Pharmer John

Dr. Beardface
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Guard
Here she is, my 2015 Mustang GT Premium in Guard Metallic with dark saddle interior, the performance package, 401A, ACC, and reverse park assist. I picked her up about a week ago and I LOVE this car. I named her after princess Fiona from Shrek because she is green and mean.

This is my fifth mustang but my first V8 and my first car with a stick shift. I traded in my 2012 grabber blue V6. I didn't have a ton of experience with the manual transmission before I got her but I haven't had any major issues adapting so far and it makes the car so much more engaging to drive. I'm sure it'll be a lot more fun as I get better.

So far my experience mirrors most of what I've read here. The 5.0 has torque for days and pulls hard throughout the power band. The premium stereo has good bass but the highs distort if you crank it too much. The interior is leaps ahead of the S197. There is still some hard plastic, but it's a mustang, not a luxury car and overall is a very nice place to be. I actually really like the cooled seats when it gets hot down here in FL (was 90 last Tuesday when I drove down to pick her up).

Overall, I think Ford hit a home run with this car. The styling is very sleek, but still looks like a mustang. The black PP wheels look good with Guard and give it a very stealth, understated look. One of my coworkers mentioned it almost looks like an unmarked police car as far as the color scheme. I'm sure tinting the windows will further that impression.

So far my biggest complaint is that the exhaust is too quiet, but I've got the SW catback on the way to help remedy that.

BTW, excuse my finger getting in the way in a few of the shots. I shot these with my cell phone and it's sometimes hard to hold it and get a good shot.

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Guard with saddle. You have impeccable taste, my friend! ;)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Nice. Yah I think if you went premium you wouldn't have as much plastic but it's hard to pass up on the saddle. I'm torn between that and all black with 68B

Sponsored

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
Sorry, every time I hear this name, all I think about is this scene in Euro Trip

[ame]

Luckily, yours wont do that!! LOL Congrats on the 2015 Mustang!!! Enjoy it!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
and....

"Scottie doesn't know!!"

"Fiona and me"

hahahahaha

John@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
very nice! We have a guard too! Let us know if you need any steeda springs for her

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Man, every time I see pics of this color...it just makes me so happy that its the color I chose :D:thumbsup: Congrats!!!

Although, I would love to see pictures of Guard with the PP and the 50th AP...seems like a rarity?

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Very nice - I appreciate the amount of pics.

This is one color that is trying to seduce me away from black - it is really amazing how not 2 pics of this color are the same - I really need to see it in person and I bet it changes drastically as the light changes.

The 2nd pic almost made me reach for the tissues.

Enjoy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pharmer John

Pharmer John

Dr. Beardface
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Pharmer John

Pharmer John

Dr. Beardface
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Nice. Yah I think if you went premium you wouldn't have as much plastic but it's hard to pass up on the saddle. I'm torn between that and all black with 68B
I was originally going with the 68B with Ebony until I saw the Dark Saddle. The only thing I'll miss about the 68B is the soft-touch upper door trim, but I may end up getting those pieces from the dealer to replace my hard plastic ones. I really think the Saddle interior adds a nice contrast to the interior and definitely makes it feel a bit more upscale. Also, black leather in Florida in the summer is like siting on Satan's lap.

OP
OP
Pharmer John

Pharmer John

Dr. Beardface
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Very nice - I appreciate the amount of pics.

This is one color that is trying to seduce me away from black - it is really amazing how not 2 pics of this color are the same - I really need to see it in person and I bet it changes drastically as the light changes.

The 2nd pic almost made me reach for the tissues.

Enjoy.
One of things I love about Guard is how it looks in different lighting conditions. On a clear day in direct sunlight it seems to have a hint of blue, but under low light it can range from dark green to gray. It's not as in-your-face as my last two cars (a grabber blue 2012 and legend lime 2005) which is something I like. To me it has a little more subtlety and sophistication but so far doesn't seem as hard to care for as a black car would. That's a definite plus for me because as much as I love taking care of my car, it is my DD and I can't make it a full time job like a black car requires if you drive it every day, rain or shine.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
:thumbsup: Great shots!!! Congrats!

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
You're in Florida and you still got the block heater lower grill? I didn't think you were supposed to. That's gonna be the first thing to go for me...and I'm in SD!
Sponsored