Sponsored

2015 GT - 9.90 at 147mph 1/4 and 205 one mile - Boost Works Twin Turbo

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
EDIT: HPP Racing kit is off the car, and went with the Boost Works kit, check later in the thread!

There is another manufacture making a twin turbo kit for the 15's. They are using my car of R&D.

We started on it before hellion put theirs out, so NO we are not copying Hellions ghetto setup(if you saw it at sema you would know what I mean). Which I'm sure is not there final kit, they just wanted to be the first to say "we are first twin tubo".

The system will be 100% American made out of high quality stainless steel. Not that cheap stainless hellion makes their kits out of(you can stick a magnet to their "stainless")

My car is a Premium GT with an auto and 3.15 gears.

Picked the car up at the dealership with 8.5 miles on it.

Then promptly put a mile on it in the parking lot...

[ame]

I then drove it over to Northstar Dragway to drop it off with the builder and see if they would let us take a pass down the track, but it was a big 275x race so the track didn't want street tires messing up the starting line.

We put it on the dyno to make a baseline run where it put down 389rwhp.

Then there was a lot of planning, but it is finally coming together. I'm not going to post a lot of pictures yet, as he does plan on selling this. After it's all said and done I will be posting lots of pictures.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
There is another manufacture making a twin turbo kit for the 15's. They are using my car of R&D.

We started on it before hellion put theirs out, so NO we are not copying Hellions ghetto setup(if you saw it at sema you would know what I mean). Which I'm sure is not there final kit, they just wanted to be the first to say "we are first twin tubo".

The system will be 100% American made out of high quality stainless steel. Not that cheap stainless hellion makes their kits out of(you can stick a magnet to their "stainless")

Shame, not the first time I've heard this across the forums.

Good luck with the build! Any chance at running the Texas Mile? I ran 154.0mph back in 2011 with my then nearly-stock 5.0 and would love to go back again. If you do, be sure to share your aero ideas as well. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Guess I'm still a little bitter how much I spent on my hellion kit for my 14 and it coming with super cheap stainless.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Congrats! Looking forward to following your build. Your car put down a great stock number!

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
There are many types of stainless steel. Just because one is magnetic, doesn't make it cheap. Can't speak to other parts of the Hellion kit, but your lack of facts regarding the stainless and the general bitterness of your tone detracts from an otherwise interesting post. I'd rather see you discuss what makes your system great than see you detract from someone else's.

Just my opinion FWIW.

-T

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hey FATHERFORD, Your on dfwmustangs aren't you?? Lol

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
There are many types of stainless steel. Just because one is magnetic, doesn't make it cheap. Can't speak to other parts of the Hellion kit, but your lack of facts regarding the stainless and the general bitterness of your tone detracts from an otherwise interesting post. I'd rather see you discuss what makes your system great than see you detract from someone else's.

Just my opinion FWIW.

-T
I concur. I used to work for an OEM exhaust Supplier as an engineer and we frequently used 400 series stainless (magnetic, though aluminized) over 304 SS for cost reasons on our stainless pipes and sheet metal. We passed many environmental tests including the infamous automotive 120 hour salt spray (I think I got that right, going by memory now and it's been years!) I work in commercial exhaust so our OEMs were Volvo/Mack, John Deere, Hino, Cummins, and Detroit Diesel. :cool:

the point is even more moot if the supplier is painting it (as we did for John Deere)

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk

Just my opinion FWIW.

-T
X3

Who's 'we', and if you 'started first', what's taking so long? Should customers expect a long wait as well?

I dealt w/ John at Hellion and found him very professional and helpful. The kit was expensive, but worth the money over what I would consider truly 'cheap' kits. Shipped the day after I placed my order, and wasn't missing any parts when received.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet

Just my opinion FWIW.

-T
Further to this (as it sounds like Hellion is getting bad-mouthed for invalid reasons), when I was CAD programming for a laser cutter there was one customer making fireplaces that used a specific (can't remember which) grade of stainless for its heat reflective properties. It was magnetic. It might just be that the grade Hellion are using is the best for the application. I don't think being magnetic or not being magnetic makes any difference to the function of the turbo kit. Preventing thermal fatigue and retaining heat in the gas are going to be more important than preventing general oxidation or sticking a magnet to it.
Sponsored