Sponsored

Here's JL

Mike G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I don't name my cars, hell I have a tough enough time naming pets. But this one came about as an inside joke between me and my dad.

When I did the "Build your Mustang" on the Ford site back in June, I started out with a Guard base GT with PP. Nothing else.

Drove her home last night around 10:00 pm. Things change, I guess. After taking this one out for a test drive a week and a half ago, I realized I wanted this exact car. The long, bumpy straightaways in Nebraska don't exactly beg for tight suspension, and I wouldn't get much more out of 3.73s or even 3.55s on the highways. And as some of us golf equipment ho's say "Always buy the demo if that's the one that works."

Just weird though...I don't normally like red cars for myself, but I loved this red (as well as the Oxford White and DIB). I don't like chrome, but after seeing Patrick S's car in person, I really liked the 50 Year AP. I'm normally more basics/bare bones oriented, but I had to have the GT Premium with this one...the selectable driving modes were a must. And after a day of driving I love the BLIS in parking lots and the memory seats.

So here's JL. GT Premium, 6MT, 401A, Voice Nav.
jls1.jpg
Sponsored

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
Gorgeous! Ruby Red was my first 2015 Mustang color love, and I may come back to her in the end. I saw one in person not long ago and it was just stunning. As usual, pictures do not do it justice. You should take some in better light.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Those 50th Anniversary wheels look great with that color!

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Looks great!

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I don't name my cars, hell I have a tough enough time naming pets. But this one came about as an inside joke between me and my dad.

When I did the "Build your Mustang" on the Ford site back in June, I started out with a Guard base GT with PP. Nothing else.

Drove her home last night around 10:00 pm. Things change, I guess. After taking this one out for a test drive a week and a half ago, I realized I wanted this exact car. The long, bumpy straightaways in Nebraska don't exactly beg for tight suspension, and I wouldn't get much more out of 3.73s or even 3.55s on the highways. And as some of us golf equipment ho's say "Always buy the demo if that's the one that works."

Just weird though...I don't normally like red cars for myself, but I loved this red (as well as the Oxford White and DIB). I don't like chrome, but after seeing Patrick S's car in person, I really liked the 50 Year AP. I'm normally more basics/bare bones oriented, but I had to have the GT Premium with this one...the selectable driving modes were a must. And after a day of driving I love the BLIS in parking lots and the memory seats.

So here's JL. GT Premium, 6MT, 401A, Voice Nav.
I'm with you! I don't normally like red, but that red is sweet, I think it's the tinted clear coat that makes it stand out.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Congrats!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
that color is wearing on me too. thought I was set on magnetic, but that ruby red is becoming beautiful

OP
OP
Mike G

Mike G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Thanks guys. The sunlight here is just brutal this time of year. Tough to find the right light without shadows or glare.

I'll echo a lot of others' comments on the car. It drives like a dream. Plenty of punch when I want it, but very smooth and easy to drive in traffic. After a rough "first date" with the clutch on my first of two test drives,I've had zero shifting issues. I had a friend out for a ride this morning. I was going along around 45 mph in 3rd and hit the gas a little...up to 80 in the blink of an eye. His "clenching/tensing" reaction was priceless. "You OK over there buddy?" "Uh, yeah...holy shit she's fast, isn't she?"

The driving enthusiasts may nitpick over handling and suspension (very fair points), but for me it's a perfect balance between excellent steering response and comfort. My usual copilot (my 17 year old daughter) loves the way it rides. Can't wait to take the Missus out for her first ride.

Sightlines are typical Mustang...outstanding for this type of car. Minimal blind spot issues with great all around visibility. Ergonomics (a big reason I bought my '07 GT over the Pontiac GTO and others 8 years ago) are even better in this car. I'm still getting used to all the tech in the car, but buttons and switches are where they should be.

The cranky old guys out at work (where I'm the crankiest and oldest) all liked the car's looks. And like me, they really like the color. I was worried about the "blinginess" of the wheels and extra chrome, but it all works somehow. Nothing looks over the top or tacky to my normally minimalist eyes.

At age 51 and having traded in my Borla exhaust/CAI'd/tuned '07, I really appreciate the quieter interior and lack of cabin drone. I loved that car, and felt a twinge of sadness seeing it in the dark parking lot last night without tags, but the new one is a very welcome change. And I absolutely love hearing the Coyote 5.0's growl. What a great engine!

My dad is 79 and bought a 64 1/2 Mustang when they came out. I called him from the car today. "Hello." "This car is fucking awesome dad!" Laughed his ass off and told me I sounded like a little kid. I felt like one.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I will be honest, that color and those rims make the car look so sexy. I wish you many happy moments wit her.

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
Congrats enjoy her! Beautiful.

Sponsored

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
:hail: Looks great!!! Congrats!

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I love Ruby Red, it is THE red to have on this car. Race Red doesn't have the same pop to my. I couldn't choose it because, I have done a metallic, tinted clear coat red and wanted something different. It is a head turning color though.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Im not a fan of red cars either until I saw that color sitting on the lot and thought it looked really nice, congrats.

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats! Looks great, more pics please!!!
Sponsored