Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Car was finally delivered on Thursday :clap2:
When I picked it up it was at night time, so visibility was not good, after completing the paperwork and signing the contracts I took delivery of my
2015 GT/PP.

I pulled it into the light, and to my shock, there were two medium size scratches on the front bumper cover, and worse yet, two dents and a bubble on the front nose clip. :rant:(I'll post pics as soon as I get home and charge my phone)

Of course I brought it to the attention of the salesman, but since everyone had pretty much gone home for the evening, he asked if I could bring it back the next day for them to document it, and take pictures in the light.

I brought it back the next day, and they took pictures and wrote up a work order to see if they could get the front clip from Ford. The damage is only on the front clip and bumper cover (looks to be one piece) the fenders and hood are ok.

They called back today and said that it could take awhile, maybe a month or two to get the part from Ford. They said the auto body guy looked at it and said it would be no problem to fix and re-spray.
I'm ok with that, as long as it will look as new, hold up, and is undetectable.

Since I'm not an auto body repair guy, can anyone chime in and tell me, is it fairly common to remove dents from a urethane piece (im assuming it's urethane) and make it look straight and level ?? or are those pieces normally replaced? I know it can be done on metal body panels.

I would hate to have to drive around for months with this damage, I already have to explain it to everyone I show the car too, and that's getting old.
I'm fine with them doing a repair, as long as it's going to look right and hold up.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

UPDATE: 12/16/14
Dealership emailed me today, and after reviewing everything, my pics, emails, etc. They are going to order the parts ;-)
Initially they wanted to just repair it, but after everyones feedback here, and a quick quote from another auto
body shop, overwhelmingly, the answer was to replace.
Thanks guys ;-)
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_5240.JPG
IMG_5241.JPG
IMG_5242.jpg
IMG_5243.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

rdnbrbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
I would lean on the dealership to get you factory painted replacement parts ASAP. In my experience touch ups and local resprays rarely color match well, fade differently, and sometimes the clear coats wear uneven or even start oxidizing sooner. I know some phenomenal painters but they usually don't work for dealerships as they don't pay enough. Just my two cents but id push for replacements from factory.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Car was finally delivered on Thursday :clap2:
When I picked it up it was at night time, so visibility was not good, after completing the paperwork and signing the contracts I took delivery of my
2015 GT/PP.

I pulled it into the light, and to my shock, there were two medium size scratches on the front bumper cover, and worse yet, two dents and a bubble on the front nose clip. :rant:(I'll post pics as soon as I get home and charge my phone)

Of course I brought it to the attention of the salesman, but since everyone had pretty much gone home for the evening, he asked if I could bring it back the next day for them to document it, and take pictures in the light.

I brought it back the next day, and they took pictures and wrote up a work order to see if they could get the front clip from Ford. The damage is only on the front clip and bumper cover (looks to be one piece) the fenders and hood are ok.

They called back today and said that it could take awhile, maybe a month or two to get the part from Ford. They said the auto body guy looked at it and said it would be no problem to fix and re-spray.
I'm ok with that, as long as it will look as new, hold up, and is undetectable.

Since I'm not an auto body repair guy, can anyone chime in and tell me, is it fairly common to remove dents from a urethane piece (im assuming it's urethane) and make it look straight and level ?? or are those pieces normally replaced? I know it can be done on metal body panels.

I would hate to have to drive around for months with this damage, I already have to explain it to everyone I show the car too, and that's getting old.
I'm fine with them doing a repair, as long as it's going to look right and hold up.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
Bumper covers are usually replaced because its a lot easier to replace and repaint and takes much less time.

OP
OP
minicobra

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
I would lean on the dealership to get you factory painted replacement parts ASAP. In my experience touch ups and local resprays rarely color match well, fade differently, and sometimes the clear coats wear uneven or even start oxidizing sooner. I know some phenomenal painters but they usually don't work for dealerships as they don't pay enough. Just my two cents but id push for replacements from factory.
Thanks for the input ;-)

They were saying that if the front bumper cover comes in from the factory that it won't be painted, and they will have to spray it anyway. :shrug:

OP
OP
minicobra

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
Bumper covers are usually replaced because its a lot easier to replace and repaint and takes much less time.
This was my initial thought, makes sense to me. I guess the only concern is the lead time on a brand new car model.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I would personally want a brand new panel

OP
OP
minicobra

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
Updated first post with pictures.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Now with the pictures HELL NO im sorry I don't care how good the panel guy is that nose will always look messed up after the fix.

Do not settle for a repair. Roll with the damage and wait for a new nose.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Wow I would be super pissed, I'm sorry this happened to you, I would wait and get it replaced.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Sorry to hear this OP, I personally would want a new front clip regardless of how long it took.

Would bug the crap out of me driving with a busted front end but so be it.

Sponsored

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
My car was also damaged during transport, but they refused to sell me the car before it was fixed. What pisses me off is that your dealership did not do an initial check before handing you the keys. Were they preparing your car blindfolded?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Just make sure when you pick it up after repair you give it a good inspection in full sun to ensure a good color match.

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
Tell them to order the new part, then take their best shot at fixing the damaged one while you wait. Tell them either that or give me my money back. Don't accept their $hit.

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.

Parts ordered from factory arrive unpainted.
There's a lot of great body shops out there than can do as good of a paint job as factory, if not better. Trust me, there's a lot of crappy paint jobs with over spray etc

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Matching metallic is extremely hard. The weather affects it. Without blending into the adjacent panels, your going to be able to see it.
Sponsored