrade as well, would like to be able to run 11's in the car and drive it every day. Stay tuned as there will be Photography!

Last edited:

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
You should plasti-dip the rear diffuser black, to make it match how the premium models look. It looks butt ugly in the same body colour. Good pictures!

Tell us about the post tune results. How much of a noticeable difference? Is it worth $400?

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should plasti-dip the rear diffuser black, to make it match how the premium models look. It looks butt ugly in the same body colour. Good pictures!

Tell us about the post tune results. How much of a noticeable difference? Is it worth $400?

If I do anything it would be wrapped or I'll just have it painted. not a fan of plastidip on the body.

The tune is a game changer. I mean totally different car. It picks up around 25hp and some 90 ft lbs of torque over stock so that alone is dramatic difference but the throttle response is much better, the shifts are crisp, it comes on boost quickly and is super responsive and the car is Much.. much quicker throughout the entire rev range all the way to redline. Also with the Cobb tune the ability to change the tune really is great. Overall to me its well worth the $400.

From looking at the logs took from stock vs the tune the stock tune limits the torque at the low end a lot. Guessing it was done keep people out of trouble because uncorked this car is making 380ft lbs at 2300rpm which at that low an RPM could get people into trouble if they come onto boost coming out of a turn.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
If I do anything it would be wrapped or I'll just have it painted. not a fan of plastidip on the body.

The tune is a game changer. I mean totally different car. It picks up around 25hp and some 90 ft lbs of torque over stock so that alone is dramatic difference but the throttle response is much better, the shifts are crisp, it comes on boost quickly and is super responsive and the car is Much.. much quicker throughout the entire rev range all the way to redline. Also with the Cobb tune the ability to change the tune really is great. Overall to me its well worth the $400.

From looking at the logs took from stock vs the tune the stock tune limits the torque at the low end a lot. Guessing it was done keep people out of trouble because uncorked this car is making 380ft lbs at 2300rpm which at that low an RPM could get people into trouble if they come onto boost coming out of a turn.
Where did you find it for $400? I only see 500 for the Cobb AP

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it was actually $500. At one point there was a discount on it with a promo code though which brought the price down by I think $25 or so but I think that was on black Friday.

Sponsored

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Are you around Elgin? I saw my first 15 in person driving today.

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wasn't me. I live in Schaumburg and have been driving the Camaro all day.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Ahh. Well congrats on the purchase. Still have awhile before finishing school, but the Mustang is at the top of my wish list. Oxford white really looks nice.

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man!

couple updates.. got my winter wheels and installed them today. No shots of them installed it was dark out and ehh.. they are just cheap winter wheels.

Also removed the engine cover just to see what is hiding under there. That cover is surprising heavy and has a ton of sound deadening material on the underside.

I did drive without it and the car sounds like a diesel so I put it back on.. lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So this arrived a day early.. I can't install it until tomorrow though.

Welds look really nice as well ...

I don't see how an exhaust can be any more free flowing than this unless you dump it at the axle. I can look in and see through each section of exhaust. I'll take more pics later tonight.

Last edited:

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Nice. I know you are saving weight/issues by dumping the faux second pipe, but that rear valence hole on the left would drive me nuts. I'm sure someone will offer a cover plate or a new lower valence eventually.

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Nice. I know you are saving weight/issues by dumping the faux second pipe, but that rear valence hole on the left would drive me nuts. I'm sure someone will offer a cover plate or a new lower valence eventually.
They actually offer a dummy tip that makes it look like its still a dual

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oops!!! this happened already.

[ame]

Yes I installed it. It went quick and easy to install. I was going to do it tomorrow but then remembered this car doesn't have an over the axle pipe like the Camaro.. lol! I only got to quick start it in this video and give a single rev not to piss off the neighbors but it doesn't sound bad at all! I'll get a better video tomorrow depending on the weather. Video was recorded on an iphone 5c with a Blue condenser mic on it so its not crappy cell phone potato quality microphone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok pics of it installed..

Muffler.. Its actually very large around 7" dia but still very light weight and 3" straight through inside dia.

rear mounting points using the stock hangars.

Resonator to rear flange. you can see how much of a straight shot this exhaust is. there are no sharp bends in anything at all.

Resonator. Its 3" straight through design as well.

Adapter pipe. if you buy the DP there is a different adapter pipe that must be used as their DP appears to be as straight as possible with as few bends as they could manage.

the dreaded Fake tip.. I hate this thing.. lol. But I did note they painted the inside of the fake tip black as well so it looks like it is been used like a real exhaust. I guess that is a plus.

Sponsored

Last edited: