Sponsored

Squealing sound when braking?

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Hey has anyone had problems with their brakes making a high pitched squeeky sound when braking at low speeds? I have a gt premium auto since 1st week of November and the sound just started within the last week.
Sponsored

rumson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic
YES!! It only happens the first couple of brakes I do, after not driving for a while (overnight, coming out from work). Really loud, sounds awful!

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have been having it also, only notice it when I pull into my driveway.

OP
OP

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
YES!! It only happens the first couple of brakes I do, after not driving for a while (overnight, coming out from work). Really loud, sounds awful!
Exactly the same times it happens to me. Especially after work is the worst. Everyone notices! Is there anything that can be fixed? New pads?

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
Also happens to me but I was told it's common with the big disc brakes when brand new, so I was just gonna give it time. Let us know if anyone hears otherwise :p

Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Yes, I took my car in for it and was told they couldnt duplicate the problem. Yet as soon as I left the dealership it did it. I will give it until my first oil change to see if it improves.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
+1

First day home overnight did this in the am.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I took my car in and they changed the brake pads but it's still doing it. I took it back and Ford told my dealer that it's normal because of the high performance brakes. I got mad and told them I didn't pay $40,000 for a car to sound like a piece of shit when I brake. Why don't the Camaro's make this noise. Sounds like a bunch of bull shit to me.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
My car only makes the noise when I'm turning to the left and braking. I usually do this every morning so I can back into my parking spot at work. It only does it when I turn left at low speeds and brake. ANNOYING.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I've taken my battle to facebook. I'm not going to accept their bullshit reasoning for the noise.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
I took my car in and they changed the brake pads but it's still doing it. I took it back and Ford told my dealer that it's normal because of the high performance brakes. I got mad and told them I didn't pay $40,000 for a car to sound like a piece of shit when I brake. Why don't the Camaro's make this noise. Sounds like a bunch of bull shit to me.
I was thinking about taking it in to get the pads replaced but that obviously won't solve the problem. I didn't pay this much for squeaky brakes!

kesbar

Scandinavian Flick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Impreza RSTi
high performance brake pads contain more metal which will create more vibration, especially when the brakes are cold.

If it really bothers you, there are a few methods to mitigate the noise including dampening paste. Or you can go to some cheap organic pads like most non-high-performance cars have that are quiet and have worse performance/durability.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Brake squeal is common with performance cars/brakes. Just get used to it and know it's normal and don't worry about it. All of my cars have done this...even my motorcycle does it.

andrewr164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
Happens to me also.. every morning the first stop makes a squeal right before the car stops.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Yeah. I'm sorry but I'm not going to accept it. I plan to keep writing on their Facebook page until something is done. I've never ever heard any other performance car have this issue. Every single 2015 Mustang would make this loud annoying noise if it was normal. I'm not saying that I hear a little squeek. This shit makes a very loud vibrating noise. FUCK that!
Sponsored