Sponsored

Race Red 2015 GT Premium Perfomance Pack

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium Perfomance Pack
attachment.jpg

Hello! My name is Ronnie, and I’m the proud owner of a Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Package. I bought this car from Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills, TX on October 24th.

Options on the car:

*401a Package (Shaker Premium, Blind Spot Detection, Memory Seats, etc)
*Reverse Sensors
*Navigation
*Performance Package (Brembos, 19” Wheels, Stiffer Springs, etc)
*68B Package (Upgraded Leather and Materials)

I bought the car for nearly $4,000 under MSRP using X-Plan, $500 Ford Facebook Coupon, and $750 EAA Coupon. I ended up paying $38,800 plus TT&L, the car’s MSRP was $42,700.

Now for the MODS!! Mod list so far includes:

*20% All Around LLumar Tint – Professionally Done
*Eibach Pro 1” Lowering Springs – DIY 2 ½ Hour Job
*3” Stainless Works Catback w/X-Pipe – DIY 1 Hour Job
*20”x10” Niche Targa Matte Black Wheels 40 mm Offset (Front & Rear) – DIY *½ Hour Job
*285/30/20 Nitto NT555 Summer Tires (Front & Rear)
*2007-2014 Ford TPMS Sensors
*DiodeDynamics Front Turn Signal Switchback Bulbs – DIY 15 Minute Job
*Cheapo Ugly Chrome Small Diameter Locking Lug Nuts from Local Auto Parts Store (Removing Soon)

Mods that are currently shipping via UPS:

*DiodeDynamics XP80 Backup LED Light
*DiodeDynamics Full Interior LED Light Conversion Kit
*Black 6 Spline Lug Nuts from Late Model Restoration

Future Mods:

*Matte Black Emblems (5.0 logos, Pony, etc)
*Some Sort of Headlight Mod, Possibly Tinted Lights on the Whole Car
*Possibly a Cold Air Intake, Bama Tune, and Stainless Catted Headers
*Hood Struts, Preferably All Black w/NO logos for an OEM Look

Some things I’ve learned along the way…

1. The Stainless Works Catback has a unique exotic race car sound, but with a louder cruising noise than traditional straight-thru exhausts, without really being loud enough during acceleration and revving. I still regret this mod, I wish I could have waited for the Roush Quad Tip Catback.

2. The Eibach Pro 1” Lowering Springs are the PERFECT stance with NO compromises, and they haven’t caused me to scrape my front end or have a rough ride quality. Definitely a must have.

3. The 2007-2014 Ford TPMS sensors DO work with the 2015 Mustangs. In fact, they work beautifully! They don’t even require you to use that $40 pairing tool, they re-learn themselves. I was super relieved about that.

4. Ford screwed us over on lug nuts…the 1979-2014 Lug Nuts do NOT fit. They switched to a Metric 14mm-1.50 Thread.

5. The DiodeDynamics switchback LEDs for the front turn signals are easily one of the best mods available, I can’t believe I waited so long to order. The really clean the front end up, giving a modern appearance. One of the LEDs gave me a really hard time, I could hardly push it in the socket properly. It actually came out while I was going down the road, it was really hard fixing it after that due to the LED falling into the housing, making it difficult to pull it out.

6. The Niche Targa wheels are AMAZING! I’ve gotten so many compliments. I’m running a square set up, 20”x10” all around. There is very little clearance in the front for the big Brembos, but it works. The valve stem is literally a hair or two away from touching the caliper. I might need to find shorter valve stems. But I have no issues with rubbing, and the ride quality is great, even with 20” wheels, 30mm sidewall, and 1” lowering springs. The offset is perfect, and somehow it actually looks like I’m running a staggered setup, due to the rear haunches of these cars being so wide, and wheels filling the fenders out so nicely.

Picture time!! If there are any pictures you would like to see, let me know. I have tons of pictures, I’m just uploading a few. For more pictures and videos, follow my Instagram @ ronnies_mustang_5o

Thanks for taking the time to check this thread out! :D
Sponsored

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some during/after modifications! :D

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Nice write up!

Let's see some pictures and now :D

Sponsored

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry it took me a while to get the pictures uploaded, first time posting pictures to the forum, I've pretty much been a lurker up until now lol

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
How the #*&^$ did you get it for 38K...jeez...I need to reprice mine and then show this to a dealer in NOVA/DC.

Also, doing the lowering do you feel that it gives you any better visual? Many have said that they feel the hood points up vs flat or down.

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How the #*&^$ did you get it for 38K...jeez...I need to reprice mine and then show this to a dealer in NOVA/DC.

Also, doing the lowering do you feel that it gives you any better visual? Many have said that they feel the hood points up vs flat or down.
Coupons and Ford discounts. If you walk into a dealership without a plan, they'll bend you over and rape you. Everyone else in my town has paid MSRP or more. Try to get yourself X-Plan through EAA, and that'll give you a $750 coupon. Then keep an eye out for any other Ford coupons.

Lowering the car doesn't make any difference from inside the car as far as visibility. However, it feels way more like a real sports car and less like a truck once it's lowered. I feel fast now :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wow, that's gorgeous! Love LOVE your new wheels........and the photos with the S197s are great :)

Sponsored

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
nice car! agree, great pics with the S197s!

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Nice build! I'll be following!

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
The wheels and stance look great; Congrats, good job.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That just solidified my choice on those wheels...but in silver.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Just curious, why'd you opt for 30 series tires instead of 35s which would have given you much closer to stock tire height? Just looks? Also, do you have an opinion on cornering capability on the 285 squares vs. stock PP setup? Not sure if you installed springs before/after or at the same time where it might affect your opinion.

I understand your commentary about the SW - I do notice from videos that without the full headers it's not nearly as 'explosive' as other exhausts. Ultimately I think I'll be happy, the sound with the headers is amazing and I eventually want to upgrade to those.
Sponsored